IGNORED

Liam Manning first 5 games- hopes and expectations?

Mr Popodopolous

What kind of start does Manning need?  

252 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of start does Manning need..Pts wise

• 0-4
    • 5-8
    • 9 or above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/23 at 15:00

I haven’t voted but just to note that I think what he needs in view of the circumstances are at the very least a decent performance and not to lose at QPR, and the same against Middlesbrough. More than any appointment I can recall, the start for Liam is vital. 

Im not sure I see it as he needs x points from those 5 games. But I do think the first two games are huge.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That was oddly remiss of me EA, should I have put 0-5 and 6-10 then 10+?

Technically 0-5, 6-10 and >10 as on that distribution you’ve given 10 as an option twice

#pedantic

• Like 3

Frustrated though I am by the manager change, I'm not going to judge Manning purely on a points total but obviously it would be a big help for settling us all if he got points on the board. I think, from the perspective of keeping supporters onside and avoiding people getting skittish, he could do with 4 points from QPR and Boro and at least 2 or 3 points from Saints, Norwich and Huddersfield so I'm putting 5 - 8. 

What I want to see is whether he can keep the positives from Pearson - the work ethic, the difficulty in breaking us down, the comfort on the ball - and improve on the areas where we weren't quite there - which, for me, were decision making at both ends of the pitch plus our ability to create chances.

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

and improve on the areas where we weren't quite there - which, for me, were decision making at both ends of the pitch plus our ability to create chances.

That’s what I’m looking for too.

I’m hoping Manning can add something to Mehmeti’s game to make him flourish. There is something there.

And get Bell back to his best!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robinforlife2 said:

6 I think would be the minimum we should expect from those games. There's only one of those 5 I think we would struggle to get a result from, and that's Southampton away. 3 draws and a win, the minimum expectation from the other four. 

Are boro not on a rather good run at the moment? Won 5 of their last 6 or something? And we are hardly good at home so easily a game we could take nothing from. 

However I don't think 5/6 points is an unreasonable expectation. I will be happy with a few decent performances for the minute. 

6 minutes ago, Spud21 said:

Are boro not on a rather good run at the moment? Won 5 of their last 6 or something? And we are hardly good at home so easily a game we could take nothing from. 

However I don't think 5/6 points is an unreasonable expectation. I will be happy with a few decent performances for the minute. 

Lost to Stoke, drew with Plymouth. Had a terrible start but form has been good since. Perhaps a point there.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Lost to Stoke, drew with Plymouth. Had a terrible start but form has been good  since.

Ah new they lost to stoke, draw with Plymouth is not a bad result depending on the Plymouth that turned up, yea they have picked up and are now performing somewhere near where they would expected to be. 

Based on what the management of the club have stated they expect then we need to be taking 9-10 points from these games , I was expecting the Pearson team to take 7 points so we need to take more than that ore there was no point in the change, I voted for 10 as 9 wasn't an option 

4 minutes ago, Spud21 said:

Ah new they lost to stoke, draw with Plymouth is not a bad result depending on the Plymouth that turned up, yea they have picked up and are now performing somewhere near where they would expected to be. 

Next to us in the table...albeit our first 7 games were much better.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 minutes ago, Spud21 said:

Last two they lost to Stoke and drew with Argyle but prior to that they were on a 6 game win streak. Before the Stoke game their last defeat was in mid-September against Blackburn. Would be happy picking up any points on that one.

Think QPR and Huddersfield are the must wins here for sure and I'd argue in their current form Norwich should be as well, no wins in the last 6 and 5 losses (and we'll see if Wagner makes it until then).

• Like 1

Just now, RobinTuga said:

Last two they lost to Stoke and drew with Argyle but prior to that they were on a 6 game win streak. Before the Stoke game their last defeat was in mid-September against Blackburn. Would be happy picking up any points on that one.

Think QPR and Huddersfield are the must wins here for sure and I'd argue in their current form Norwich should be as well, no wins in the last 6 and 5 losses (and we'll see if Wagner makes it until then).

A point v Middlesbrough would be perfectly acceptable IMO. Maybe we lose.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

10 plus easily. They have an international break after this weekend, so they will head into the subsequent games without being deconditioned and having had lots of on-the-grass training. We have a top 6 squad, so will need 10 points from 5 games to reach that target. 

Its almost as if Jon Lansdown wrote this.

2 minutes ago, RobinTuga said:

Yea I am probably on the same page in thinking QPR and Hudds are the 2 thst we should be targeting wins from, yea I don't think Norwich will be in the same place as now in terms of manager so they are somewhat of an unknown. 

5 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

10 plus easily. They have an international break after this weekend, so they will head into the subsequent games without being deconditioned and having had lots of on-the-grass training. We have a top 6 squad, so will need 10 points from 5 games to reach that target. 

Hello Jon 

42 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

That’s what I’m looking for too.

I’m hoping Manning can add something to Mehmeti’s game to make him flourish. There is something there.

And get Bell back to his best!

As we know with most youngsters, consistency and form can go up and down. Sam Bell has had a few off games. Pearson would’ve got him back to his best. 

Im in the, “Manning needs to encouraging performances and circa 9pts” camp. 

Edited by Engvall’s Splinter