IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers away match thread

Just now, bearded_red said:

That our defensive out of possession numbers are really good, so why would a new manager be working on that? 

Because it’s the most basic building block of a side, without it you are stuffed and I’m assuming LM etc need to have confidence in the structure their way, didnt he say in interview done very little with the ball and it’s mostly been shape.

1 minute ago, Cristored said:

Because it’s the most basic building block of a side, without it you are stuffed and I’m assuming LM etc need to have confidence in the structure their way, didnt he say in interview done very little with the ball and it’s mostly been shape.

So he’s looked at the team that has conceded less than every team apart from one, and thought he needs to work on off the ball? I think that’s weird. 

• Like 1
Just now, bearded_red said:

So he’s looked at the team that has conceded less than every team apart from one, and thought he needs to work on off the ball? I think that’s weird. 

He plays a different brand of football to Pearson so I assume that if he had worked on the ball then they wouldn’t necesssarily know what they were doing off the ball because different to previous regime. If that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Cristored said:

He plays a different brand of football to Pearson so I assume that if he had worked on the ball then they wouldn’t necesssarily know what they were doing off the ball because different to previous regime. If that makes sense.

So during the international break are we going to do some on the ball stuff? Because I’d say that’s needed..

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

I think he’s more likely thought, he’s only got a couple of sessions before the first game, and probably doesn’t want to overload/confuse them with new patterns of play in possession when there is a significant break coming up, which will provide a much better opportunity to get started on the “in possession” stuff.

So no, not weird. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I think he’s more likely thought, he’s only got a couple of sessions before the first game, and probably doesn’t want to overload/confuse them with new patterns of play in possession when there is a significant break coming up, which will provide a much better opportunity to get started on the “in possession” stuff.

So no, not weird. 

But out of possession we’re really good? So it’s in possession that all the work needs to be done?

Edited by bearded_red
13 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Accept him ?????

He's been appointed Captain of the Rwandan Olympic bowls team AND  coach driver of the national football team which , due to time restraints, is why he's unable to post on here.

I did wonder. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

But out of possession we’re really? So it’s in possession that all the work needs to be done?

Oh I don’t disagree we’re poor in possession, but that is how Pearson wanted us set up wasn’t it? We didn’t really want the ball. We wanted to hit teams on the break, at pace.

It’s going to take a significant amount of coaching (and probably a few new players) to turn us into a possession based team, which is apparently what we now want to be. 

Like I said, I think Manning likely felt he couldn’t get enough of that across in the very limited time he had, and it may in fact detract from what we’re currently good at. 

2 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Worst we’ve played all season.

We haven’t played a poor team and looked worse than them in eighteen months, nice throw back today. Absolutely rubbish.

Just got in , can’t find the score but I’ve read the forum , it seems we’ve lost 5 or 6 and the new coach is shit , how did we get on ? 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Cardiff &Swansea away last season as well?

Not sure those 2, especially Swansea of last year fitted the criteria of playing a poor side and looking worse than them. Swansea were decent.

Cardiff maybe a better argument but we had one cleared off the line at 0-0 and that goes in the game changes. We became injury hit during the game too if memory serves.

Yes just checked.. 24 mins Williams went off injured, Kalas on 68- the latter necessitating a change of shape, they got the 2nd.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
26 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

But out of possession we’re really good? So it’s in possession that all the work needs to be done?

"I’ve also got to be honest, as far as I’m concerned, this is a mediocre boring team that is destined for a mediocre boring mid table season, doesn’t make any sense to me to be spending cash trying to chase sixth place."

So , BR, at least you're consistent in your thoughts on the BCFC team. We have indeed been a  mediocre boring team since your above post in Feb 2021 albeit that we've struggled to make a mid table finish under Nige- 19th, 17th and 14th. Hopefully we can now achieve a mid table finish or perhaps more?

If you genuinely think that today was the worst performance ( at 0-0) then I'm not quite sure what team you've been watching. Your struggle with Lancaster Gate seems lightweight compared to your struggles with Ashton Gate.

Now.... about the Reformation....It's such a shame about Tintern Abbey.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

"I’ve also got to be honest, as far as I’m concerned, this is a mediocre boring team that is destined for a mediocre boring mid table season, doesn’t make any sense to me to be spending cash trying to chase sixth place."

So , BR, at least you're consistent in your thoughts on the BCFC team. We have indeed been a  mediocre boring team since your above post in Feb 2021 albeit that we've struggled to make a mid table finish under Nige- 19th, 17th and 14th. Hopefully we can now achieve a mid table finish or perhaps more?

If you genuinely think that today was the worst performance ( at 0-0) then I'm not quite sure what team you've been watching. Your struggle with Lancaster Gate seems lightweight compared to your struggles with Ashton Gate.

Now.... about the Reformation....It's such a shame about Tintern Abbey.

Just between you and me, have you actually scrolled back to February 2021? Bet you’re fun at parties.

By the way, if you want to scroll back to everybody else’s views from February 2021, I reckon ‘mediocre’ and ‘boring’ will be two of the kindest things said about that team.

Yes I still think today was the worst performance since Reading away last season, that is a downgrade on the eighteen months I was initially claiming.

I did go to Tintern Abbey on school trip, crap if I’m honest. Probably better than todays performance though.

I don’t have any struggles with Ashton Gate though thanks, maybe how flat the Amstel is.

Edited by bearded_red
  • Haha 1

I haven’t read everything as have a sore head but by god that was awful. I’m not putting it on LM, it’s early days but if the three buffoons think this squad is capable challenging at the top then they are more idiotic than I thought. I don’t see that performance under Pearson. QPR were equally as bad. So that’s two of the bottom three and we have looked rubbish in both. 

Thank god we got rid of Pearson. 

Oh also the longer that game went on I thought we looked more likely. Damn those pesky fitness levels. 

I am going back to bed. 

• Like 2

Great day out,
 laughing at the junior Stone Island Oxford fans on our train, cracking anti Manning song , fair play. 
Greta meeting up with a few lads in the Sawyer in Paddington and very tasty breakfast. 
Found a nice pub on the way where the Barmaid was from Keynsham .
Good afternoon with QPR mates in their Pub, nice to see a few other City mates stumbled across it too.
Few more beers in there after the game 
Easy trip home , having a good laugh with some Newport lads who had been to Arsenal.

The football takes 2nd place after a good day out. 

I thought it was scrappy, I thought they were slightly more organised and I was glad their best player wasn't playing. 
We did have a little spell late on, but in that time I think we had one tame shot on target.

This recent run has been massively disrupted by injury, peaking with about 12 out at Cardiff. That can be used as an excuse/explanation for a poor performance , but we haven't been firing for a while, ironically the home defeat by Ipswich was probably the most cohesive performance of late.  
I guess it was the kind of game we could have expected . 2 teams with new managers, but not enough time to get their ideas in place , neither been in form and both had only managed 3 goals from their previous 5 games, was never going to be a goal fest. 
We now have best part of 2 weeks for Manning to shape and get them playing, With luck we could see more players returning and hopefully we will see an improvement against M'boro, we will need it.  

• Like 6

Who ever the coach is there are having there work cut out to make this a more creative team we just haven’t got the players ( think even pep would struggle ) we knew Scott was going but we as a club ( Nige ) included have not gone out and got that type of player I think we all knew this would happen . Our injuries obviously haven’t helped but lack of creativity is also making our forward thinking players suffer .