Huddersfield Town away match thread

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Yep.  Sykes RWB. 

Max

Tanner. Vyner. Dickie

Sykes. James. Williams. Bell 

Knight.   Weimann 

Conway 

The best part of this line up is putting Vyner in the middle, he roams too much on the left or right of a back 3, with him in the middle he tends to hold his position better.

Decent first 10 minutes. 

I've never quite understood what the definition "front foot football" is - but I think this might be what it's supposed to look like? Maybe?

As an aside, it is kind of odd that RobinsTV can't be given the actual formation we're going to play. It would avoid some of the can't on here in the build up. For a club that wants to control the narrative they do make some odd decisions.

Edited by ExiledAjax

One thing we're doing that we didn't do under Pearson which I'm loving, diagonal low balls into the box with players running behind the backline. We've played around 3-4 so far in the first ten minutes and it's causing real problems for Huddersfield. If we can keep that in our game and mix it up with some direct low passes into the middle as well I think we could create much better chances regularly.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

One thing we're doing that we didn't do under Pearson which I'm loving, diagonal low balls into the box with players running behind the backline. We've played around 3-4 so far in the first ten minutes and it's causing real problems for Huddersfield. If we can keep that in our game and mix it up with some direct low passes into the middle as well I think we could create much better chances regularly.

Was just about to write the same - the quick through balls are working well. Unfortunately we don't seem to be the best at scoring from crosses. 

The longer this game goes on the more it makes me concerned that we're going to play nice football and lose games regularly. We look better going forward but can't take chances and the going forward is coming at the cost of us looking a little more shaky at the back at times. A good team will take their chances against us, we need to take our chances if we want to play this kind of football.