IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers away match thread

6 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

What an absolute joke. Get rid of an experienced manager and support staff, claiming it’s so we’d play front foot football and then the first performance is like this.

Most new managers get a bounce or a honeymoon period, but really, that was an atrocious performance with nothing positive at all against one of the worst teams in the league.

Lansdown and Tinnion have a lot to answer for.

I don’t agree with the decision to sack Pearson for one second, but seriously you’ve got to give it more time than this.

We’re unlikely to see much of a “bounce”, because this wasn’t a situation where the players had stopped performing for the manager or he wasn’t getting as much out of the team as he might. Pearson’s record was about par for the ability of this squad, so you can’t expect a “bounce” above what they are actually capable of.

Manning may well implement “front foot football”, but he’s had two sessions. The players are suddenly hearing a new voice, with a new style, giving new instructions. We really should allow for a transition period, rather than throwing the toys out of the pram after one disappointing performance.

I did say previously that the problem for the board is that the decision was so unpopular, the new incumbent needs to do very well very well quickly or people will turn. But rushing to judgement after one game is ridiculous.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1
Just now, 2015 said:

Where did I mention promotion? This side is nowhere near good enough for promotion. Pearson was getting the best out of average players for this level and we pushed 1st, 2nd, 3rd placed teams all the way despite an injury crisis. There wasn't much more us fans could ask for in thos games.b

Called sarcasm. Players playing for the manager? I would of thought so otherwise I would of thought the sack would of come sooner.

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

I've always believed it and nothing they say or do suggest othersise, they are the worst fans anywhere.

19 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

22,000 at home every week for a team paying premier league ticket prices to see a team that’s never played in the PL, hasn’t played in the top flight in over 40 years, and have never won a major trophy, what other group of fans can say the same?

Think I'd better log off; I've obviously drifted into a gas forum by mistake.

• Flames 1
13 minutes ago, westonred said:

Dreadful game but what do we expect with this squad i hope lansdown allows LM to bring in 4 or 5 players in Jan but i doubt that very much

They can't do that even if the nest egg suddenly hatched without admitting they were lying when they claimed we have a top 6 squad.

Though let's face it Jon can't open his mouth without putting his foot in it. He's so far out of his depth that in my calmer moments I feel sorry for him.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, 1team said:

No but I don't expect worse. 

It may have escaped your attention but the other team also had a new manager and were at home and were as desperate as we were to not disappoint, sometimes these things cancel each other out, don't be so hard to judge so soon as you could be eating humble pie 3 months from now and remember I said could, you may be right but it won't be down to manning not wanting to win as much as we want him to, sometimes things just conspire against you. I have a feeling though humble pie will be in order.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I can only see about half a dozen posters AT MOST pinning it on Manning but the Bristol Sport Rep's are now banging on about how bad the fans are for some odd reason.

Shame none of them were in the away end, singing "We've had a shot." Just like the old days under Holden. Did enjoy " We want our Nige back" though.

• Like 1

better once Bell and TGH came on, and perhaps more importantly Knight moved forward which seemed to work much better with Sykes. - we were quite dominant for the last 20 minutes and with better crosses would surely have scored. The first 70mins quite turgid with Cam Pring unable to get forward and Mehmeti offering little. Dickie again excellent as was James

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don’t agree with the decision to sack Pearson for one second, but seriously you’ve got to give it more time than this.

We’re unlikely to see much of a “bounce”, because this wasn’t a situation where the players had stopped performing for the manager or he wasn’t getting as much out of the team as he might. Pearson’s record was about par for the ability of this squad, so you can’t expect a “bounce” above what they are actually capable of.

Manning may well implement “front foot football”, but he’s had two sessions. The players are suddenly hearing a new voice, with a new style, giving new instructions. We really should allow for a transition period, rather than throwing the toys out of the pram after one disappointing performance.

I did say previously that the problem for the board is that the decision was so unpopular, the new incumbent needs to do very well very well quickly or people will turn. But rushing to judgement after one game is ridiculous.

This squad of players are good enough to beat QPR away, that’s pretty much a fact.

They were playing as a team under NP.

The board deposed the leader of the team and the next performance is completely lacklustre.

There’s going to be questions and rightly so. That performance was unacceptable and I’m certain it would have been better under either NP or even CF.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Most of the game was dire but we looked more promising towards the end of the game.

It felt a strange emotion today, when we weren’t performing (and we looked the weaker team for large periods), I couldn’t help but feel anger towards the board.

That being said, have to get behind the manager, he comes with his own merit but it’s going to take more than a few days to see the benefits.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Shame none of them were in the away end, singing "We've had a shot." Just like the old days under Holden. Did enjoy " We want our Nige back" though.

Moaning about people moaning about city fans, then goes on to say how city fans were singing for the ex manager and not the new one. Glad I wasn’t there.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I noticed that Sheffield Wed, who we scraped past against 10 men last Saturday, pre Manning, got smashed at home 0-4 by Millwall. 

Maybe, just maybe, we’re not as good as JL and BT think???

And just maybe having so many players out with injuries and a new manager after nearly years has had an effect, give it a little more time before passing judgement.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

This squad of players are good enough to beat QPR away, that’s pretty much a fact.

They were playing as a team under NP.

The board deposed the leader of the team and the next performance is completely lacklustre.

There’s going to be questions and rightly so. That performance was unacceptable and I’m certain it would have been better under either NP or even CF.

Such is our collective fondness for Pearson, we’re in danger of rewriting history here.

In reality, Pearson didn’t win every game you might have expected him to, and not every performance met expectation. Sometimes we were actually pretty crap.

That’s not to say Pearson didn’t do well here. Overall his record holds up and he was getting about par from a limited squad. But let’s not start pretending we we were guaranteed to beat anyone under him. We weren’t.

You’re also not allowing for a transition period while the players adapt to a new manager with new ideas. That alone is likely to have contributed to today’s performance.

3 minutes ago, Kibs said:

If only football was that simple eh? 

Yep, so you look at the reasons why we didn’t?

did we play them off the park and just fail at finishing? No.

were we let down by a poor referee performance? No.

were we surprisingly lacklustre and not set up correctly? Probably. That’s down to the coaching team and the players’ attitude. Neither were good enough today.

• Facepalm 1
10 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I noticed that Sheffield Wed, who we scraped past against 10 men last Saturday, pre Manning, got smashed at home 0-4 by Millwall. 

Maybe, just maybe, we’re not as good as JL and BT think???

I think most City fans know this, so why don't the so called football experts in the board think the same?

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Such is our collective fondness for Pearson, we’re in danger of rewriting history here.

In reality, Pearson didn’t win every game you might have expected him to, and not every performance met expectation. Sometimes we were actually pretty crap.

That’s not to say Pearson didn’t do well here. Overall his record holds up and he was getting about par from a limited squad. But let’s not start pretending we we were guaranteed to beat anyone under him. We weren’t.

You’re also not allowing for a transition period while the players adapt to a new manager with new ideas. That alone is likely to have contributed to today’s performance.

My exact feeling, you must work for Bristol Sport as well. @2015 @Sheltons Army @GrahamC quotes incoming.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Yep, so you look at the reasons why we didn’t?

did we play them off the park and just fail at finishing? No.

were we let down by a poor referee performance? No.

were we surprisingly lacklustre and not set up correctly? Probably. That’s down to the coaching team and the players’ attitude. Neither were good enough today.

You know there’s two teams involved in a game of football, right?

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

He won every game away at QPR 😉

• Haha 1

NP cult out in full force tonight🤣 glad the miserable bloke is gone. How refreshing it must be for the players to get instructions from the main man. Not some dinosaur that spent a few days down in Cornwall every week while Fleming and Euell took charge. Out with the journeyman “manager” and in with the fresh head coach. Well done Jon and Brian :clap:

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 2
  • Facepalm 8