IGNORED

Lots of new posters

Gillies Downs Leeds

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

do find it mildly amusing when some say 'If NP goes, I'm done with City".

So do I.  I’m a huge fan of Nige, what he’s doing, will be gutted if he’s sacked, but will get behind the next man, unless…it’s a really stupid, divisive appointment, e.g. Joey Barton.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Look at the poll - 96% of City fans say it's not.

No manager will ever get the support of every fan but this must be just about unprecedented support for a City manager.

55 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Not snapshot on a forum at all….look at the polls on social media, speak to people on the concourse. It’s very unanimous. 

The problem with the Poll is , to me, glaringly obvious.

1. 24 month contract now

2. 12 month contract now

3. No contract

So, all or nothing.

Do I want to see NP sacked right now: NO!

Do I want him to be given a new contract for 2 years : NO! ( but just not right now)

How about a question- do you feel BCFC should delay a new contract whilst NP's very publicly discussed debilitating health issues are still under investigation?

Do you think that NP should be offered a contract AFTER the season is all but over in order to ascertain genuine progress or otherwise after 3 seasons in charge?

I didn't have the option as the poll was all or nothing so I chose nothing i.e. no. For many others it was also a staight choice between NP or no NP and they chose yes but may have voted for a wait and see approach if it were an option.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So do I.  I’m a huge fan of Nige, what he’s doing, will be gutted if he’s sacked, but will get behind the next man, unless…it’s a really stupid, divisive appointment, e.g. Joey Barton.

It seems inevitable that change is coming unfortunately and sounding like sooner rather than later from what is being mooted here by people that are usually there or thereabouts with their info. 
Expectation on the new man will be absolutely huge - both in the boardroom and the terraces. If Pearson is sacked I’ll certainly be expecting big things on a like for like basis.  
See Birmingham for how quickly an atmosphere can go south and extremely toxic with a new appointment that wasn’t wanted by a majority.  Will be interesting that’s for sure.  

Edited by lenred
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Not snapshot on a forum at all….look at the polls on social media, speak to people on the concourse. It’s very unanimous. 

Being happy with NP I would indeed imagine is pretty much unanimous.

What would be a long way from unanimous are the  egative views about Steve Lansdown that seem to be expressed by a sizeable chunk on here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Same for me. Managers and even Chairman are temporary after all, as much as many of us love what NP is doing. Like most of you I will still be supporting City long after NP and SL have gone.

That’s what SL still doesn’t seem to understand: it’s not his club, it’s ours. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It does seem to have become:

Lansdown : destroyer of club

Pearson : The only saviour and beyond constructive criticism.

Neither are true. I remember the "I predict a riot" conversations regarding planned protests against LJ discussed on here. It ended up being a badly written bed sheet held up for a couple of minutes.

OTIB can, at times , become an echo chamber of strong opinion from individuals some of whom seem to be out of step with the wider fan base- possibly because they don't actually attend matches.

I do find it mildly amusing when some say 'If NP goes, I'm done with City". Unless they actually support the club by attending matches, buying merchandise or having some sort of membership then I'm not sure how they see themselves as 'supporters' and being done with City is meaningless.

It's amazing how many people suddenly resurrect their support when the club are genuinely challenging for honours.  

Well, I am afraid for me I will be done with the Lansdowns. 

It's not just about NP. It's the final straw for me in a lengthy period of disdain and disconnect. 

The "It's my club" comment was the end of my respect for Lansdown. This will be the end of my interest in 'his' football club until he and his family relinquish ownership. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, One Team said:

That’s what SL still doesn’t seem to understand: it’s not his club, it’s ours. 

By doing his best to build a sustainable club whilst still being competitive would suggest that he very much sees himself as a custodian of the club rather than going gung-ho ho and risking everything on short term success.

I agree he doesn't think like the majority of fans, but personally I am glad about that.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

By doing his best to build a sustainable club whilst still being competitive would suggest that he very much sees himself as a custodian of the club rather than going gung-ho ho and risking everything on short term success.

I agree he doesn't think like the majority of fans, but personally I am glad about that.

If he thought like the majority of fans- this time next year he'd be a millionaire.

Edited by Marina's Rolls Royce
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

If he thought like the majority of fans- this time next year he's be a millionaire.

There is a happy medium though.

This isn't it.

• Like 1

• Admin
15 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I'm not sure he is doing his best for the football club anymore 

Gung ho? He was certainly like that with the wasteful ways under LJ / MA

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

I suppose he (SL) would see it as promising youth, a competitive (relative to cost) base to build around of injury hit atm and a cleanish financial slate to hand onto a new owner. On one level.. 

Lack of backing, credit to NP and his work is far harder to explain, justify. Likewise nothing much on the Fans Forum, each of the last 2 seasons it had already happened by now.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Fair enough, perhaps I'm too detached this season.

However, ultimately doesn't matter if the decision has been made already, can't fight that which has already been decided by someone else 

Strong views for someone who in your words, is too detached this season.

Your suggestion of Moore a few days ago as a possible replacement, I cannot begin to fathom.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's not unanimous though is it.

Unanimous would be 100%, so no.

I don’t think a statement that said a considerable majority (certainly over 60%) still want him to stay is inaccurate.

There are some on here who have wanted him out from very early on (one in particular became obsessed with this once we signed Danny Simpson) but they are hardly representative.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

55 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

If he thought like the majority of fans- this time next year he'd be a millionaire.

Do the majority of fans expect him to spend like he did pre-Holden?  I don’t think they do.

I know you jest, but he’s a long way off being a millionaire, a lot further than I am!

46 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm not sure he is doing his best for the football club anymore 

Gung ho? He was certainly like that with the wasteful ways under LJ / MA

I agree.  He’s undermining it, whether that’s short term because of the strained relationship with Nige, or longer term because he wants to sell, or some other reason.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Street red said:

Bristol sport that organisation that's done Bristol city FC a world of good!! The start of Lansdowns reign it seemed pretty Rosey the days he came on the pitch talked us fans it all seemed that the football club was moving forward,But things started to change it wasnt just the football club in his thoughts the club he so called loved and supported it was to add other clubs into a organisation to move Bristol rugby into Ashton gate to own the flyers and now Bristol city women into Bristol sport. Yes the ground was rebuilt but not just for the football club it was to be used for events ie concerts etc etc Bristol rugby's new home. The training ground which I feel is the only decent investment he's done for our football club, If all his investment was a sole project of Bristol city football club the ground still owned by the club concerts and other events bringing in a financial income.what I'm trying to say is it feels we've had our club and ground taken away that feel good factor of supporting a club but not an organisation a rich man's play toy.  Just remember we came close all those years ago under Gary johnson but the football club had its own heart beat Ashton gate had a pulse we nearly achieved that premierleague spot. Now the football club under this Bristol sport umbrella feels flat as ever and worse off for it. Has Lansdown really benefited our football club!!

But apart from the stadium, the training ground, the financial stability to ride out tough economic times / covid, the play-off final what have the Lansdowns ever done for us?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas_red said:

But apart from the stadium, the training ground, the financial stability to ride out tough economic times / covid, the play-off final what have the Lansdowns ever done for us?

I see a club loaded with debt, that the owner wants most of it back?

I bought a car 10 years ago for £25k, had 10 years of “pleasure” driving it, cost me another £5k in maintaining it, went to local VW dealership and they offered me £6k.  Was shocked, I expected £25k at least.

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 6
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, Thomas_red said:

The play off final? 🤣

1 shot at glory in 25 years of ownership. FFS. 

• Like 9
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

The play off final? 🤣

1 shot at glory in 25 years of ownership. FFS. 

And don't forget, that was from not pushing on in the January window when we were well placed for an automatic promotion place.

And @Thomas_red has made 46 posts in 12 years. Draw your own conclusions there.

• Like 7