IGNORED

SIGNED: Adam Murphy

Nugget

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I won't ask where you got the info :thumbsup:

Really pleased with this signing, one for now and the future.

Well now my neighbour has moved house hopefully I can go back to posting what I like without people jumping to the obvious conclusion. :)

I never realised the pressure that being perceived as ITK brings with it! 🤣

FB_IMG_1703948425364.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well now my neighbour has moved house hopefully I can go back to posting what I like without people jumping to the obvious conclusion. :)

I never realised the pressure that being perceived as ITK brings with it! 🤣

FB_IMG_1703948425364.jpg

Big Raab nooooo, outgrown the bright lights of portishead for Leigh woods?

• Haha 2

FWIW I’m not a great lover of the highlight reel videos, because they only show you the flashy / good bits.  So if I can’t watch full 90s I tend to watch an unfiltered set of clips, so you get to see other stuff, the warts n all stuff, the out of possession stuff

My view of Murphy, notwithstanding the clips that @Port Said Red put up is that he looks smart, he looks like he understands the game, scans for danger, tracks his man.  He reminds me a bit of Liam Walsh (don’t laugh!) in some respects, although I see the abvious Scott comparisons in terms of dribbling.  Think he will need time to get the required level of fitness.

Reckon compo will be in region of €200k.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

FWIW I’m not a great lover of the highlight reel videos, because they only show you the flashy / good bits.  So if I can’t watch full 90s I tend to watch an unfiltered set of clips, so you get to see other stuff, the warts n all stuff, the out of possession stuff

My view of Murphy, notwithstanding the clips that @Port Said Red put up is that he looks smart, he looks like he understands the game, scans for danger, tracks his man.  He reminds me a bit of Liam Walsh (don’t laugh!) in some respects, although I see the abvious Scott comparisons in terms of dribbling.  Think he will need time to get the required level of fitness.

Reckon compo will be in region of €200k.

Definetly worth it in your opinion for that price? 

Sounds like one that has the tools but needs help putting everything together! 

6 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Definetly worth it in your opinion for that price? 

Sounds like one that has the tools but needs help putting everything together! 

As someone who thinks that Ireland should be a pond for us to fish, this lad seems to highly rated.

Heres a good interview:

for info not only is St Pat’s Curtis Fleming’s old team (and Paul McGrath), but Murphy came from Belvedere Juniors, which was also Fleming’s junior team.

From what I understand, Tins likes this lad a lot.  A few years back, City had Chris Forrester on trial, who currently plays with Murphy, who went to play 100+ games for Peterborough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Am I right in thinking European free agent players can be signed and pre-registered before January 1st ?

Only if they were a free agent at the time of prior transfer window as well AFAIK - or you’d just get Jon Stark, football mercenary, moving from club to club as contracts expired

IMG_2182.jpeg

Edited by Silvio Dante
Added in Jon Stark!
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am pretty sure thats what @Davefevs said was the standard compensation figure. It's a low risk punt at those figures isn't it?

FWIW it’s €60k pa for FIFA Band 2 from 15+ and €10k pa for ages 12-15 (regardless of Band).  He joined St Pats from Belvedere on 1st Jan 2020, so taking a simple calculation (because there is some wording around seasons in the FIFA rules) that’s 4 years at €60k (€240k) + 2 years (possibly 3) at €10k (€20k), making €260k total.

The FiFA calculator won’t allow me to put in 1.1.24 (assuming he were to transfer tomorrow).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

He’s currently playing for Bournemouth & got a brilliant assistant against Fulham!

Pretty criminal he’s not starting against spurs as well after that performance. I thought there would be a much larger bedding in period but he seems to have taken to the prem like a fish to water. 

1 hour ago, George Rs said:

Pretty criminal he’s not starting against spurs as well after that performance. I thought there would be a much larger bedding in period but he seems to have taken to the prem like a fish to water. 

I’m not surprised one bit.  Absolute quality player who in some ways was likely to be better with better players.

I just wanted one more season here, then he could’ve gone too 6 in one leap imho.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not surprised one bit.  Absolute quality player who in some ways was likely to be better with better players.

I just wanted one more season here, then he could’ve gone too 6 in one leap imho.

Always knew he had it in him, but for him to look the exact same playing against premier league midfielders to championship ones almost straight away was surprising! 

His second injury was really poor timing I feel, if he didn’t have that period out and played the way he has I would be pretty certain he’d make a top 6 move (or any club with European football) in the summer and would be an outside shout for the euros! 

Edited by George Rs

1 minute ago, George Rs said:

Always knew he had it in him, but for him to look the exact same playing against premier league midfielders to championship ones almost straight away was surprising! 

His second injury was really poor timing I feel, if he didn’t have that period out and played the way he has I would be pretty certain he’d make a top 6 move (or any club with European football) in the summer and would be an outside shout for the euros! 

Think Man City was a good benchmark.

• Like 3

Was wishful thinking on my part but a part of me thought, one more year here alongside Conway in particular but others such as I assume Bell similar timeframe, Benarous if not for the injuries, really hone and perfect his craft ie adding 5-10 goals perhaps and then go with everyone's well wishes unless we win the playoffs obvs.

21 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I am pretty sure thats what @Davefevs said was the standard compensation figure. It's a low risk punt at those figures isn't it?

Just plugged his data into the FIFA Compo Calculator:

image.thumb.png.17ab3d799cb79b26f65a213b4eac12c7.png

Assumes registration transferred today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5