IGNORED

SIGNED: Adam Murphy

Nugget

6 hours ago, Nugget said:

Wonder if that was one well avoided like Hoban etc or if we will be back in for him again / going to better things. Couldn’t find the original thread on him but it seems he very nearly joined from St Pats in Ireland 

Not sure why the deal broke down but BT was very keen on him apparently 

Whether it was the fee, personal terms or a medical issue is anyone’s guess but the club saw him as a potential Alex Scott Mk2 

I think he’s in his final year of his contract so maybe he will be a better option in January?

• Like 1

On 27/11/2023 at 20:41, INCRED said:

Not sure why the deal broke down but BT was very keen on him apparently 

Whether it was the fee, personal terms or a medical issue is anyone’s guess but the club saw him as a potential Alex Scott Mk2 

I think he’s in his final year of his contract so maybe he will be a better option in January?

This was from the time of his proposed transfer which mentions January could be an option;

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/possible-twist-proposed-transfer-st-30782234

As far as I can make out, his contract ended yesterday (Transfermarkt) ?

Edited by bcfc01

42 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

This was from the time of his proposed transfer which mentions January could be an option;

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/possible-twist-proposed-transfer-st-30782234

As far as I can make out, his contract ended yesterday (Transfermarkt) ?

Yes, most Irish league contract end yesterday as it’s a summer league calendar.

37 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Yes, but I'm not sure if he signed an extended contract with St. Pats.

Their manager was hopeful on that front.

Been nothing announced, but that’s not to say nothing’s happened either.

11 minutes ago, tin said:

Rightly or wrongly, I got the feeling Curtis Fleming was the one driving the interest in Adam Murphy and Sam Curtis. No idea if we retain that interest following CF’s departure. 

Tins was allegedly very keen.

9 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Blimey…..given the roll call of crocks who’ve passed our medical, I’m not sure I’d want to give this one another go 😀😀

When/if he would have had a medical he was coming back from a majory injury which required hamstring surgery and kept him out of the side for nearly the whole season. He's just completed a full season with St.Pats . Hope we revisit this potential signing.

A big coup if we get him now with bigger clubs interested. Depends if he wants a clear pathway to first team football or not. 

obviously liked what was said and what he saw before the medical scuppered the deal in the summer so you would like to think some assurances and commitments were agreed between both parties 

For me he is an Alex Scott clone and could become a very valuable asset if he progresses well and stays free of injuries 

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

A big coup if we get him now with bigger clubs interested. Depends if he wants a clear pathway to first team football or not. 

obviously liked what was said and what he saw before the medical scuppered the deal in the summer so you would like to think some assurances and commitments were agreed between both parties 

For me he is an Alex Scott clone and could become a very valuable asset if he progresses well and stays free of injuries 

Think the other thing is he isn’t really blocking the pathway of anyone here.  If we go down the compo route (assuming he didn’t extend contract) we are talking €240k, no add-ons, no nothing.

• Like 1