IGNORED

Lots of new posters

Gillies Downs Leeds

Bristol sport that organisation that's done Bristol city FC a world of good!! The start of Lansdowns reign it seemed pretty Rosey the days he came on the pitch talked us fans it all seemed that the football club was moving forward,But things started to change it wasnt just the football club in his thoughts the club he so called loved and supported it was to add other clubs into a organisation to move Bristol rugby into Ashton gate to own the flyers and now Bristol city women into Bristol sport. Yes the ground was rebuilt but not just for the football club it was to be used for events ie concerts etc etc Bristol rugby's new home. The training ground which I feel is the only decent investment he's done for our football club, If all his investment was a sole project of Bristol city football club the ground still owned by the club concerts and other events bringing in a financial income.what I'm trying to say is it feels we've had our club and ground taken away that feel good factor of supporting a club but not an organisation a rich man's play toy.  Just remember we came close all those years ago under Gary johnson but the football club had its own heart beat Ashton gate had a pulse we nearly achieved that premierleague spot. Now the football club under this Bristol sport umbrella feels flat as ever and worse off for it. Has Lansdown really benefited our football club!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Yep & some of them then making really odd posts, like the Plymouth manager would be interested.

Clearly some of them are banned posters who are trying to return under other names but you do have to wonder about a few of them’s really ultra positive take on the current ownership.

• Like 9

Who or what on earth is Dog?

Am I right in thinking that the OP is suggesting that Bristol Sport are creating accounts purely to try and post positive things about the Lansdowns? OTIB has it's very own conspiracy theory!

I fully realise that on this forum SL is now the devil incarnate and Nige is almost reaching godlike status, but this forum consists of less than 10% of the fanbase, and the vocal people here probably less than 2-3%.

I don't think I have ever heard any City fan I speak to that isn't a user of this forum complain about the Lansdowns in a really serious manner and it certainly has not got worse recently. I will admit it's not a huge sample and very anecdotal, but it really doesn't feel to me like there is a groudswell of opinion against the current owners.

I havew to admit that SL is certainly not perfect, his managerial appointments are hit and miss and have certainly been headscratching at times, but I do not believe that he doesn't have the best interests of the club at heart. Having said that, he has the best interests of sport in Bristol as a whole at heart (fewers aside), and I see how the two can be perceived as not always being compatible,

People talk about the nest egg comment, it seems to me that it is a fairly sensible policy to have, and fully in keeping with the stated policy of making the club as sustainable as possible.

I will agree that the whole Bristol Sport model is very 'corporate' and has taken away the feeling of it being 100% 'our' club, this is an opinion I voiced fairly regularly on here when Bristol Sport was first mooted as a concept but I was pretty much ignored then. I have now come to accept that it is a necessary evil in order for us to compete at the level we are now at. And just think how much less personal it will become should we suddenly be owned by a large multinational corporation or another country's wealth fund!

For most fans, we are regularly competing at a higher level than at any time in our supporting lives, so it seems to me that even ignoring the ground and HPC SL would leave with a positive legacy should he disappear any time soon. The fact that people are unhappy with not being top 6 in the Championship should say everything, when most of our history has been spent bobbing around at the bottom of this division or top half of the one below.

Should it be that Nigel Pearson is the one to go, then so far as I can see he has done a decent job without being amazing - managers such as that come and go over the years and he wouldn't be the first person to depart a job because he doesn't get on with the boss.

• Like 9
  • Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Am I right in thinking that the OP is suggesting that Bristol Sport are creating accounts purely to try and post positive things about the Lansdowns? OTIB has it's very own conspiracy theory!

I fully realise that on this forum SL is now the devil incarnate and Nige is almost reaching godlike status, but this forum consists of less than 10% of the fanbase, and the vocal people here probably less than 2-3%.

I don't think I have ever heard any City fan I speak to that isn't a user of this forum complain about the Lansdowns in a really serious manner and it certainly has not got worse recently. I will admit it's not a huge sample and very anecdotal, but it really doesn't feel to me like there is a groudswell of opinion against the current owners.

I havew to admit that SL is certainly not perfect, his managerial appointments are hit and miss and have certainly been headscratching at times, but I do not believe that he doesn't have the best interests of the club at heart. Having said that, he has the best interests of sport in Bristol as a whole at heart (fewers aside), and I see how the two can be perceived as not always being compatible,

People talk about the nest egg comment, it seems to me that it is a fairly sensible policy to have, and fully in keeping with the stated policy of making the club as sustainable as possible.

I will agree that the whole Bristol Sport model is very 'corporate' and has taken away the feeling of it being 100% 'our' club, this is an opinion I voiced fairly regularly on here when Bristol Sport was first mooted as a concept but I was pretty much ignored then. I have now come to accept that it is a necessary evil in order for us to compete at the level we are now at. And just think how much less personal it will become should we suddenly be owned by a large multinational corporation or another country's wealth fund!

For most fans, we are regularly competing at a higher level than at any time in our supporting lives, so it seems to me that even ignoring the ground and HPC SL would leave with a positive legacy should he disappear any time soon. The fact that people are unhappy with not being top 6 in the Championship should say everything, when most of our history has been spent bobbing around at the bottom of this division or top half of the one below.

Should it be that Nigel Pearson is the one to go, then so far as I can see he has done a decent job without being amazing - managers such as that come and go over the years and he wouldn't be the first person to depart a job because he doesn't get on with the boss.

Wait until you hear how opinion and exit polls are done…

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

You're assuming that most fans remember the glory and gory days. 

Perhaps most fans are bored and disillusioned by bobbing around and not getting anywhere? I would assume that the coaching staff and players would hope for more than that?

3 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

It does seem to have become:

Lansdown : destroyer of club

Pearson : The only saviour and beyond constructive criticism.

Neither are true. I remember the "I predict a riot" conversations regarding planned protests against LJ discussed on here. It ended up being a badly written bed sheet held up for a couple of minutes.

OTIB can, at times , become an echo chamber of strong opinion from individuals some of whom seem to be out of step with the wider fan base- possibly because they don't actually attend matches.

I do find it mildly amusing when some say 'If NP goes, I'm done with City". Unless they actually support the club by attending matches, buying merchandise or having some sort of membership then I'm not sure how they see themselves as 'supporters' and being done with City is meaningless.

It's amazing how many people suddenly resurrect their support when the club are genuinely challenging for honours.  

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 2

• Admin
11 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Lots of new posters on here all of a sudden. I smell Bristol Sport...

It certainly wouldn't be the first time that many new members originate from within the club

You only have to look at mens / women's social media to see there is a message being pushed out at times 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Clearly some of them are banned posters who are trying to return under other names but you do have to wonder about a few of them’s really ultra positive take on the current ownership.

The most amusing thing is how easy they are to spot 

54 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

39 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

For those wondering who "Dog" is, let me throw some other usernames at you - Lez, Londoner, Gabriella (that one appeared this week), plus countless others.

All the same person.

Exactly the above, fortunately other admin and members are very good at spotting banned members 

Though it does amaze me how a couple of people consistently rejoin under a different name, then get banned and keep repeating the same process 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

The most amusing thing is how easy they are to spot 

Beyond IP addresses and the technical stuff mods can see - for me it's the audacious language and complete confidence to start attacking other posters and competing with other opinions within a minute of joining.

A real new poster is always slightly reticent at first. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Beyond IP addresses and the technical stuff mods can see - for me it's the audacious language and complete confidence to start attacking other posters and competing with other opinions within a minute of joining.

A real new poster is always slightly reticent at first. 

100% 

99% of new posters just lurk around for a while. 

I don't think they realise how easy they are to spot 

The other useful thing, many members also spot patterns too and alert us

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I always thought a poster was something you stuck on to or hung on a wall. 

Are you still using dial up Internet connections? :laugh:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

If it's time, it's time

Football managers don't stay forever.

Absolutely clueless about Rowett aside from being a mid table manager for a mid table club

Staying out of the rest of it

Look at the poll - 96% of City fans say it's not.

No manager will ever get the support of every fan but this must be just about unprecedented support for a City manager.

• Like 4
  • Flames 4

Under Holden, it was a perfect storm by the end. Under NP I don't see that as being the case.

We are generally still competitive, under Holden once injuries hit double figures we were in freefall. The tactics were different.

This is still salvageable, whereas under Holden in the final days a combination of horrendous injuries, an inexperienced manager, a squad that was too large and was unwieldy that had come to the end of the cycle, plummeting morale and behind closed doors- there was no way back.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

It's a snapshot on a forum, lovely.

Also we've a hard end date coming barring renewal anyway 

Reading some of the older threads, I will never get why people treat a manager leaving like a death in the family.

It's football, managers change. NP now is basically where DH was where he was sacked down to bare bones and blooding the kids, starved of finances and injury decimated side

Done a great job in slicing dicing and recruitment in the main.

Doesn't mean he'll go on forever.

Not snapshot on a forum at all….look at the polls on social media, speak to people on the concourse. It’s very unanimous. 

• Like 6