IGNORED

Day of reckoning?

CliftonCliff

1 hour ago, Antman said:

can i suggest a new verb to be "Lansdowned' ?

it's not unlike paying to be mugged by a clown, you start with a sense of wonder, distraction and excitement at the bright colours and face paint, happy to hand over your hard earned cash,  but rapidly you are left with a sense of anger and frustration, only to find out some time later what you have lost exactly.

Might be better Lansdrowned 

24 minutes ago, petehinton said:

If it gets announced then yeah, I’d say that’s a sign for sure. If it doesn’t, and he still has left, tbey obviously just want to clear the decks for the new guy to say we have space for your men, and Hines/Cisse/King lead training this week

You could be right but I'm not convinced. 

If they wanted to clear the decks, and that include Fleming, surely they'd have done that last week? Maybe Fleming going wouldn't necessarily mean an announcement today but I can't see them releasing Fleming unless they are confident they'd have a manager in place in time to lead the team (and not just watch) on Saturday...

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

You could be right but I'm not convinced. 

If they wanted to clear the decks, and that include Fleming, surely they'd have done that last week? Maybe Fleming going wouldn't necessarily mean an announcement today but I can't see them releasing Fleming unless they are confident they'd have a manager in place in time to lead the team (and not just watch) on Saturday...

The cynic in me, and I’ve been cynical for the last 8 days, says no way in hell they’d have wanted to feed Hines/Ball/Cisse to the lions of the media this week as part of pre/post match duty. Much easier and better for a close friend and ‘his man’ Flem to do it. Imo that was a consideration

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The cynic in me, and I’ve been cynical for the last 8 days, says no way in hell they’d have wanted to feed Hines/Ball/Cisse to the lions of the media this week as part of pre/post match duty. Much easier and better for a close friend and ‘his man’ Flem to do it. Imo that was a consideration

Said lions of the media:

keeleco-22cm-4-assorted-kittens-daisydai

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CliftonCliff said:

Assuming the last things I read here last night are correct and today’s the day we find out the nature of the Lansdown’s latest master stroke, I woke this morning feeling oddly indifferent about what’s to come. I say “oddly”, because along with many others I have been animatedly engaged, online and in person with friends, in hot debate about the week’s events. In short, these things mattered to me, a lot.

So, it seems in one way strange to  discover that as we wait to be told the identity of our new head coach, I find a large part of me all of a sudden doesn’t really care. I think this is partly because I fully expect to be underwhelmed by the announcement: it would be typical of all things BCFC if the drama of the last eight days was a prelude to the appointment of someone as inspiring as, say, Gary Rowett, or rather, since we know it’s highly unlikely to be him, someone of a similarly mediocre calibre.

But even if it should turn out that we are pleasantly surprised, I suspect the feeling will still be somewhat hollow, because if we can take one lesson from what’s happened, it’s that the core problem facing the club is not who we appoint to HC or manager, his assistants or the head of the medical department, and that whatever changes are implemented today may well make very little difference to the club’s trajectory. We already had, in the opinion of many, a more than adequate team in charge and I cannot convince myself that sacking the whole lot of them and installing replacements is going to impact much in the long run on the dysfunctional manner in which the club is run.

I sincerely hope I’m proven wrong in this. It sounds negative and depressing, I know, but I also think it’s a not unrealistic appraisal. Am I alone in feeling quite flat about the impending news, rather than excited?

Amen to that CC and feeling exactly the same.  

The big issue for me is, whoever we appoint, we still have the same puppet masters at the top, so I just don’t see any reason for optimism.

Another I don't care but spent time posting another topic..

Another I'm expecting to be underwhelmed topic.. Surely results bad or good that will ultimately come in time is the only thing that matters?

Another topic to say regardless of the appointment it won't matter anyway as you don't trust the board..

I wanted Nige to stay, I'm not happy with the way it was dealt with but these dramatic posts are too much. 

• Like 1

Just tweeted or "x'd" or whatever it is called now James Piercy asking someone from Bristol Live to contact the club to see whether there is any press conference/announcement today?

Hopefully that'll put the story one way or another to bed.

Surprised they haven't run a story about it all already?

4 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Just tweeted or "x'd" or whatever it is called now James Piercy asking someone from Bristol Live to contact the club to see whether there is any press conference/announcement today?

Hopefully that'll put the story one way or another to bed.

Surprised they haven't run a story about it all already?

A good shout. If there was an announcement today you’d think the media would have been invited.

4 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Another I'm expecting to be underwhelmed topic.. Surely results bad or good that will ultimately come in time is the only thing that matters?

Another topic to say regardless of the appointment it won't matter anyway as you don't trust the board..

I wanted Nige to stay, I'm not happy with the way it was dealt with but these dramatic posts are too much. 

Can understand you finding it repetitious and getting tired of it, but with respect, there's a simple solution - stop reading it.

8 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Oh The Drama GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Facepalm 1