IGNORED

Day of reckoning?

CliftonCliff

can i suggest a new verb to be "Lansdowned' ?

it's not unlike paying to be mugged by a clown, you start with a sense of wonder, distraction and excitement at the bright colours and face paint, happy to hand over your hard earned cash,  but rapidly you are left with a sense of anger and frustration, only to find out some time later what you have lost exactly.

• Like 2

Looking forward to Jon Lansdown being appointed. His previous success as an armchair fan makes him ideally suitable. He has a deep understanding of players conditioning and wont allow them time off on international breaks. He will combine his role as chairman with head coach making him the ultimate yes man. With a top ten budget and a good enough squad anything less than the playoffs will be deemed a failure.

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

A lot of eggs being prepared for faces if nothing happens today. A lot of I told you so’s being typed up if something does. 

Big day. A huge day. 

I think the major question is whether Fleming has definitely gone. If that gets confirmed then it surely must mean we are about to appoint today? 

• Like 2

I'm clearly in a minority here but, while I didn't want Pearson sacked, I do find the idea of appointing a promising coach with plenty of upside a bit exciting. It's a risk, but it's one way to potentially outperform your wage budget in this league. And if it's Manning, he also has a reputation for playing good football.

• Like 6