IGNORED

Nige speaks

luke_bristol

23 minutes ago, eardun said:

I haven’t ruled out him coming back in some capacity at some point under new owners. He went back to Leicester of course.

Fair point and well made in saying 'some capacity' as he is a bit older now and having some health concerns might alter his outlook on daily coaching.

I find it hard to watch the older coaches like Hodgson on TV. The stress and pressure can't be good on match day.

Trouble is, these guys live and breathe football. Walking away could be worse for them! 

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I doubt they give a toss. Steve has made his contempt for the fans abundantly clear in the past so is unlikely to be losing any sleep.

In a perverse way he might even be rather enjoying putting two fingers up to the fans in his 'it's my club and I'll do as I please' mode.

You might be right re Steve, it’s hard to know now he’s taken a back seat.

I think Jon knows now he’s taken a gamble he didn’t need to make right now, it could have been a much easier decision to make down the line and he’ll be very worried about getting it right, I think. 

Even though Nigel is having a difficult time with his health and processing the unfair and unnecessary mistreatment he endured from the Lansdowns, Tinbrain and their minions, he still thinks and cares about our feelings.

And furthermore, he finds the time and the words to give us a timely tonic.

We had a very special bond.

He understood us, our hopes and expectations. We understood him and the way he was going about delivering our dreams (despite having his hands tied).

This was a special, unique relationship for between the Manager and fans of Bristol City FC.

"Where there is discord, let me bring union.

Where there is error, let me bring truth.

Where there is doubt, let me bring faith.

Where there is despair, let me bring hope".

St Nigel of Nailsea (Patron Saint of the Cider Army)

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

You might be right re Steve, it’s hard to know now he’s taken a back seat.

I think Jon knows now he’s taken a gamble he didn’t need to make right now, it could have been a much easier decision to make down the line and he’ll be very worried about getting it right, I think. 

As far as Steve is concerned the fact that he doesn't front up any more may tell it's own story.

It's hard to tell with Jon because he always comes across as so nervous anyway. He'd look like a rabbit in the headlights if he was announcing Pep as our new head coach.

If things go wrong he won't take the rap, that'll be Tinnion, whose ambition might have set him up for a fall.

We live in interesting times!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Manager shout out for OTIB, is this a forum first?!

Love it.

Hope he’s seen the poll!

2 hours ago, Olé said:

And reads OTIB 👋🏽

IIRC didn’t someone send his agent the topic pages from post Coventry as a show of support?

I emailed his agent wishing him the best and my uh….confusion….about the decision. He replied very quickly along the lines of he genuinely couldn’t believe the support, he’d try his best to make sure Nige reads all the messages but so many were coming through he didn’t know if it would be possible. 

• Like 5

Just goes to show how much he was in touch with us the supporters . The two videos and the Radio Brizzle interview are how out of touch the club are with the punters . I like what been posted about a return possibly in the future , I’d like that . 
It wasn’t always a an easy ride here for Nigel but the feeling among us for him has surprised me , genuine love and appreciation, haven’t seen too much of that in my time . 
Hope and know we will get behind the new guy when he arrives . 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Even though Nigel is having a difficult time with his health and processing the unfair and unnecessary mistreatment he endured from the Lansdowns, Tinbrain and their minions, he still thinks and cares about our feelings.

And furthermore, he finds the time and the words to give us a timely tonic.

We had a very special bond.

He understood us, our hopes and expectations. We understood him and the way he was going about delivering our dreams (despite having his hands tied).

This was a special, unique relationship for between the Manager and fans of Bristol City FC.

"Where there is discord, let me bring union.

Where there is error, let me bring truth.

Where there is doubt, let me bring faith.

Where there is despair, let me bring hope".

St Nigel of Nailsea (Patron Saint of the Cider Army)

Where there were jobs, let us take them away. 

Margaret Thatcher and Steve Lansdown

• Haha 2
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, tin said:

Top man who genuinely has the club’s best interests at heart, unlike those above him who put their own egos first. Lansdowns out.

This will be a part of his legacy.

He could have easily rejected our job in March 2021 as a hospital pass. A disaster and a shitshow.

He came in, shovelled the crap, helped to remove the rot and was laying foundations.

All the while, in part through necessity pushing youth through and seeing better or more expensive players leave and eventually be sold- building a more cohesive side on a lesser budget.

Most managers, some more than others are about the here and now- agitating for more money and experienced pros. Sure an improvement in budget would have been welcome as would perhaps a bit more experience, 2-3 more in key positions but he more often than not put club before self.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This will be a part of his legacy.

He could have easily rejected our job in March 2021 as a hospital pass. A disaster and a shitshow.

He came in, shovelled the crap, helped to remove the rot and was laying foundations.

All the while, in part through necessity pushing youth through and seeing better or more expensive players leave and eventually be sold- building a more cohesive side on a lesser budget.

Most managers, some more than others are about the here and now- agitating for more money and experienced pros. Sure an improvement in budget would have been welcome as would perhaps a bit more experience, 2-3 more in key positions but he more often than not put club before self.

There’s part of me wonders whether NP isn’t, or in the course of time won’t be, reasonably happy with his time here.

He was brought in to do a job and he did it. In truth, he was probably given more licence to do it here than he would have elsewhere: he acknowledged himself that managers are given more time at City than most other clubs, and most other clubs would probably have sacked him a year ago.

He leaves with his head high, his reputation high, a job well done (even if he’d have preferred to take it the next stage) and - not insignificantly - time to get his health problems sorted. 

• Like 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Classy. Far too good for our current board and our "Director of Football".

Wish him all the best with his health, future career if he continues in management...and if at all possible hope he returns under new ownership.

Would be nice if there are a few renditions of

🎵Nigel Pearson's Cider Army

🎵Nigel Pearson's Cider Army🎵

I prefer E I E I E I O with the Pearson is our king message getting under the skin of our board should we achieve that promotion. I’d be less keen to use it when we do have a new HC on board as I do believe we should get behind the new man, unless it’s someone like JB or LJ 😅

• Like 2

I posted this back in August:

A good piece from Anita Asante.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/29/luis-rubiales-sad-symbol-systemic-problem-for-womens-football

This paragraph should be a source of pride for the club as well:

I’m lucky enough to have experienced working as first-team coach at Bristol City where Lauren Smith’s side share a fabulous open‑plan training facility with the men’s setup and the men’s team manager, Nigel Pearson, and his staff are fantastically welcoming. It’s a friendly, harmonious arrangement, provoking plenty of exchanges of ideas; it feels entirely normal for male and female footballers to work alongside each other.

A part of Nigel's contribution that bears repeating. I liked it also that when he was asked if he gave advice to Lauren Smith he replied that she's a good coach, she doesn't need my advice.

He's man often portrayed as a dinosaur but we, and Anita Assante, know better. I suspect Lauren, her staff and players will miss him too.

Well done Nige.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I posted this back in August:

A good piece from Anita Asante.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/29/luis-rubiales-sad-symbol-systemic-problem-for-womens-football

This paragraph should be a source of pride for the club as well:

I’m lucky enough to have experienced working as first-team coach at Bristol City where Lauren Smith’s side share a fabulous open‑plan training facility with the men’s setup and the men’s team manager, Nigel Pearson, and his staff are fantastically welcoming. It’s a friendly, harmonious arrangement, provoking plenty of exchanges of ideas; it feels entirely normal for male and female footballers to work alongside each other.

A part of Nigel's contribution that bears repeating. I liked it also that when he was asked if he gave advice to Lauren Smith he replied that she's a good coach, she doesn't need my advice.

He's man often portrayed as a dinosaur but we, and Anita Assante, know better. I suspect Lauren, her staff and players will miss him too.

Well done Nige.

Not forgetting the time Fran Bentley and her namesake Dan, plus Liv Clark and Max O’Leary did a training session together.  Ok, I know it wasn’t a daily occurrence, and maybe a bit for show / the cameras, but it at least points to a one club culture.

I think Nige was behind Grace Williams joining the club from Watford too.  And also present at games too.

• Like 2

Another touch of class from Nige, though I don't think that comes as a surprise to anyone here at this point, that's just who he is. Makes it all the more upsetting that he won't get to see through all the work he's done here.

Thank you for everything.

Edited by RobinTuga
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Better Red said:

I am pretty sure Nige did not write the statements.

Maybe his sentiment but embellished by his media team.

Not his statement word for word. Nige does not speak like that.

So of all the things that we've learnt about NP, one of yours was that he employs a media team to write his messages. Mine was that he doesn't.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SnozRobin said:

Just when I thought I was getting over it!

WTF have the Lansdowns/Tinnion done?

The best manager in my lifetime ((I’m 47) and a class act to boot.  Get well soon, Nige.

Same here - I am 50 and this was the first time I could see something building that I felt resembled a proper culture around the club. We are now back to patting ourselves on the back and accepting failure. I will never forgive the Lansdown and Tinnion. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Gazman said:

Nige has more professionalism and integrity than the board and owners at city could have in multiple lifetimes.  Just an another reminder of how disgracefully he has been treated. 

Regardless of the situation, he’s a class act. You can understand why he’s so highly regarded still by Leicester (and generally in football)

I think the your team was just a reminder to back the players despite the situation