IGNORED

SIGNED: Adam Murphy

Nugget

23 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Nice to see a bit of Latin on his tattoos -"Alice Grave Nil " is on his left forearm which translates as:

"Nothing is heavy to those with wings"

Let's hope Adam is 'per volar sunata'.

Ah! Good ol’ Dante’s Purgatorio.

4 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

50p he plays more games for us than any of the youngsters picked "just to sit on the bench to cover our embarrassment" in the last 12 months or so.

Not another Scott obvs. But brings similar attributes we desperately lack and which are desperately required if this Manningball thing is to succeed.

Our midfield at the moment is the diametric opposite of what a coach like Manning requires. This lad addresses that deficit i would say. In time.

How much time? Well, betcha he'll play before season's end, seeing as we're going nowhere - another 50p on it. We're the last of the big spenders!

You be careful now. Throwing all these 50p’s around like confetti 🤑

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Nice to see a bit of Latin on his tattoos -"Alice Grave Nil " is on his left forearm which translates as:

"Nothing is heavy to those with wings"

Let's hope Adam is 'per volar sunata'.

"Alice, Alice who the **** is Alice?"

Mind you, it's always good to keep a clean sheet!

Edited by downendcity
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 95red said:

We are bargain basement  signing hoping for a gem,then sell, been seeing it for 50yrs now  ,starting to wear  thin.

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

No problem with Murphy and the others provided we bring in some more here and now, who may well improve us.

Agree, nothing against the lad but not the exp midfield general I hoped for and we need now, a def sell on candidate not to boost us up this div this season. One for the future....again

1 hour ago, mason said:

Agree, nothing against the lad but not the exp midfield general I hoped for and we need now, a def sell on candidate not to boost us up this div this season. One for the future....again

I’m sick to death of this one for the future business , Marvin brown , Dominic Barclay , tristian Plummer , need I go on 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, redkev said:

I’m sick to death of this one for the future business , Marvin brown , Dominic Barclay , tristian Plummer , need I go on 

Do you remember that one piece of footage of Tristian Plummer rolling the ball across his shoulders? We were all proclaiming that he was going to be the next Messi from that one clip! 😂

58 minutes ago, redkev said:

Barclay, Brown and  Plummer are between 14-20 years ago!!

'One's for the future' also included Vyner, Bell, Conway, Tanner and Pring in our current team and also Scott & Semenyo. Need I go on?

But if signing one of Ireland's leading emerging young talents who is likely to be be knocking on the first team door before very long makes you sick to death then at least it's a consistent narrative.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

'One's for the future' also included Vyner, Bell, Conway, Tanner and Pring in our current team and also Scott & Semenyo. Need I go on?

But if signing one of Ireland's leading emerging young talents who is likely to be be knocking on the first team door before very long makes you sick to death then at least it's a consistent narrative.

I think they were being sarcastic and making exactly the same point you are making in your second paragraph

45 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

Hate to say it but I think that’s the attacking midfielder position sorted out?!

Bearing in mind the deal for Azaz fell through, and Tins (via X - yes I do believe it’s not a fake) said onto the next….i still expect us to be trying to get another of Azaz’s type in.

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bearing in mind the deal for Azaz fell through, and Tins (via X - yes I do believe it’s not a fake) said onto the next….i still expect us to be trying to get another of Azaz’s type in.

And after failing to hook the fish we were after, it's "on to the next" which turns me apprehensive 😬

4 hours ago, mason said:

Considering we were prepared to spend 2.5 mill on Azaz suggests to me that we’re in the market for players to improve us now

3 hours ago, redkev said:

This has been in the pipeline since the summer, he decided to stick it out at his club so as a result we got him cheaper. We’ve had future signings not go to plan but we’ve also had some that have gone to plan, I personally don’t see too many downsides to this signing

• Like 2

I’m not saying it about this one player just hopefully he is the one for the future there has just been so many false dawns with the same rhetoric said , 

Bournemouth hope he’s the right one aswell

20 minutes ago, redkev said:

I’m not saying it about this one player just hopefully he is the one for the future there has just been so many false dawns with the same rhetoric said , 

Bournemouth hope he’s the right one aswell

In previous decades there were many overly hyped youth players but that has changed massively and the fact that BCFC field more players from the youth system/academy than most teams in Europe is testament to this.

As far as Bournemouth go- Alex has played in 6 out of 19 Prem matches due to ongoing injury issues whilst Semenyo is in and out playing 28 matches since he left BCFC scoring 4 goals at a combined cost of £30 million so I'm not sure if if they'll be reaching for their chequebook any time soon.

15 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

His body size wouldn’t have changed in a month - but yeah, hope he’s near the first team sooner than later.

It clearly can! I'm twice the size I was before Christmas! 😉

ETA - seems a couple of others had the same issue. 

Edited by Hamdon Mart
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

No problem with Murphy and the others provided we bring in some more here and now, who may well improve us.

Agreed but would like to know who is out there doing the scouting as we dont have the best of records do we. Hopefully not our CEO in waiting as he needs to brush up on "office skills" for a top table job.

Like all across the club our network of scouts has needed a revamp so hope that is happening.

Fingers crossed with Mr Murphy 🤞

• Like 1

In previous decades there were many overly hyped youth players but that has changed massively and the fact that BCFC field more players from the youth system/academy than most teams in Europe is testament to this.

As far as Bournemouth go- Alex has played in 6 out of 19 Prem matches due to ongoing injury issues whilst Semenyo is in and out playing 28 matches since he left BCFC scoring 4 goals at a combined cost of £30 million so I'm not sure if if they'll be reaching for their chequebook any time soon.

But after that handful of appearances for Bournemouth, Danny Murphy has been singing Alex's praises on MOTD and The Athletic are already calling him Bournemouth's most naturally talented player. So I think they'll be qute happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1