IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers away match thread

10 minutes ago, Sitrom said:

442 possibly.  One less center midfielder and Andi pushed pushed forward?

Dont think it will be, think it will be the same formation. in a BP article in the week it was mentioned Manning was looking to loan Mehmeti and play him cam, i think knights just been dropped deeper and Mehmetis in that spot. 

• Like 1

This one, I think, will look one of two ways. 
Manning’s Oxford, when not playing 3 at the back, were set up in a 4-2-3-1. 
I wonder if he’s wanting James & Knight to be the 2 CM’s (James in Brannigan’s role, Knight in MaGuane’s role). 
We’ll then have 2 wide forwards/wingers, with an attacking midfielder (the Rodrigues role). 
Question is, will the attacking mid be Weimann or Mehmeti. 
I’m inclined to think he’ll start Mehmeti left, Sykes right and Weimann in the AM role. 
But it could very well be Mehmeti in the AM role (which would be my preference). 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

This one, I think, will look one of two ways. 
Manning’s Oxford, when not playing 3 at the back, were set up in a 4-2-3-1. 
I wonder if he’s wanting James & Knight to be the 2 CM’s (James in Brannigan’s role, Knight in MaGuane’s role). 
We’ll then have 2 wide forwards/wingers, with an attacking midfielder (the Rodrigues role). 
Question is, will the attacking mid be Weimann or Mehmeti. 
I’m inclined to think he’ll start Mehmeti left, Sykes right and Weimann in the AM role. 
But it could very well be Mehmeti in the AM role (which would be my preference). 

You and I agree that JK better coming from deep, front on rather than back to goal. Ought to be a good ally for James.

10 minutes ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

You and I agree that JK better coming from deep, front on rather than back to goal. Ought to be a good ally for James.

Yea think TGH is a bit unlucky but yea think Knight and James feel like the best 2 to play in the deep role. Will be interesting to see where Wiemann ends up as I generally am not a fan of him in thst Am role, and agree with Harry that I'd prefer to see Mehmeti in there and see what he can do. 

Could even go full experiment and stick Conway behind Wiemann. (really don't think he'd do that) 

1 minute ago, Spud21 said:

Yea think TGH is a bit unlucky but yea think Knight and James feel like the best 2 to play in the deep role. Will be interesting to see where Wiemann ends up as I generally am not a fan of him in thst Am role, and agree with Harry that I'd prefer to see Mehmeti in there and see what he can do. 

Could even go full experiment and stick Conway behind Wiemann. (really don't think he'd do that) 

Think we saw at Cardiff that TGH can play with JK too.

Those 4 players returning from injury last week (Vyner, Naismith, Tanner and James) gives us so many more options…when you look at Cardiff, and that includes options off the bench to keep the intensity up.  The option to bring on Naismith, TGH, Cornick and Bell makes a huge difference.

1 minute ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

Think we saw at Cardiff that TGH can play with JK too.

Those 4 players returning from injury last week (Vyner, Naismith, Tanner and James) gives us so many more options…when you look at Cardiff, and that includes options off the bench to keep the intensity up.  The option to bring on Naismith, TGH, Cornick and Bell makes a huge difference.

Yea I think he can play there and will do a good job, and I think if he wants the 2 deep midfielders to be as industrious as the 2 at Oxford I think it's more likely you'd see TGH come in for James over time. 

Just now, Tre Bong said:

I think we will be seeing a lot more of Mehmeti this season.

Will be nice if he can get his confidence back as when he first cmae in he would consistently try and beat his man or run with the ball which just gradually seemed to ebb away, so hopefully a fresh start and Manning can get his confidence back.