IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers away match thread

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Bloody awful,but you can’t blame it on the new manager,the players have to take the bullet for that performance 

We did have a set of players willing to run through walls for their manger, a unit pulling in the same direction, a group who had bought into a culture, who were playing for the benefit of the collective and as a result could keep us competitive even in times of deep squad depletion.

You'd like to think we still do, but when the driving force of that culture is no longer there, there are no guarantees. 

Already the negative reaction on here to a poor result is doubled compared to the grace ordinarily given to new coaches bedding in. But that's the reality those above will have to face having gambled on a change when things just, well, weren't that bad. 

Interesting times ahead.

• Like 10

What an absolute joke. Get rid of an experienced manager and support staff, claiming it’s so we’d play front foot football and then the first performance is like this.

Most new managers get a bounce or a honeymoon period, but really, that was an atrocious performance with nothing positive at all against one of the worst teams in the league.

Lansdown and Tinnion have a lot to answer for.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

What did you make of it then?

Playing by a distance one of the worst teams in the division who have won once at home in a year?

Pretty sure you were telling us last week just how dire it had been under Pearson, who incidentally had won both times he was in charge of us there.

Big improvement?

What on earth does it matter if he won at qpr both times he was in charge, its different teams, different managers. We also got spanked by Lincoln while pearson was here, just a mental analysis

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

Really baffles me on here, yet the ones I meet at games and talk to at away games are completely different most the time.

Funny that because most people I spoke to at away games this season were suppotive of NP and what he was trying to do. I guess you spoke to your Bristol Sport colleagues in the away end.

• Like 8
  • Robin 1
1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Nor am I but I’m pretty sure the majority weren’t suggesting “poor form” when we lost at Cardiff with 12 players missing, having won our previous game.

“Poor form” over 1 game?

Didn’t we lose 5 in niges last 7?

People acting like no one ever draws against a bottom 3 team, away from home.

Looks like the team spirit, fight and patterns have been coached out of us in 3 days.

Lucky they were a poor side like us, most other sides in the division beat us based on that performance.

They can feel hard done by as the Sinclair trip was debatable as a pen shout. Bell had his shirt almost ripped off in the box too.

If we play like that at home we're gunna get picked off on the break constantly.

Can't do much in three days but if that's the early signs then I'm not getting my hopes up.

Feel for Cornick/Conway, barely got a touch because we're too busy knocking the ball around the back and hoping something will fall to us.

We need to see improvements quick as that was mind numbingly boring to watch. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
14 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Well if John got read of Nigel for not playing exciting football, based on what I seen today the new manager will be gone by Xmas , let the long slog to avoid relegation begin :laugh:

Seriously so after 4 days of working with exactly the same players as Pearson (nige) to his fans, you expect a drastic transformation?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Funny that because most people I spoke to at away games this season were suppotive of NP and what he was trying to do. I guess you spoke to your Bristol Sport colleagues in the away end.

Boring now, using that joke to get some likes or flame reactions from your cult? Or you not a member yet?

2 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

What on earth does it matter if he won at qpr both times he was in charge, its different teams, different managers. We also got spanked by Lincoln while pearson was here, just a mental analysis

You’re gonna get ignored by the clique/cult I’m assuming. For talking sense

• Haha 1
Just now, UncleRed said:

People acting like no one ever draws against a bottom 3 team, away from home.

Yep, including Leeds & Leicester away.

Strange that he never got the chance to face Sheffield Wednesday & QPR, isn’t it?

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
4 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

22,000 at home every week for a team paying premier league ticket prices to see a team that’s never played in the PL, hasn’t played in the top flight in over 40 years, and have never won a major trophy, what other group of fans can say the same?

They are the most  fickle and negative fans anywhere. One person has just posted( and there are many more similat posts as you've probably seen)we've got no attack so the defence will have to keep us from avoiding relegation. That's after 1 game under a new manager and about a month ago after Rotherham they were regarding Tommy Conway as the next Alan Shearer. As I said the  worst sometimes wonder why they bother.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
3 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

What an absolute joke. Get rid of an experienced manager and support staff, claiming it’s so we’d play front foot football and then the first performance is like this.

Most new managers get a bounce or a honeymoon period, but really, that was an atrocious performance with nothing positive at all against one of the worst teams in the league.

Manning out😀

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

As you said the first game , Christ I know a lot on here have an agenda but get some perspective , reading the last few pages on here makes me wonder if this is a FANS forum ? 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, UncleRed said:

Narrow defeats against Leicester, Leeds and Ipswich all top 6. A defeat against Cardiff with debutants at RB and players out of position due to injuries. 

Only defeat I couldn't excuse was Stoke. 

It was clear the players were playing for Nige to most of us with a brain.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2
1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Narrow defeats against Leicester, Leeds and Ipswich all top 6. A defeat against Cardiff with debutants at RB and players out of position due to injuries. 

Only defeat I couldn't excuse was Stoke. 

It was clear the players were playing for Nige to most of us with a brain.

Players are playing for a manager? That’s ok then, that must mean we’re destined for promotion.

3 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

They are the most  fickle and negative fans anywhere. One person has just posted( and there are many more similat posts as you've probably seen)we've got no attack so the defence will have to keep us from avoiding relegation. That's after 1 game under a new manager and about a month ago after Rotherham they were regarding Tommy Conway as the next Alan Shearer. As I said the  worst sometimes wonder why they bother.

They , they , they

🤣 Didn’t you get the office memo

Its red you need to put in your username , not Orange  🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, UncleRed said:

Players are playing for a manager? That’s ok then, that must mean we’re destined for promotion.

Where did I mention promotion? This side is nowhere near good enough for promotion. Pearson was getting the best out of average players for this level and we pushed 1st, 2nd, 3rd placed teams all the way despite an injury crisis. There wasn't much more us fans could ask for in thos games.b

• Like 3