IGNORED

John Eustace

Ziderarmy

6 minutes ago, bristol red said:

80-82 worse.. but we survived… just.. thanks to some of the most admirable and unselfish players ever…

wont happen this time

And we had Terry Cooper to help rebuild. Last manager we had that made a bigger contribution than NP

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

If this is true?    What a let down.    A club like ours should be casting its net widely all over Europe to find a young progressive tracksuit coach, like a Farke or Frank type (Yes i know that is a cliche).....but that is exactly what this club needs?   Instead we take the easy option off of the merry go round of sacked managers.....no ambition no foresight?   If we were intending to get rid of NP, why didn't we spend a few months looking at possible replacements, vetting them, researching them, and talking to candidates?    Instead it's a case of who's out of job, and is gonna be grateful to be employed, and lets make sure he is a YES man who won't upset anyone?    It is all so very tedious IMO.

Totally agree but what experienced, proven manager is going to come here and be told that his Director of Football is a nobody who had a decent left foot and had one stab at management and completely screwed it up but then brown nosed his way to a position of power and oversaw the sacking of a manager who built a Premier league winning squad and was the most popular manager we'd had for years? 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I don't believe it's Eustace.

Gonna be a long week ain't it!

The longer it goes on the more I'd side with it being a coach already in a job, given the process for looking for Nige's replacement started a couple of weeks ago. 

Yeah agree. I think unless there is multiple reports from multiple different about the same guy tomorrow, it’ll definitely be someone currently in a job imo. Would’ve been talks (and probably advanced ones) if it was someone free, available and keen - and that would’ve got out by now. 

• Like 1

Just now, petehinton said:

Yeah agree. I think unless there is multiple reports from multiple different about the same guy tomorrow, it’ll definitely be someone currently in a job imo. Would’ve been talks (and probably advanced ones) if it was someone free, available and keen - and that would’ve got out by now. 

The dream lives on! 

7 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Totally agree but what experienced, proven manager is going to come here and be told that his Director of Football is a nobody who had a decent left foot and had one stab at management and completely screwed it up but then brown nosed his way to a position of power and oversaw the sacking of a manager who built a Premier league winning squad and was the most popular manager we'd had for years? 

Bang on. That nail's not coming back out.

26 minutes ago, bristol red said:

I have been a city fan since early 1970’s and this is by far the worst time to be a supporter. Got a fantasist owner, nowhere to be heard, his son as chairboy who hasn’t an effing clue about anything in the real world let alone anything football and then a clown who used to hit a few nice balls with his left foot that is now the DOF or whatever name he wants to call himself! Got rid of the best manager we could possibly hope to get us to the premiership. It’s all an absolute joke.

by far worse time to be a supporter ? You could not have been stood near me in the old enclosure when we lost 0 1 home to Torquay United to go bottom of old Div 4. On a wet sh***y night with under 3000 in attendance..... Now that was a bad time... This is a stroll in the park by comparison🙄

Edited by DT The Optimist
  • Like 9
  • Flames 3

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I don't believe it's Eustace.

Gonna be a long week ain't it!

The longer it goes on the more I'd side with it being a coach already in a job, given the process for looking for Nige's replacement started a couple of weeks ago. 

Luke Williams is my guess.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It is Eustace. Deal with it. I have no problem with him as a person or football coach. I am a long time supporter of our club for over 45 years and genuinely wish him well as do I the players. I cannot though step foot inside the stadium until the owner finds his balls (maybe his missus can find them for him?) and put himself in person in front of us now to answer the questions from fans like myself both he, his son, and the other clown fail to acknowledge. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Harry said:

There is a fair amount of chat about Eustace and the job he did at Brum in “difficult” circumstances. 

Here’s some context. He spent more than Pearson has. 

Last season, supposedly under some sort of embargo, he was able to sign 2 youngsters from Prem clubs for around £2m, 2 experienced prem players on frees and then add a further 6 prem loans - and they don’t come cheap! 

This summer, he’s been allowed to spend around £5m or so on 4 players from Prem clubs plus signings from Germany and Belgium. He also added Bielek from Derby on a free and then further supplemented with 4 more loans (again, they don’t come cheap). 

So, he’s spent more than Nige was given over the last 2 summers and also made 11 loan signings (we are apparently against these!) and also a couple of good pickups from Europe (again we don’t like to do this any more). 

So, given that we don’t have any budget, and if we did, we don’t tend to sign loans, don’t tend to dip into the European market and also don’t tend to look at Prem youngsters since our Chelsea experiences of a few season past, I wonder what his remit is going to be? 

In summary, Eustace finished below us last season and was only a couple of points better off this season, having spent more money and relied on a shed full of loanees. 

Whilst we are saying we are recruiting to a certain style, and the boss must fit this, his 15 months in management seem to suggest he’ll be after something completely different to what we’re saying we’ll give him. 

Really liked the fact Pearson was against loans so this discourages me a bit. The fact Pearson didn't want temporary deals (without options to buy) feeds in to the exact idea of implementing a style of player and recruiting to build a future system which is all the shite Tinnion just said in his interview. Massive contradiction if they bring in Eustace and let him have his way with loan signings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bristol red said:

It is Eustace. Deal with it. I have no problem with him as a person or football coach. I am a long time supporter of our club for over 45 years and genuinely wish him well as do I the players. I cannot though step foot inside the stadium until the owner finds his balls (maybe his missus can find them for him?) and put himself in person in front of us now to answer the questions from fans like myself both he, his son, and the other clown fail to acknowledge. 

I don't want to hear from him. 

I won't step inside the stadium until he's gone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1