IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

I cant beileve he has put sykes at left back that's madness and weimann who's completely out of form at right wing which isn't even his best position conway up top alone again seems a very underwhelming line up this will certainly be interesting

Has he ?

I'm not sure and LM didn't give anything away in his pre-match interview just now.

Bit of a mystery atm.

3 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

You're not going to change your entire game plan, but you're definitely going to look at the positions line up. And you're definitely going to give a team talk before the start of the game. It probably makes very little difference them not knowing, but it might confuse a little and there is no benefit to us giving that info before the game starts. 

WeQ4n6vYxXkKu37H3R4rAKg2MCqfuf5QX0Gx2SrV

• Flames 1
5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Manning said he wants legs and energy so he’s made tweaks to increase energy and a bit of a tactical change as well. No injuries 

I know Pring hasn't been great lately, but he certainly brings pace and running, and balance . We shall see.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Interesting to say the least, if we were to lose today Mannings not done himself any favours 

Totally agree , I’m a great advocate for moving on , but fair play to manning he certainly isn’t playing it safe with his tactics / team selections so far , well and truly putting himself up there to be shot at 

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Could well be this

Max

Tanner. Dickie. Vyner

Weimann. James. Williams. Sykes

Bell.  Conway.   Knight. 

or knight behind two strikers 

Yes knight behind strikers makes more sense. But is Pring not fully fit or LM making a statement on his form. 

To me it shows that the squad just cannot cover injured players positions . And this 'Top six squad' quoted from our owners is total bollocks 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

One thing to pick up from his pre-match interview, he said Huddersfield don’t give us a lot of shots.  I hope he’s just saying typical manager crap, because:

IMG_9226.thumb.jpeg.8d9f70bd6b400df1301e454940f4a0e7.jpeg
They’ve given up 20 per game in recent games!!!

I’m not a fan of that kind BS.  By all means say they’ve not conceded many goals, but don’t fob us off!

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

As I said above, LJ all over again

On RB he said something along the lines of it being tactical. 

Whatever happened to playing your best players and playing to your strengths and giving the opposition something to worry about? Rather than making bizarre tactical tweaks to counter the opposition? 

What will happen is theyll suss out whatever we've done pretty quickly and then we won't have a plan be. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I know Pring hasn't been great lately, but he certainly brings pace and running, and balance . We shall see.

I'm pretty sure its down to rotation given the schedule of games coming up.

I'd expect TGH and Pring to come on 60 mins or so, and the reverse maybe at Blackburn.

Its a bit of a hazard having only one left back.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

I cant beileve he has put sykes at left back that's madness and weimann who's completely out of form at right wing which isn't even his best position conway up top alone again seems a very underwhelming line up this will certainly be interesting

Yeah having Pring on the bench to play a right forward as left back is madness in itself, but having Weimann in to create that movement is bat shit crazy.  
I was just listening to Naismith talk and he said he'll play wherever the manager wants him to play and that Manning see's him primarily as a left-sided center back but he seemed pretty uninspired by this. I'm guessing Manning doesn't look or listen to what position the players think they're best in, comes in and makes his own assessment and sticks to that. I can't see how Manning keeps his job if he does these weird selections and they don't work out, it just adds fuel to the fire when fans start calling for his head. I know we're nowhere near that situation atm but we've got Manning after having a manager who took players and got them into positions and systems that benefitted them, not forced players into positions that don't suit them to suit the system.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

On RB he said something along the lines of it being tactical. 

Whatever happened to playing your best players and playing to your strengths and giving the opposition something to worry about? Rather than making bizarre tactical tweaks to counter the opposition? 

What will happen is theyll suss out whatever we've done pretty quickly and then we won't have a plan be. 

This was the biggest downfall with lee Johnson.

1 minute ago, Better Red said:

If Skye’s does play LWB and Wiemann as RWB as predicted and we don’t score and lose I am already nailing my flag to the ‘move him on’ brigade.

Skye’s has been our best player and most effective forward player all season.

To play him left LWB is just stupid that alone is sackable to me. 

Why?

The Sykes the limit you could say 

Just now, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes knight behind strikers makes more sense. But is Pring not fully fit or LM making a statement on his form. 

To me it shows that the squad just cannot cover injured players positions . And this 'Top six squad' quoted from our owners is total bollocks 

Think this is spot on. Love Pring, but hasn't been his best and in an ideal world you'd have Roberts either come in or at least be pushing Pring in training. With the injuries we don't really have the players to cover + rest when needed.

Despite my previous comments in this thread I do find the lineup surprising overall and it's certainly not the team I would pick, I just think there is no point over speculating why the changes were made until we see how we actually line up and perform. It's certainly a gutsy call and one that could lead to criticism or praise.