IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

One thing you have to say, he’s not going for the safe option. Assuming no injuries then dropping our best left back, playing Sykes out of position and benching TGH who is probably our most creative outlet of the two in midfield when you’re under pressure (and he is) is ballsy or foolhardy.

John Lennon once said that he wasn’t sure he was a genius or a madman. This is giving off the same vibes.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, petehinton said:

That is a ******* odd team. Sykes LB?

I reckon Tanner LB.

On the one hand, Manning has nowhere to hide if this team loses. On the other, I felt Pring was one of the worst culprits for ceding possession v Norwich and Manning obviously has a way he wants to play. That said, not convinced on Williams or Weimann in a possession based team…

• Like 4
1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I reckon Tanner LB.

On the one hand, Manning has nowhere to hide if this team loses. On the other, I felt Pring was one of the worst culprits for ceding possession v Norwich and Manning obviously has a way he wants to play. That said, not convinced on Williams or Weimann in a possession based team…

Even ******* worse if it’s Tanner LB with Belly ahead of him

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I reckon Tanner LB.

Tgh and james are about the only ones weve got who can play possession, why on earth would you put williams in instead of tgh?

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

One thing you have to say, he’s not going for the safe option. Assuming no injuries then dropping our best left back, playing Sykes out of position and benching TGH who is probably our most creative outlet of the two in midfield when you’re under pressure (and he is) is ballsy or foolhardy.

John Lennon once said that he wasn’t sure he was a genius or a madman. This is giving off the same vibes.

I think he's very data driven and that impacts his decisions. 

I don't know how we're lining up but lets say Sykes is playing at LB then that will be because he's seen something in the data which makes him think it would be beneficial for us to play Sykes at LB. 

I think he tries to be too clever is an early observation of mine. 

It just seems rather bizarre. 

Just seen the team and I have no idea of the reasoning, but.

Pring is our only left back and that is a bold move to drop him, even tough he has not been great.

TGH has been as good as anyone , I wonder if he doesn't want money spent on him and has other targets .

I really rate Sykes, but not at FB and definitely not at LB or left side. 

I don't get this line up , but I'm not the Manager who has watched them all week. I will wait to complain until later.

• Like 1