IGNORED

Manning's post match interview...

spudski

He is absolutely spot on put aside the pearson love fest this club has a rotten culture of under performing and sheer mediocrity I would argue its the lansdowns that need changing for this to ever improve but as a club we are by no means ever great or even widely acknowledged as being a good club the football is a painful year in year out.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 2

36 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Has said similar with the post too about us “having a history of starting halves slowly” - we don’t. Not this season anyway.

Oh but we do have a history of slow starts to halves to be fair...

Since Manning took charge anyway.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1

It’s laughable. No mention of mindset and culture needing to change when Pearson was fired. It was all about the next manager tinkering and firing us up that league😂. Now it all needs ripping up and changing? If we’re going down that route how does he explain Vyner going from a Rolls Royce to a Trabant in the four games he’s been here? Can’t have your cake and eat it lad. Disappointing interview that is.

• Like 10

Just now, BCFC31 said:

He is absolutely spot on put aside the pearson love fest this club has a rotten culture of under performing and sheer mediocrity I would argue its the lansdowns that need changing for this to ever improve but as a club we are by no means ever great or even widely acknowledged as being a good club the football is a painful year in year out.

He's implying that the players don't have belief and that the culture is wrong. 

I seriously disagree with that assumption. Nige spoke often of the collective culture he had developed within the team...a one for all. 

For Manning to suggest otherwise is bollox imo. 

The players maybe keen to learn and are open to his coaching. 

The bottom line is...are those players capable of playing to a winning standard by his terms?

He also mention 4 points against ' bigger teams in the division' as if that warrants applauding. 

The majority of teams in this division are bigger than us. If 4 points is seen as passable, then overall that's relegation fodder. 

Hypocrisy. We are a top 6 side...apparently...but make an excuse of 4 points against bigger sides than us over 3 games. 

I'm starting to see the mantra. 

He maybe a good coach...but his interviews are premeditated coaches waffle. 

• Like 9
  • Flames 3
  • Facepalm 1

I have a bad feeling about this appointment, but many of the reasons are nothing to do with Manning himself particularly.

I feel he reminds the fan base very much of LJ already. And as such he’s starting with a massive barrier to overcome already. Let alone anything to do with NP’s departure. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

He is absolutely spot on put aside the pearson love fest this club had a rotten culture of under performing and sheer mediocrity I would argue its the lansdowns that need changing for this to ever improve but as a club we are by no means ever great or even widely acknowledged as being a good club the football is a painful year in year out.

Pearson spent his time and all his energy trying to change that loser’s mentality. He appeared to have done it when … well we all know what happened. 
I agree the Lansdown clan need to take a long hard look at what they want for the club. I don’t think it matches the ambitions of the supporters . 
Manning needs time and I hope that the job isn’t too big for him but he needs to be careful not to destroy the good things that Pearson and his team installed.

• Like 13
  • Robin 1

Classic newly appointed manager mistake - in whatever field, ie comes in with his own plan, abandons previous plan, and wonders why the staff/players can’t adapt.  Man management skills appear not to be finely honed.  The terrible question going thro my mind is ‘ is he out of his comfort zone’.

The comment about ‘culture’ in relation to the players rather makes my point for me.  There was nothing wrong with Nige’s man management abilities nor the culture he established, see for example Scott’s view of him.

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

We were shite before The Lansdowns with crap ground. We are now shite with a decent ground. I agree the culture at Bristol City FC and Bristol In general is of utter failure and mediocrity. However Pearson fought that which led to the Lansdowns hating him 

26 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Yeah, thought the same. Has said similar with the post too about us “having a history of starting halves slowly” - we don’t. Not this season anyway.  Hopefully not a sign of how he is after losses, because I think he’s spoken well with the media thus far.

Also went straight down the tunnel at FT, after lapping up the crowd on the pitch after we beat Boro. Cannot stand managers that do that, can’t have it both ways. 

We start halves slowly with him in charge. There is an obvious reason. His me to you to you to me football is slow. So starting slowly is ******* inbuilt!

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Oh but we do have a history of slow starts to halves

Since Manning took charge anyway.

NAIL CLATTERED ON THE HEAD!

20 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s laughable. No mention of mindset and culture needing to change when Pearson was fired. It was all about the next manager tinkering and firing us up that league😂. Now it all needs ripping up and changing? If we’re going down that route how does he explain Vyner going from a Rolls Royce to a Trabant in the four games he’s been here? Can’t have your cake and eat it lad. Disappointing interview that is.

Yep. It is laughable. ******* LJ again. ****. 

As old eastender says below. The one ridiculously obvious question not asked by a pleb interviewer. 

20 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Wish the interviewer had asked if Sykes was substituted because he had a knock, he makes a huge positive difference for us in terms of our goal threat and we certainly missed him once he was subbed.

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1

On 25/11/2023 at 20:14, redsquirrel said:

fair play to LM on that first game at home. i didnt think we stood much chance of a draw,let alone a win. massive monkey off his back

Think it’s worrying that in the kerfuffle of the changes, we seem to have completely lost a role: manager. Fleming/Euell coaching, replaced by Manning/Hogg, coaching. May well turn out (or may not) that the latter pair are better coaches, but not convinced that the man management/motivation is showing obvious signs of being a strength. Hopefully coaching will lead to winning, so culture becomes more self fulfilling, but think what NP instilled off the grass, was critical to a small squad without an array of top notch players, holding their own on it.  

• Like 3

I posted not long after he joined that Liams style in interviews wouldn’t be a plus. It’s pretty much monotonous and not engaging (ironically by all accounts he was far better at the fans forum), and in a situation where he needs every advantage he can to get the fans on side, it’s unfortunate. However, if you’re winning games and/or playing well, it wouldn’t matter.

But we’re not. It’s turgid. And it’s poor football primarily. For Liam to throw in a piece around “culture” and to stomp down the tunnel tells me that he knows he’s under more pressure than a man who has played 4 games should reasonably be. But that’s the scenario. 

The first question is total bullshit, however. Framing it as a game we should have had three points from is nonsense, and Liam claiming we’d have taken 4 points from 3 games is also ridiculous.

I don’t care about interview style. But take some sodding responsibility and have some realism.

• Like 14
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Think it’s worrying that in the kerfuffle of the changes, we seem to have completely lost a role: manager. Fleming/Euell coaching, replaced by Manning/Hogg, coaching. May well turn out (or may not) that the latter pair are better coaches, but not convinced that the man management/motivation is showing obvious signs of being a strength. Hopefully coaching will lead to winning, so culture becomes more self fulfilling, but think what NP instilled off the grass, was critical to a small squad without an array of top notch players, holding their own on it.  

Yup. Posted similar the other day. He’s no doubt and by all accounts a good coach. Jury definitely out on if he’s a good manager.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, spudski said:

...' It's a mindset and Culture that needs to be changed'...regarding winning. 

WTF...seriously? 

So Nige hadn't installed that? **** off.

I know lots of people like his talk...but I'm find him just waffling coaching spiel when asked questions. 

Doesn't take time to think of answers...it's all embedded. 

Over time he's gonna come out worse than LJ for it imo. 

I don't mind his football...but he's already grating on me in interviews. 

You are just bitter that Pearson has gone and you will never like anything that  Manning says or does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 3
  • Facepalm 15

WTF...seriously? 

I know lots of people like his talk...but I'm find him just waffling coaching spiel when asked questions. 

Oh dear. 

I do wish he hadn’t come out with that cod shit. Whatever you think of the football at times one thing Nige did superbly was create a positive culture through his man management.

This comment is absolute rubbish and really won’t land well with many. 

I was starting to warm to him a bit at the Hen and Chicken forum as well! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WTF...seriously? 

Blokes only ever won “League One Manager of the month awards”. He’s about as much an expert on winning as JL is on elite sports conditioning and fitness.

What a pair. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

@Silvio Dante just clear evidence that inside 4 games the narrative for the change is being shifted.

Honestly says “4 points from 3 games against 3 strong sides would be good”. I have news for you mate, this is the Championship, it’s like this every week, the next 3 won’t be any easier.

The “culture” stuff was absolute nonsense too, even those on here who criticised Pearson would accept we batted 99 times out of 100.

What we missed then (especially after selling Scott) is quality & we miss it now.

This sort of patronising nonsense won’t wash & no surprise that Dave Barton’s questions were abysmal, as usual.

Great post Graham. 👏

• Thanks 3