IGNORED

Nige speaks

luke_bristol

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

A class act, beautifully and carefully worded. 

YOUR team twice and the use of the word custodian speak volumes. 

He's right though...we need to get behind OUR team and support the one he's created. 

Hope he gets well soon, is pain free, and enjoys whatever he chooses to do in the future. 

He'll be remembered with fondness here. 

Very well put.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you read this Nige then thank you. The fans could see the roots taking place under your leadership. Unfortunately the egos of the top brass couldn't and weren't able to handle you being more popular than them. You will be missed. 

Good luck with the op and future health. If you stay in football someone will be getting a gem. Thanks Nige. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, luke_bristol said:

YOUR team seems significant, or maybe I’m reading too much into it.

IMG_9459.png

Do we actually believe Nige is writing these messages?

OTIB comment looks like taken from another source to describe it.

Curtis at the helm etc.. caring touch… 

Also punctuation is very good (not saying Nige is not competent)

It reads to me as someone writing for Nige.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, RedReg said:

We are going to miss him

I already am mate!

Although we weren’t exactly pulling up trees, there was genuine, steady progress and at long last, we seemed to be moving in the right direction..

He clearly knew what he wanted to do and had the knowledge and experience to carry it through and given the time and backing, I reckon he’d have achieved it.

While he was here, I had every confidence that we had someone with the finger on the pulse of the club and also truly understood our fanbase and communicated brilliantly and honestly.  

To me, he felt almost like a fans’ representative, who was trying to convince those clueless idiots running the club on what needed to be done.  All I can see now are those same two ‘idiots’ slapping each other on the back for actually managing to dump him, rather than seeing it as another sad example of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Only a personal view, but it seems like the genuine hope and optimism I felt while he was here has been cruelly snatched away again by those two Lansdown clowns and we’re back to square one again.

• Like 3

65 years a fan and really feel NP best and most all round manager ever. Don't care if he wrote these words or not..I seriously doubt that.

My support, in terms of attendance at least has been seriously challenged. Really wanted him as DoF...so suited to that role to sort our club out at last n bring it into the 21st century!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Do we actually believe Nige is writing these messages?

OTIB comment looks like taken from another source to describe it.

Curtis at the helm etc.. caring touch… 

Also punctuation is very good (not saying Nige is not competent)

It reads to me as someone writing for Nige.

No it doesn't. 

• Like 3

“please support YOUR team”

I really hope that is exactly what happens today, even if things don’t go as we would like them to. This is the team that he has assembled on a tight budget (for this division), they’ve done nothing wrong. Encouraging the players for 90 minutes is not the same as condoning the actions of those at the top of the club.

Thank you Nige, we’ll always wonder what could’ve been achieved with an extra 2 years and a decent transfer kitty with a experienced football man in charge. But then as you know our owners only talk about promotion, they don’t really mean it.

• Like 3

He needn't have sent the messages. I suspect most ex managers wouldn't. It just underlines his integrity and at the same time highlights the lack of it with our owners.

I'm afraid it looks like he was asked to do a clear the decks job which they were quite happy for him to carry out. He was asked to come up with a strategy with and without Scott, which he did. He's carried out his part whereas it looks like they've moved the goalposts. 

As time moves on although we can never know exactly what went on but I think we all can make an educated guess.

Its times like this when really it's best to come clean and take responsibility and hold your hands up if you're found out to be in the wrong.

There is so much wrong with football and its ironic that here, we had a manager who told it as it is, had all the experience, wasn't phased or had ideas distorted by financial pressures, he did simply what he was instructed and all he expected in return was the same. He simply was honest.

How on earth is the new manager or head coach going to follow with this?

I am glad he sent the messages because it shows that he can feel the depth of support and the feelings of the fan base.

Thank you for all that you've done for our club. Make a speedy recovery and good luck in the future Nige, all of the Bristol City fan base will miss you.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Nige getting to read messages and comments is important because I can't think of a way that our paths will cross again.

Hopefully he will regain full health quickly and some of us might be lucky enough to bump into him on a walk somewhere, say hello and thanks.

I haven’t ruled out him coming back in some capacity at some point under new owners. He went back to Leicester of course.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Classy. Far too good for our current board and our "Director of Football".

Wish him all the best with his health, future career if he continues in management...and if at all possible hope he returns under new ownership.

Would be nice if there are a few renditions of

🎵Nigel Pearson's Cider Army

🎵Nigel Pearson's Cider Army🎵

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

65 years a loyal supporters...and truly have felt NP was the best manager we've had in terms of overall insight into the problems faced and how to resolve them. Really wanted him to become DoF..who else have we got...Tins not the man even though so well respected re academy! Def wavering re season ticket next season though support will always be there..

Thanks Nigel for showing us real honesty, passion and commitment to the cause...so rare these days. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

We know the Lansdown’s are out of touch but I wonder what they’ve made of the fallout this week.

As they still don’t seem to have anyone and rumours of being turned down by their 1st choice, I wonder if they’re thinking “why the hell did we do that?” 

I doubt they give a toss. Steve has made his contempt for the fans abundantly clear in the past so is unlikely to be losing any sleep.

In a perverse way he might even be rather enjoying putting two fingers up to the fans in his 'it's my club and I'll do as I please' mode.

• Like 2