IGNORED

Norwich City home match thread

Immediate thoughts….

A very poor game of football

Two poor sides

Again, our second half performance was inept

We made mistakes throughout the game, unable to execute a simple pass

Consistently the man on the ball had no options and certainly no forward or creative options

Jason Knight looked a cut above the rest of our team

Without wishing to single out players, Weimann, Bell and Sykes certainly had off days

It was back to very pedestrian, safe, passive football from us with the ball going square and backwards most of the time

Frustrating and fragmented performance from Bristol City

Insult was added to injury by two lapses of defending Tanner, sticking a foot out for the OG and Vyner getting caught at the death

Very hard to take many positives from that game, other than perhaps Jason Knight’s performance

If our hierarchy, still believe that we should be competing at the top of the league, they need serious help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Yeah, turn on the manager and the players, lads. That's definitely where the problem is...

It is the last 2 games, that’s for sure. Pearson would’ve been hanged for todays subs and second half performance. I cannot for the life of me understand any of them, and they absolutely contributed to us losing. 

I’d love to know what’s he’s said at HT in every game so far. Because the total inability to resemble a football team from minutes 45-75 under him so far is really concerning. 

• Like 14
  • Flames 1
Just now, harvey54 said:

Do yourselves a favour. Have a fiver on us going down because there's more chance of that than top six. Utter bollox from the owners to replace Nige when they did. They don't deserve anything less than failure 

We did a lot right today and against S'ton, but their ****ing Keepers had great games, and we make mistakes, Football is a *** in the *** *** sometimes

• Haha 1
Just now, Jerseybean said:

Immediate thoughts….

A very poor game of football

Two poor sides

Again, our second half performance was inept

We made mistakes throughout the game, unable to execute a simple pass

Consistently the man on the ball had no options and certainly no forward or creative options

Jason Knight looked a cut above the rest of our team

Without wishing to single out players, Weimann, Bell and Sykes certainly had off days

It was back to very pedestrian, safe, passive football from us with the ball going square and backwards most of the time

Frustrating and fragmented performance from Bristol City

Insult was added to injury by two lapses of defending Tanner, sticking a foot out for the OG and Vyner getting caught at the death

Very hard to take many positives from that game, other than perhaps Jason Knight’s performance

If our hierarchy, still believe that we should be competing at the top of the league, they need serious help.

Very fair assessment. We aren't exciting to watch.

• Like 1

Reminiscent of LJ’s passing it around the back line all day long running the clock down whilst allowing Norwich to get men behind the ball and then we just pass it round looking for a tight gap. 

You’ve got to attack at pace and create opportunities, not pass pass pass pass ******* pass at pedestrian speed.

Look how route one Norwich’s winner was. No-one back apart from Vyner….******* simple.

You can pass all ******* day but goals are the only thing that wins games. 

1000 useless ******* passes and we lose 2-1. Sleepwalking football.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 5
Just now, Ivorguy said:

Oh dear.  So dreadful and now little hope for fans

’We are doomed, I tell you doomed’

Can anyone see us making play offs,  cause I certainly can’t.  If a new manager can’t force a draw at home against a poor side, what does that tell us?

What we already know, that the people running the club, not the Manager, are idiots.

• Like 6
  • Robin 1
Just now, petehinton said:

It is the last 2 games, that’s for sure. Pearson would’ve been hanged for todays subs and second half performance. I cannot for the life of me understand any of them, and they absolutely contributed to us losing. 

I’d love to know what’s he’s said at HT in every game so far. Because the total inability to resemble a football team from minutes 45-75 under him so far is really concerning. 

I made that exact point on the thread “More Questions Than Answers” on Wednesday and got a lot of laughing emojis for it. There is a question mark over Mannings ability to alter things when the other team changes things, or when his team a la MK Dons are performing badly. Thats not criticism- it’s a totally valid question that is becoming more valid week by week

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Misjudged the bounce and had a striker alongside him that gambled and got it right. Goes under the category of stuff happens, he’s played well until that point.

Yeah he was decent until then but it is a glaring error that's cost us a point.

Edited by DaveF
Just now, Northern Red said:

Yeah, turn on the manager and the players, lads. That's definitely where the problem is...

No the problem is the owners! Letting a Del Boy CEO sell the club down the river and as a consquence having to sell our best players. Blaming that on a good manager who had lot's of injuries and not allowed to replace the stars that were sold, sacking him and then convincing a coach who had a team going for promotion in L1 that the remainding players are top 6 quality. A bunch of no hopers running this club and will never ever get City into the top six.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

It’s just typical City. Need a result and produce that. Conway cost us again. Vyner making the same old mistakes. Sykes played out of position. Get West Hak out the way for a decent day out and I’ll be glad when the season finishes. 

This the improvement you wanted JL and Co? 

• Like 1

Do the board even see us as a club capable of making playoffs? They obviously just said that to get rid of Nige and as they have to say that to try and keep fans appeased (even thought it has backfired massively as their lack of transparency is not lost on any supporter).

This season is gone now with the injuries and squad we have IMO. If we go into next season with the same transfer policy then it will be mortifying.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Midred said:

What happens when we play a side on a poor run!

Unlucky to lose today but our attacking play in 2nd half against Southampton and Norwich City  today was non existent. There was never a moment in that second half when I thought City might score. I am really concerned by the way we are playing. Too many safe or poor passes, backwards or sideways without any threat. LM seems to want procession with no idea of what we are going to with the procession and the more procession at slow pace we have the less chance we have of scoring a goal in transition. Very worried by what I have seen of his coaching so far, and hope he can turn it around

• Like 1

I would argue we look more comfortable with the ball at our feet in our own half and the middle of the park so far under manning. 

But either way, we are utterly toothless going forward, I love both Belly and Conway but neither are good enough at the moment to start every week. Weimman is quite clearly past his best football for us. Has had some brilliant spells but in reality they are over now.

As much as people will want to mob over Vyner, we would’ve conceded much earlier if not for his very good covering when Dickie got done for pace by Idah, and watching the goal back you can see the curve on the ball taking it out his path was very unfortunate. If we had utilised our possession more effectively it wouldn’t have mattered. 

TGH and Knight both shone again and I thought Dickie didn’t really do anything wrong either. Sykes shouldn’t play on the left. Personally think at the moment Tanner, Bell, Conway, Weimann and O’Leary all just aren’t good enough. The first three all very much have potential to be, but shouldn’t have to be relied upon consistently. 

That typical and quite frankly dull midtable performance is what you get when you sell your star quality without replacing them. Can’t tell if it’s arrogance of the board or just plain old lack of care. Do better. (That is towards the board not the players or LM) 

Edited by George Rs
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Laughable.  

Did the Norwich players stop playing? 

Did the Norwich players back out of challenges?

They hold some responsibility.

Edited: for clarity...players / manager are responsible....Board are accountable.

Edited by MelksRed
  • Confused 1