IGNORED

SIGNED: Adam Murphy

Nugget

On 31/12/2023 at 17:49, petehinton said:

Yeah there was a running joke on here that it was either him or Tommy given how news of his injury broke on here 😅😅😅

To be fair ….bcfcshags wasn’t a bad player, but played in a different position to Alex Scott 😉

Always remember he got sent off against the team I played for 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

We are very fortunate to land this lad, going to be a very exciting prospect for us as long as he steers clear of injuries 

Can’t wait for them to announce tomorrow his head has fallen off in training and he is out for the season. Standard City 

• Haha 10

Just now, Andy082005 said:

Big, big step up for the lad . Not so sure he is going to feature that much in the short term 

Please see Alex Scott for reference!

Not saying this kid is anywhere near ready, but Scott burst on the scene at 17 so I guess we will see.

As the season enters the second half, relegation is unlikely, play offs a long shot. Great opportunity to give him so chances.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Big, big step up for the lad . Not so sure he is going to feature that much in the short term 

He’s going to have to earn a place and that means performing at U21 level and progressing the same as the rest of the younger players 

If he is half as good as what those in the industry are saying then he won’t be waiting in the wings for long 

• Like 2

I imagine he'll be with the first team squad , but he'll be a way off being on the bench just yet.
Be good if he gets some U21 games so we can see him in action first.

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Please see Alex Scott for reference!

Not saying this kid is anywhere near ready, but Scott burst on the scene at 17 so I guess we will see.

Love your optimism and I do hope we could see him impress quickly.

19 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

To be fair ….bcfcshags wasn’t a bad player, but played in a different position to Alex Scott 😉

Always remember he got sent off against the team I played for 

I’ve heard he’s ran off scared to the other ITK brothers as the first bit of intel I’ve ever had correct in my near 30 years on the planet has come off. 2024 what a year. We are going up!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I’ve heard he’s ran off scared to the other ITK brothers as the first bit of intel I’ve ever had correct in my near 30 years on the planet has come off. 2024 what a year. We are going up!

For some reason I always pictured you as being in your 60s.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Cant be any worse than the other 17/18 year olds sat on our bench not getting a game. Chuck him on the bench for West Ham i say and lets see. 

Firstly I’m not sure he’s been registered in time.

Secondly I believe his last game was in October.

Lastly you have no idea how he compares to those currently on the bench.

I expect him to be involved in the match day squad within the next month or so but definitely for the experience rather than expecting him to be another Scott.

36 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Yea definitely. Just the announcement feels like a first team signing. Not saying he won’t play some u21 games to start though I think he’ll be involved Sunday. Just think he’s been signed to play and get chances to play not develop slowly(like u21 for the rest of the season).  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I expect him to be involved in the match day squad within the next month or so but definitely for the experience rather than expecting him to be another Scott.

50p he plays more games for us than any of the youngsters picked "just to sit on the bench to cover our embarrassment" in the last 12 months or so.

Not another Scott obvs. But brings similar attributes we desperately lack and which are desperately required if this Manningball thing is to succeed.

Our midfield at the moment is the diametric opposite of what a coach like Manning requires. This lad addresses that deficit i would say. In time.

How much time? Well, betcha he'll play before season's end, seeing as we're going nowhere - another 50p on it. We're the last of the big spenders!

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Should be fine on that front as long as there's no complications and the International Transfer Certificate is promptly sorted:

• "the Registration Deadline means 12 noon on the Friday immediately preceding the default date for a specific round of the Competition"
  • "the Club must obtain confirmation from The Association that the application to register the Player has been approved (and any such confirmation must be received by the Club at least 75 minutes before the scheduled kick-off of the Competition Match)"
  • "where the Player’s registration with the Club requires an ITC, the Club must obtain confirmation from The Association that the ITC has been received (and any such confirmation must be received at least 75 minutes before the scheduled kick-off of the Competition Match)"

14 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

This one is getting a slightly different level of treatment including a signing interview...

Seems like a very confident lad and a good sense of humour. For an eighteen year old he speaks very well and certainly has high ambitions 

I think he will fit in very well 

• Like 1

The opportunity being given to young players over the last few years could turn out to be massive for us, young players are starting to city as a real pathway in to 1st team men's football and maybe on to bigger clubs, which will see us getting the cream of players instead of loosing out like we have done for years

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Who said he was a Scott? 

He looks a very arrogant type in his interview which i think is great. Sort of player that a bit of arrogance will show in his play. 

Whether he is eligible or not for West Ham, i’d expect him as one of 9 subs immediately at Preston. 

Doesnt have to be ‘fit’ to get 20 mins here and there. 

• Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Doesnt have to be ‘fit’ to get 20 mins here and there. 

I think you'd be surprised. He hasn't played since October and that was at a much lower standard, the game will be a lot faster in the Championship so that match fitness and sharpness is unlikely be there.