IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers away match thread

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes I think the cup game was Massengo’s debut.

I was thinking of putting a bob or two on Mehmeti scoring, not just the new manager thing but I think Nige was beginning to look to him for a bigger role in the coming months.

Get your money on Cam Pring, got a feeling!

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Got a feeling we may get turned over. Looking at various media coverage it seems Manning is already trying to instil a more  possession based approach. I am concerned the players have had little time to adapt and may get caught up and found out  playing two systems.

The new QPR boss has a similar philosophy to Manning and wants to dominate possession so it will be interesting to see who comes out on top. City have the advantage of a better squad and QPR struggle to score so hopefully we'll get the points. If we win we'll have won more games at Loftus Road than Rangers this year!

Edited by ashton_fan
8 hours ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Got a feeling we may get turned over. Looking at various media coverage it seems Manning is already trying to instil a more  possession based approach. I am concerned the players have had little time to adapt and may get caught up and found out  playing two systems.

TBF Pearson had started bringing that in , made more difficult not being able to bring 4/5/6 players in ready for the first team and also having to integrate youngsters. 
I see manning's role to continue what Pearson has started, tweak a few things while moving them forward. I don't see it as massive change. There will be differences in how he wants us playing, but it's not like trying to go from 80's Wimbledon to Man City over night. 
If we do get noticeable changes, more likely to see them after the International break when he has some real time with the squad. 

Wondering whether we will see anything different today under Liam Manning bearing in mind that he has only spent two or three days with the players.  He may have had time to introduce a few new ideas like kick the ball towards their goal rather than your own and pass the ball to one of your own players rather than theirs, though that may be a bit much to ask in just a few days.

Brian Clough used to say that "Football is a simple game" and he didn't do too badly with Derby and Forest, did he (Leeds fans views may differ, of course). Just imagine Cloughie managing us to the top of the Prem and a Champions League victory bearing in mind that we are no different to what he took on at his two success stories.

50 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Wondering whether we will see anything different today under Liam Manning bearing in mind that he has only spent two or three days with the players.  He may have had time to introduce a few new ideas like kick the ball towards their goal rather than your own and pass the ball to one of your own players rather than theirs, though that may be a bit much to ask in just a few days.

Brian Clough used to say that "Football is a simple game" and he didn't do too badly with Derby and Forest, did he (Leeds fans views may differ, of course). Just imagine Cloughie managing us to the top of the Prem and a Champions League victory bearing in mind that we are no different to what he took on at his two success stories.

Maybe would should have given his son a try- he couldn't have been any worse than numerous previous incumbents!

• Like 2