IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

Afternoon all!   Well I am in total confusion about this team selection, no GHM, unless he had a knock against Norwich, same with Pring, both on the bench, so could come on if needed. Gary Owers reckons it 5 at the back as LM wants to keep it tight, so is it going to be a backs to the wall job and relying on breaks.  We shall see, anyway Come On You Reds.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think he's very data driven and that impacts his decisions. 

I don't know how we're lining up but lets say Sykes is playing at LB then that will be because he's seen something in the data which makes him think it would be beneficial for us to play Sykes at LB. 

If that's the case I suggest he stops looking down at the data on his tablet and tries looking at the bloody pitch.

• Like 1
Just now, brad blit said:

I feel like Pring has been asked to curb his attacking runs to make us more ‘steady’ at the back, but then we are losing one of our best attacking outlets. 

Not convinced by this lineup at all, prove me wrong City….

I'm no tactical expert and my view from the SS is limited. 

However it looks like that when we are in posession of the ball we go to 3 at the back. Against Norwich it seemed as if Tanner was the one that was given the freedom to get forward where as Pring was instructed to stay back. Ideally for me you'd want it the other way round as Tanner the better defender of the two and Pring is better at attacking of the two. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Possibly a bit of rotation with midweek game.  Agree he’s been excellent.

Why rotate him though compared to others?  He’s been up there with our best players.   He’s young, presumably very fit.  Just no need.   If he’s carrying a heavy knock fair enough.   Otherwise….

• Like 1
1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm no tactical expert and my view from the SS is limited. 

However it looks like that when we are in posession of the ball we go to 3 at the back. Against Norwich it seemed as if Tanner was the one that was given the freedom to get forward where as Pring was instructed to stay back. Ideally for me you'd want it the other way round as Tanner the better defender of the two and Pring is better at attacking of the two. 

I think it’s just natural that the back four play like they’re on a big bungee rope, as RB goes forward, LB tucks in, RCB shifts right, LCB shifts right, so it looks more like a three.

and vice versa when the LB goes forward.

Last week Tanner got further forward than Pring in the main, but it hasn’t been like that in every game.

Similar happened under Nige.

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just seen the team and I have no idea of the reasoning, but.

Pring is our only left back and that is a bold move to drop him, even tough he has not been great.

TGH has been as good as anyone , I wonder if he doesn't want money spent on him and has other targets .

I really rate Sykes, but not at FB and definitely not at LB or left side. 

I don't get this line up , but I'm not the Manager who has watched them all week. I will wait to complain until later.

Looks a very lopsided eleven...

No way Uddersfield' could have expected this (whatever it is), so maybe that's the plan- bafflement 😆

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Bizzare first 11 pick, unless TGH & Pring are nursing knocks. 

I wish the club would tell us if that’s the case or not. Always see tweets from other teams like “”so and so misses out today with a minor knee injury”. 

Meanwhile we’ve all gotta turn into Sherlock Holmes trying to figure out what’s going on. 

Just now, Wade Wilson said:

I wish the club would tell us if that’s the case or not. Always see tweets from other teams like “”so and so misses out today with a minor knee injury”. 

Meanwhile we’ve all gotta turn into Sherlock Holmes trying to figure out what’s going on. 

I assume it will be mentioned in the pre match interview if they are injured. Just need to wait for that 

Just now, Wade Wilson said:

I don't think even Sherlock could work out whats going on at our club atm.

• Like 1

It's certainly not the team I would have picked BUT let's see what happens in the game first.........I know they are pro's and should be able to use both feet but notwithstanding that it cannot be often that a team with 11 right footed players is selected?..........above Sunday League Division 6 level I mean.

I agree with a few though, if we do get done he has left himself exposed.

1 minute ago, Wade Wilson said:

I'd prefer we hear too, but my preference is for after the game. Better to keep the opposition guessing and a little unsure of things. 

1 minute ago, Wade Wilson said:

I wish the club would tell us if that’s the case or not.

Maybe Manning likes to play his cards close to his chest, keep the opposition guessing . Nige was very open later in his tenure and you could pretty much guess the team.

Mannings cunning plan ?