IGNORED

The Gaffer speaks after tonight’s defeat

RedLionLad

10 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Biggest concern for me is that NP seemed to have tightened up the defence but now we are back to letting in soft goals. With a misfiring attack that is a recipe for a slide down the table.

That is a major concern for me, some soft goals too. It looked like we'd finally sorted things out at the back to give us base to go and win games.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Whilst I'm not in the camp of wanting to sack him, if him and Swansea wanted to talk to each other ala Pulis and Portsmouth then I'd not mind.

It just doesn't feel like the right fit at this moment in time. 

So basically - you don’t want to be seen as wanting him to be sacked because it would look hasty and reactionary.. but at the same time, quite happy for him to leave in circumstances which don’t make you look hasty and reactionary. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Normal in any team at any level. A no shit Sherlock statement.

This is where man management comes into it. Pearson very much made everyone feel involved. So yes whilst they'd be disappointed to not be playing, they very much had a part to play. 

LM is quite inexperienced as a manager. He needs to learn how to manage frustrated players or we'll be back to the days of the frustrated players having a negative impact upon the squad harmony. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, sglosbcfc said:

You have more faith than me in our ability to win, at home or not. Our one win under Manning we scraped home after conceding 2 goals. Teams that ship goals left, right and centre lose games I'm afraid. Nigel realised that, but sadly for us he is gone.

It's not so much huge faith in us, more that Millwall, Huddersfield, Rotherham and to a lesser extent Swansea and QPR still to play at home.

It's awfully demoralising though to be even pondering potential 6 pointers given the solid base and steady growth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

So basically - you don’t want to be seen as wanting him to be sacked because it would look hasty and reactionary.. but at the same time, quite happy for him to leave in circumstances which don’t make you look hasty and reactionary. 

As others have commented. Him and Swansea are a more natural fit. 

Sacking him right now wouldn't be the right thing to do. We're no where near that point. 

But if he were to leave 2moro I wouldn't be disappointed as up until now it just hasn't worked out and its going to take a lot of time and patience and probably money with no guarantees it will work out. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

It feels like everyone’s losing at the moment, he was clearly onto something at Oxford. May well have had a League title on his CV come May. Poor bloke looks downbeat.

Not knowing what you've got until its gone. If he was more self-assured you'd perhaps think that he would have done exactly that; stayed at Oxford, grabbed those honours, enjoyed the promotion, knowing full well that the further accolades/salary etc would come in time given his innate talent. Jumping ship at the first sniff of interest from a higher level is not what one Mr A Scott did, there might be a lesson in there somehwere. Saying all that, I do feel sorry for him, all us battle weary & hardened City fans are all too used to the characters in BS3.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the key here is “belief” “edge” “fight” - ie the things he classed as positive (which they were) are an inherent part of the group mentality and not down to him or the coaching team.

And if they’re “overloaded mentally” then Liam, sorry, you’ve got it wrong. 

I forget who said that football is a simple game over complicated by idiots. That quote kind of resonates currently for some reason.

Watching the period before the subs it did feel like they were very constrained then after felt like they played with a bit more freedom, bit of desperation to do something which had been sorely lacking before that point. Almost feels like it would benefit the lads to be let off the leash a bit tbh

Edited by Out of his pie crust
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Only seen the result, i genuinely have a really bad feeling about this season. Nige had a limited team battling, it feels as if manning wants to play a way that this squad technically can't deliver..

As a massive pro NP man

I have to be fair Bris , we played some decent stuff and no indication of lack of effort , although it could look that way to some as we are more passive without the ball.

We dominated the second half and a neutral would had us worthy of a point at least

Usual City conceding a p*ss soft goal from a corner and lacking some real quality at times at the other end

24 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Body language - negative

Eye contact - negative

Tone of voice used - negative

With that negativity it doesn’t matter what words he says as the above means no one will believe you!

Conway - whilst I’m sure will be a really good striker at the level and possibly higher one day, is being found out as he’s not ready to play the main man - my god do we need Nakhi for to help these kids!

The Jan transfer windows feels a long way off - assuming we have some money to spend!

Yes, so much negativity in all of that interview. Does not inspire much confidence after only being here few games.

Well nice weekend with my grandsons coming up. Tickets for Sunderland game Saturday and to see our Ladies against Chelsea Sunday. 

Well looking forward to Sunday.   AG going to be toxic if we lose Saturday. 

Just now, Alan Dicks said:

I’ve never known a manager to be so much out of his depth, i really feel sorry for the poor sod.

I just don’t think he’s the right man for this squad, and that’s not all on him- think a lot of people can see what he’s trying to implement- controlled possession and intricate passing, but I don’t think the squad is capable of delivering that. I don’t think NP necessarily wanted to play the more direct game that we saw, but I think he realised that with Scott gone we didn’t have the requisite ball players in the team so try and hit channels quickly, possibly ala Leicester with Vardy. Big NP fan, but have nothing but sympathy for LM at this point

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

I’ve never known a manager to be so much out of his depth, i really feel sorry for the poor sod.

holden mark 2? i'm starting to feel genuinely steve and  that the Lansdown family do this on purpose.. someone of Steve's business astute  cannot make these decisions time and time again without knowing the consequences.. the guy is a billionaire and he runs BCFC as if he were on the doll

• Like 1

Putting aside for a moment, the incredulity and disdain I felt and still feel about the change that has been instigated at BS3 by the powers that be - 

In isolation, that interview sounds to me like a relegation battle interview. 

Regrettably, I fear these may become more frequent over the coming weeks and months, as our situation further warrants them. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

I have had a few beers and i'm probably chatting waffle bit.. is anyone fearing a regulation battle or is it just me..?

I feared it the second they sacked NP. Not because NP was the best manager in the division, he isnt. But because of one simple word.

Stability.

And we chcuked it out the window as our manager rightly felt he wasn't being backed, and the owners ego couldn't seem to take valid and accurate (critique) feedback without Gould buttering him up.

If we get relegated, and I hope not  - but it would be everything the leadership deserve. This should have been all sorted (new manager, full preseason) over the summer period. Simple planning, structure, and targeted recruitment.

Instead, we, the fans, now have no choice but to feel sorry for Manning, and pray he adapts. All because of their ego and stupidity.

Edited by Fuber
  • Like 8
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

5 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

I just don’t think he’s the right man for this squad, and that’s not all on him- think a lot of people can see what he’s trying to implement- controlled possession and intricate passing, but I don’t think the squad is capable of delivering that. I don’t think NP necessarily wanted to play the more direct game that we saw, but I think he realised that with Scott gone we didn’t have the requisite ball players in the team so try and hit channels quickly, possibly ala Leicester with Vardy. Big NP fan, but have nothing but sympathy for LM at this point

I agree to a point but he allowed himself to be flattered by a far bigger club than Oxford and didn’t consider the consequences it seems . Any idiot could have “ read the room “after Nige’s sacking  and realised that this was a potential disaster waiting to happen . If was his choice to take the ££ so has to face the consequences sadly . 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 6

Unfortunately he’s made it very difficult for himself. He’s come in and really gone for it in terms of selling and implementing his own ways. It hasn’t been working but having gone so full on, he can’t really backtrack otherwise he’ll look like he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

I can’t help but feel that we’re in a three-way game of chicken between Manning’s philosophies and principles, Lansdown and Tinnion’s ego, and the performance of the current relegation spot teams.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

I feared it the second they sacked NP. Not because NP was the best manager in the division, he isnt. But because of one simple word.

Stability.

And we chcuked it out the window as our manager rightly felt he wasn't being backed and the owners ego count take valid and accurate feedback without Gould buttering him up.

If we get relegated, and I hope not  - but it would be everything the leadership deserve. This should have been all sorted (new manager, full preseason) over the summer period. Simple planning, structure, and targeted recruitment.

Instead, we, the fans, now have no choice but to feel sorry for Manning, and pray he adapts. All because of their ego and stupidity.

I echo everything you said mate. Nige gave us stability, a battling lower mid table team, whilst not glamorous he was IMO doing the absolute most that anyone manager could do with this squad without significant funds. We all accepted that and i felt with Pearson we were in 'safe' hands in terms of the drop..

We now have a manger that is expecting far too much of a limited squad. They aren't good enough at this level for total possession based football (that yields results) i genuinely fear they will lose the siege mentality, not through effort or passion just because what they are being asked is beyond them.. worrying times man.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

I agree to a point but he allowed himself to be flattered by a far bigger club than Oxford and didn’t consider the consequences it seems . Any idiot would have “ read the room “ and realised that this was a potential disaster waiting to happen . If was his choice to take the ££ so has to face the consequences sadly . 

Yeah, I can’t disagree, but if I was offered on a plate the chance of a better job on better money (with a ‘top 6’ squad), I’d take it in a heartbeat too. Maybe LM could’ve done a bit more of the due diligence though!