IGNORED

Chris Hogg on Sound of The City 6:15pm today (13/11/23)

Sleepy1968

17 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Seems a good guy

All very generic but I guess that's to be expected this early in proceedings

Not their fault they ain't Pearson and Fleming but yes the goalposts seem to have moved back down the table since they were appointed

Agreed with this post.

I will say backtracking will be seized upon by the fans IMO, especially if we fade into midtable obscurity, season over by February or March kinda thing or even worse a relegation battle.

Especially if we splash some cash in January. Open minded as to Manning and his team, only time will tell.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed with this post.

I will say backtracking will be seized upon by the fans IMO, especially if we fade into midtable obscurity, season over by February or March kinda thing or even worse a relegation battle.

Especially if we splash some cash in January. Open minded as to Manning and his team, only time will tell.

If we’re in a relegation battle come the spring it will be very toxic and I’d be surprised if they are still here at that point. Who knows though, could end up with things going the other way, but no one should forget what the Lansdown’s did, and how they did it. 

• Like 7
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, One Team said:

If we’re in a relegation battle come the spring it will be very toxic and I’d be surprised if they are still here at that point. Who knows though, could end up with things going the other way, but no one should forget what the Lansdown’s did, and how they did it. 

I'm hopeful we shouldn't be in a relegation battle, think we all are- NP has built a solid and improving Championship side. Midtable, fair wind very few injuries maybe a small tilt at the last play-off place but top 10 to top half, say 9th-12th could be a goal?

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm hopeful we shouldn't be in a relegation battle, think we all are- NP has built a solid and improving Championship side. Midtable, fair wind very few injuries maybe a small tilt at the last play-off place but top 10 to top half, say 9th-12th could be a goal?

I think you are right, although we should be pretty unhappy about that given what would’ve been done to achieve it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, One Team said:

I think you are right, although we should be pretty unhappy about that given what would’ve been done to achieve it. 

That would have been a hope under NP anyway, for me- and some more of the Scott money than he got, and  new deal etc.

I will say one good thing post Scott sale- extending Vyner, Pring and Bell to 2026.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Street red said:

We all will I'm sure they can't back track away from that now.

Do you trust them? We have a chairman who has no football experience at that level, a technical director who was sacked in League 1 as manager for nearly getting us relegated and someone who played one season at this level in one of the worst city teams of all time under Benny. Now a manager who has only ever led a team in League One. It’s a worry, I would say the way out of the division is very clear! Worrying. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Do you trust them? We have a chairman who has no football experience at that level, a technical director who was sacked in League 1 as manager for nearly getting us relegated and someone who played one season at this level in one of the worst city teams of all time under Benny. Now a manager who has only ever led a team in League One. It’s a worry, I would say the way out of the division is very clear! Worrying. 

Oh for goodness sake in reference to Tinnion, "sacked in League 1 as manager for nearly getting us relegated" - it was after 11 games he left.

He'd finished one point off the play offs in his first season and who knows might even have got us up with an experienced assistant rather than Millen at the insistence of Lansdown.

This isn't supporting the party line as we've been accused of on FBC this past week, it just stating the reality of what happened 18 years ago.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Oh for goodness sake in reference to Tinnion, "sacked in League 1 as manager for nearly getting us relegated" - it was after 11 games he left.

He'd finished one point off the play offs in his first season and who knows might even have got us up with an experienced assistant rather than Millen at the insistence of Lansdown.

This isn't supporting the party line as we've been accused of on FBC this past week, it just stating the reality of what happened 18 years ago.

Hang on..... don't forget the "magnificent seven" new signings. 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tinnion inished 7th, after two third placed finishes under Wilson who had come to the end of the road.

I've checked the Bristol City FC wage bill from 2003-04 to 2004-05..it barely moved downwards.

I can see some scary echos with the current situation. A shock departure for not meeting aims , followed by an even worse period of underachievement. All with Tinnion at the forefront.

Ps Headhunter, Tinnions football was crap

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I can see some scary echos with the current situation. A shock departure for not meeting aims , followed by an even worse period of underachievement. All with Tinnion at the forefront.

Ps Headhunter, Tinnions football was crap

Indeed, with Lansdown’s next appointment being an ex City player, and then the next an experienced manager in this division…. 

9 minutes ago, headhunter said:

7th with the backing received? Stewart, Bridges, Brooker, Heywood all big signings that summer, not to mention the other 3. We also had a squad who lost the play off final and good enough to go up, again like the move influenced to sack Wilson, it was to progress and it failed, terribly. Culminating in Dinning and Luton/Swansea away. What I am saying is lightening appears to strike twice and I didn’t like it either time! Nor should it have happened. I have lost a lot of faith over the past few months behind the scenes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Inheriting a side that had finished in 3rd place in consecutive seasons- whereas he failed to even make the playoffs.

Let’s not dress it up, he failed & when the following summer he ripped his squad up, his signings like Dave Partridge (!), Grant Smith & Michael Bridges were litter.

No one else ever employed him as a manager again.

Those are the facts.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Inheriting a side that had finished in 3rd place in consecutive seasons- whereas he failed to even make the playoffs.

Let’s not dress it up, he failed & when the following summer he ripped his squad up, his signings like Dave Partridge (!), Grant Smith & Michael Bridges were litter.

No one else ever employed him as a manager again.

Those are the facts.

Well said! Should never have been given this role in my view. We had a perfect DoF in NP who has created success at the highest level. What a mess up. But this is the issue, it’s a comfy club as NP once said, and we are reverting even more so back to this. A shame, a real shame. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Well said! Should never have been given this role in my view. We had a perfect DoF in NP who has created success at the highest level. What a mess up. 

Imagine that, Pearson into DOF* and Manning in as head coach. Totally different vibe amongst the fanbase and a much greater chance of success.

*Preferably after having this full season to attempt a play off push

Edited by cidercity1987
  • Like 7