IGNORED

SIGNED: Adam Murphy

Nugget

37 minutes ago, Leveller said:

But after that handful of appearances for Bournemouth, Danny Murphy has been singing Alex's praises on MOTD and The Athletic are already calling him Bournemouth's most naturally talented player. So I think they'll be qute happy.

Same with semenyo, getting a lot of praise and looks great and a huge part of what is currently a very well functioning team 

• Like 3

Welcome aboard Adam, we are all looking forward to watching you play.   And as long as you perform to a successful level................it will be no time at all till you will be off to the South Coast to join our  Senior team in Bournemouth? 🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Robbored said:

Ah! Good ol’ Dante’s Purgatorio.

OK OK......While you pseudo intellectuals revel and show off   your Latin references..............Let it be known that Adam only has that Tattoo as a tribute to his favourite Westlife single??

Something about players that cross the Irish Sea , particularly from ROI

I always feel , maybe just a hunch , and skewed memories (Not with us but across English football) they show genuine hunger and desire , (Knight And Sykes maintaining that feel 👏🏼) and always seem to fuel a bit more hope of a gem , than recruits from other areas

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Something about players that cross the Irish Sea , particularly from ROI

I always feel , maybe just a hunch , and skewed memories (Not with us but across English football) they show genuine hunger and desire , (Knight And Sykes maintaining that feel 👏🏼) and always seem to fuel a bit more hope of a gem , than recruits from other areas

I was just about to agree with you  wholeheartedly, and to compliment you on a very insightful observation?.................But than i suddenly remembered Callum O ' Doubtful ? 

• Like 1

I know we bid for Azaz but I don’t think that means we’ll sign the next creative midfielder on our list. Our next target could be a striker or winger. Azaz falling through could open up some opportunity for Murphy. He sounds intelligent and confident. I hope we can see some cameos from him over the next few weeks and get a proper look at him. 

38 minutes ago, maxjak said:

OK OK......While you pseudo intellectuals revel and show off   your Latin references..............Let it be known that Adam only has that Tattoo as a tribute to his favourite Westlife single??

Westlife?…………..:dunno:

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, East Londoner said:

Who was born near Oxford

He was born in Kiddlington and qualified due to his Irish roots through his Grandad who was born in sunny Dundalk?   Top of   the morning to ya.......ya pedant...Ha!

6 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Okies do when do we expect Mr Murphy in the first team?

I think he'll be seeing action in the u21s first at least to get up to speed. We're playing bournmouth at the hpc next Tuesday.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MrRedRobin said:

Good signing, hope he can get integrated into the first team squad in a few weeks, looks very talented.

He has been brought in for the academy first and foremost

13 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Okies do when do we expect Mr Murphy in the first team?

Not anytime soon, according to academy coaches

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

36 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I would hazard a guess that this particular signing won't help the first team at all or very minimal at best this year

Yeah my feelings too

Soo did our suits not suggest we had a good top six squad? Therefore would improving that squad not need oven ready players to improve that squad for the promotion push they inclined was their aim.

Just as I see it. And I appreciate I might of misunderstood the reasons for NP's sacking 

Edited by Rocking Red Cyril
I can't sepll
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have no clue about LoI but he certainly looks good. 

Not sure the kid would come here if he wasn’t thinking he will make a mark or two on the first team this season. 

My advice was there was a failed medical in the summer, however I’m not sure if that’s true. But he has had a year out already

I have my fingers firmly crossed for this boy, he has the look of an Alex Scott about him and Alex was playing in the combined counties three seasons ago. 

11 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Which academy coaches have commented ?

Well I'm hardly gonna name them, it isn't in the public domain, they were told at their weekly meeting that all 3 recent signings are for the academy

7 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I know we bid for Azaz but I don’t think that means we’ll sign the next creative midfielder on our list. Our next target could be a striker or winger. Azaz falling through could open up some opportunity for Murphy. He sounds intelligent and confident. I hope we can see some cameos from him over the next few weeks and get a proper look at him. 

When did we bid for Azaz that’s seems to have past me by that one 

46 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I have no clue about LoI but he certainly looks good. 

Not sure the kid would come here if he wasn’t thinking he will make a mark or two on the first team this season. 

My advice was there was a failed medical in the summer, however I’m not sure if that’s true. But he has had a year out already

I have my fingers firmly crossed for this boy, he has the look of an Alex Scott about him and Alex was playing in the combined counties three seasons ago. 

It is. We were ready to sign him and he was ready to sign, but doubts were raised by the medical team at the time. The fact that he has since played a season for a men's team in Ireland and has no passed a medical with the current medical team, proves those fears were unfounded.

36 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Well I'm hardly gonna name them, it isn't in the public domain, they were told at their weekly meeting that all 3 recent signings are for the academy

It seems strange that they have made so much more fuss about him than the other two who are clearly Academy signings. I would have thought it was more likely that he will be playing Academy football for fitness but training with the first team.