IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

8 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

At least he has realised that, unlike he thought (as we were led to believe), Mehmeti can’t hack it at this level

I still query this. Players grow at different speeds, Mehmeti is 22..O'Leary, Vyner, Pring were all somewhat discarded this time 3 years ago, maybe 18 months in some cases- or well down the pecking order in any case.

Sure he has it to prove but time will tell.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1
6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I'm pretty sure its down to rotation given the schedule of games coming up.

I'd expect TGH and Pring to come on 60 mins or so, and the reverse maybe at Blackburn.

Its a bit of a hazard having only one left back.

Resting players after  a free week seems odd, but if he feels that Huddersfield have less threat wide then that's different I guess. We win this 3-0 and he could drop O'Leary for the Tea woman and I'd support him.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was a big fan of the Nige’s selection policy as a concept, but I felt at times he could’ve been more flexible, sometimes it was too hard to lose your place.

Perhaps but that doesn't apply to Gardner-Hickman today. If nothing else it doesn't give a player an incentive to play well if he is likely to be dropped anyway.