IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers away match thread

13 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

If that’s true then these players aren’t the good bunch of lads NP and CF preached about. They’re gonna be professional about this whole thing and do their best for LM I have no doubt.

A group of lads doing their best because of authentic leadership. If the new gaffer lacks that authentic leadership these lads will have to be better than good to be at their best, to be unaffected by change would make individuals exceptional. Its normal sporting psychology where faith, or doubt in leadership will effect positively or negatively mindset and performance levels. 

Edited by Cowshed
  • Like 2

These things can take time, sometimes it can get worse before it gets better but this shouldn't really be the case here.

Let's see how it looks after a few games but it doesn't sound promising.  Time to train with them, instil principles hopefully build on good.

Middlesbrough at home next- they beat Leicester today. We played very well vs an arguably superior Middlesbrough over Easter..Akpom, Archer, Giles albeit we still had Scott of course.

5 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

A group of lads doing their best because of authentic leadership. If the new gaffer lacks that authentic leadership these lads will have to be better than good to be at their best, to be unaffected by change would make individuals exceptional. Its normal sporting psychology where faith, or doubt in leadership will effect positively or negatively mindset and performance levels. 

Or how about this. Today was just one of those days that didn’t go our way or to plan. 

Next game might be a better performance and more effort shown. Hence he would be showing authentic leadership as well.

let’s give it more than a few days yeah mate?

Just now, City_USA said:

What's with the anti American rhetoric here?

Am I missing something? 

Thats my fault mate. Don’t mind them. Just a differing of opinions but some of the, lets say more experienced posters, will bring up where you were born as a way to try and make themselves look more credible. Not most but a few

36 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

Or how about this. Today was just one of those days that didn’t go our way or to plan. 

Next game might be a better performance and more effort shown. Hence he would be showing authentic leadership as well.

let’s give it more than a few days yeah mate?

You could read my post again. I did not mention todays performance at all. I remarked on your general point about the players not being a good bunch of lads and the players going out and doing their best. 

You are maybe not understanding the point about authentic leadership, and trust in that leadership and sport. If in the next game the players might show more effort, and this might is a consistent behaviour the leadership is failing. Effort is psychological, it is mindset and players who doubt what they are doing, their team mates, or their leadership will display inconsistencies as a behaviour. 

3 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Worst we’ve played all season.

We haven’t played a poor team and looked worse than them in eighteen months, nice throw back today. Absolutely rubbish.

Also worth pointing out QPR have won once at home since last March, got 2 points (including today’s) from the 21 available this season, the worst home record in all 4 divisions.

• Like 1

@Cowshed

I understand what you said no matter how many “big words” you tried to use and repeat yourself.

I didn’t say they had no leadership and lacked effort today. You’re saying if they haven’t got a leader it will be hard for them to put in effort. I thought as bad as the performance was today the effort was definitely there.

I was just commenting on someone’s post about them lacking effort because potentially the change in manager. And I said the players seem like a good group and will try their best for the new manager. Just because they may have liked playing under NP and disagree with his departure. Thankfully footballers understand that it doesn’t matter and on to the next so to speak.

edit: forgot the quote

Edited by UncleRed
6 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

@Cowshed

I understand what you said no matter how many “big words” you tried to use and repeat yourself.

I didn’t say they had no leadership and lacked effort today. You’re saying if they haven’t got a leader it will be hard for them to put in effort. I thought as bad as the performance was today the effort was definitely there.

I was just commenting on someone’s post about them lacking effort because potentially the change in manager. And I said the players seem like a good group and will try their best for the new manager. Just because they may have liked playing under NP and disagree with his departure. Thankfully footballers understand that it doesn’t matter and on to the next so to speak.

edit: forgot the quote

Your post stated if that's true these player aren't the good lads .. I repeated my post because I didn't think you understood it, you clearly did not. I have made no mention of todays performance. I also didn't mention liking Nigel Pearson.

I used the not particularly big words of faith, doubt, trust, authentic and leadership. In a sporting setting these do matter. If faith and trust in the leadership is compromised in a group, and individuals its logical, its human that effort levels suffer. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thats my fault mate. Don’t mind them. Just a differing of opinions but some of the, lets say more experienced posters, will bring up where you were born as a way to try and make themselves look more credible. Not most but a few

So if, for instance, I was born in Southmead, went to Stockwell Hill School and (mis)spent my youth in the likes of The Granary,  Fleece and Firkin and the Bierkeller my opinions would maybe account for something?

Just curious, asking for a friend :laugh:

11 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Your post stated if that's true these player aren't the good lads .. I repeated my post because I didn't think you understood it, you clearly did not. I have made no mention of todays performance. I also didn't mention liking Nigel Pearson.

I used the not particularly big words of faith, doubt, trust, authentic and leadership. In a sporting setting these do matter. If faith and trust in the leadership is compromised in a group, and individuals its logical, its human that effort levels suffer. 

I made no mention of you liking or not liking Pearson. Not everything has to be “one versus the other.” I said if the players liked Pearson then that doesn’t mean they won’t respect and commit for LM. When you come onto a match thread mentioning lack of authentic leadership and effort, I think most people would assume that you are talking about the match that the match thread is the subject of.

I sense you’re trying to cause an argument for the sake of it and I think you’re not understanding my posts. Cheers cow let’s leave it as that.

Edited by UncleRed
2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I haven't read the thread so here's my opinion on today.

No blame on Manning atall but that was a dreadful game.

The only positive for me was when Knight was moved forward and TGH sat in beside James. Annis is not a Championship winger but may do more centrally.

As for the rest of the game, instantly forgettable.

Hopefully better to come plus we didn't lose. 

Bingo! Just my thoughts on getting back from London too.

I read a little of the thread at half time: it was poor, no doubt; two sides with new managers and players trying to do new things and take on board new expectations and struggling. But, as poor as it was the reaction on here was even more OTT. I’ll probably take a pass on reading any more! 

Yes, TGH hugely improved things: composure, the ability to make a little space for himself and find a pass. And it gave Knight the opportunity to move forward where he looked so much better - and actually brought more out of Sykes.

I felt we finished much stronger, and we did actually create a few half chances. 

Hopefully Manning will have learnt a lot from it, and we go again in two weeks. 

• Like 5