IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

Just now, Robbored said:

What’s random about an entirely predictable line up?

I'll tell you what, there's a few on here who wouldn't have Nige that would have been raging at that lineup today. What is predictable about an all right-footed player line-up? We might smash Huddersfield to smithereens, I really hope we do, but I don't see how that line up is predictable and as nobody else predicted it...........!!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jose said:

STOP PLAYING SYKES OUT OF POSITION. 

I don’t get it. I like Williams but free flowing he isn’t. 

Very strange and a tad depressing. 

I suspect you are right about Sykes LB - although we don't know for sure, Bell had a few games as Wing back when first breaking through. Also, it's difficult to know who else to play there. Sykes is versatile and is good 1v1 in defense. If Pring and TGH did take a knock who do we play LB? I'd argue Sykes is are best option, not saying it's worth the trade of losing him from attack, but if it is a case of not being able to start Kal, TGH or Pring then who would be better? 

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I'll tell you what, there's a few on here who wouldn't have Nige that would have been raging at that lineup today. What is predictable about an all right-footed player line-up? We might smash Huddersfield to smithereens, I really hope we do, but I don't see how that line up is predictable and as nobody else predicted it...........!!

Given the injuries to senior players, today’s line up is as good as it gets.

Just now, Robbored said:

Given the injuries to senior players, today’s line up is as good as it gets.

I'm not sure playing all right footed players on our left hand side is "as good as it gets". Like I say, I would love to see a comfortable win today but would also happily take a draw as it's a Championship away game. If we get beat having started that side you can't blame people for wondering................

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

So the pre match with the in house geezer, what's the point ? 
Basically gives Manning the answers to the questions he asks and doesn't ask the questions every wants.
It's why I don't listen to the pre match pressers, except for fitness news. 

Manning said he wants legs and energy so he’s made tweaks to increase energy and a bit of a tactical change as well. No injuries 

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Wade Wilson said:

Tbf you’d hope teams aren’t checking twitter an hour before the game so they can decide on a game plan 

You're not going to change your entire game plan, but you're definitely going to look at the positions line up. And you're definitely going to give a team talk before the start of the game. It probably makes very little difference them not knowing, but it might confuse a little and there is no benefit to us giving that info before the game starts. 

27 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think he's very data driven and that impacts his decisions. 

I don't know how we're lining up but lets say Sykes is playing at LB then that will be because he's seen something in the data which makes him think it would be beneficial for us to play Sykes at LB. 

I think he tries to be too clever is an early observation of mine. 

It just seems rather bizarre. 

As I said above, LJ all over again

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I'm not sure playing all right footed players on our left hand side is "as good as it gets". Like I say, I would love to see a comfortable win today but would also happily take a draw as it's a Championship away game. If we get beat having started that side you can't blame people for wondering................

Which right footed player would you have selected?