IGNORED

Nige speaks

luke_bristol

2 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Such a sad and needless situation. Pearson was and is exactly what this club needs and I have a horrible feeling we’ll really miss him. Christ knows who we’ll get to replace him but they’ll be hard pushed to achieve anywhere near the level of popularity that Nige has with the fans here. 

Even let him see this season out and take stock then. I think many more would be happy/happier that there seemed a more sensible, cohesive plan. Bringing in someone for the next push I would understand, but not half way through a project that, most could see progression and most could see the problems. They should have let him get through the injury crisis and see how we performed then. Not take advantage of it to get him out.

• Like 7
  • Flames 4
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, M.D said:

I don't think there has ever been a more unpopular sacking of a football manager in modern times..

I think the fact is that he gets us. He’s taken in the local area, got to know the club and its supporters and genuinely wanted to be here.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

YOUR team seems significant, or maybe I’m reading too much into it.

IMG_9459.png

What a man…….as we always say on here - it’s OUR club.  Unlike so many and in complete contrast to the clusterfucks we have in charge he just got it, he so so so got it……….  Cheers Nige 😢

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Brilliant. Whatever happens in the future i'll remember Pearson's time as giving us a dose of having the club back in safe hands and sorting out the absolute crap left for him to deal with.

It felt like we had a proper Manager for a change and not some young head coach that the chairman and owner could mould.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Some may consider it ironic considering the current circumstances, but Tinnion actually came in here to post a message when he was made Manager. There were some, and I was probably one of them, that felt his Managerial issues were partly down to him trying to placate certain posters on here at the time.

It wasn’t him. Or that’s certainly how I remember it.

Edited by Barrs Court Red

8 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

What a ******* bloke.

In an industry full of self obsessed bullshitters I was genuinely proud of having someone with such honesty, decency and integrity as our manager. 

City will of course always be my team, but frankly the Ashton/Johnson era really started to question, that although I’ll always love the club, whether at that time I actually liked it. Nige changed that.

Really happy he knows the warmth so many of us have towards him, and he’s been in the game long enough to appreciate this isn’t exactly the normal response from fans to a manager getting sacked.

As he says, the hard working spirited team he’s built deserve our full support, a far cry from the squad full of half hearted, overpaid wasters that he inherited.

Agree with every word.

Jarring for me though that some on podcasts who have wanted him out numerous times, then start using this decision to slag off our (clueless) owners when it was what they wanted before.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

What an absolute Legend! Top class, I'm so glad he knows about all the support he has from City fans.

I hope he gets himself well, and storms back into football to kick some butt! (not against us :P)

Also, can't help but think the "YOUR team" confirms my thoughts on Lansdown, he truly believes it's "HIS club" to do with as he pleases with total disregard for the fans, I know some people are of the opinion that he owns it on paper with his money so it's "his", I don't share this opinion, I believe every club, it's culture, it's history belongs to the fans.

Edited by noize
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I think the fact is that he gets us. He’s taken in the local area, got to know the club and its supporters and genuinely wanted to be here.

To me it really felt like we (the club) grew on him too.  I think he genuinely came to love it here and got more enthusiastic as time went on.  Shame we’ll never know what he could have achieved 

• Like 4

Wow, I feel even more disappointed about him going after reading that, if that were possible. What a manager!

He clearly gets us as a fan base and had a clear strategy and plan which the Lansdown’s have shat all over.

The reference to YOUR club (twice) is intentional, I wonder if he’s even heard Lansdown say it’s his club himself. 

He will be remembered fondly, although I do wonder if the door is open for him to return at some point and finish the job, a la Leicester. Maybe lightning can strike twice. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

We know the Lansdown’s are out of touch but I wonder what they’ve made of the fallout this week.

As they still don’t seem to have anyone and rumours of being turned down by their 1st choice, I wonder if they’re thinking “why the hell did we do that?” 

No, it was a power struggle and the Lansdown's and Tins wanted control.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

My main takeaways ....

YOUR TEAM ....  I'm not one to try and read too much into things, but this feels like a little dig at Steve's comment about it's his. I like it 

"pride in shaping with intricate and individual detail"  If we did somehow trouble the top six , it is the team they have assembled.

and nice to know he comes on here , wonder if he has a user name  :city:

It was bcfcshags till yesteday…

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

We know the Lansdown’s are out of touch but I wonder what they’ve made of the fallout this week.

Well given they had Marshall out last night on TV still trying to control the narrative five days after the sacking, I think it's safe to assume privately they are shitting themselves.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Agree with every word.

Jarring for me though that some on podcasts who have wanted him out numerous times, then start using this decision to slag off our (clueless) owners when it was what they wanted before.

Absolutely. I know Ian Gay gets some stick but he’s not the problem on that pod.

• Like 1