IGNORED

Sunderland at home match thread

21 hours ago, pillred said:

That game with Chris Garland on the programme was one of the all-time great matches I have attended, it was 1970 and we were 1-3 down against Sunderland and came back to win 4-3 what a match.

I remember it well and it was one of my favourite games.

First match of the season, Sunderland playing in grey and, to cap it all, I got Mick McGiven’d autograph.

• Like 1

Interested to see how Sunderland's Pritchard plays, whether he plays like a false 9 and drops into pockets to outnumber our two DMs.  Really need Vyner or Dickie to not let that happen, but also not leave gaps / be aware of players running off of Pritchard.

Clarke is obviously a huge threat, and Roberts is very skilful, but Pring usually good 1v1.

About time O’Nien gets his comeuppance and gets a red card.

Fingers and toes crossed today.

17 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I am very much of the opinion that Nige's "sacking" had little to do with performance on the pitch but other personal issues behind the scenes. Will we ever know the full story ?  No, I think not.

I am sure it hasn't taken you this long to reach that conclusion. Ofcourse it had nothing to do with performances, but an unwillingness to massage the Lansdown ego and their realisation that he was infinitely more popular than them. Although I was a, supporter of LJ up to the last month or so of his tenure, the Lansdown willingness to accept his losing streaks without giving him the sack, including losing 8 in a row, told you all you needed to know about the type of manager they preferred. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Text corrrection
9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Interested to see how Sunderland's Pritchard plays, whether he plays like a false 9 and drops into pockets to outnumber our two DMs.  Really need Vyner or Dickie to not let that happen, but also not leave gaps / be aware of players running off of Pritchard.

Clarke is obviously a huge threat, and Roberts is very skilful, but Pring usually good 1v1.

About time O’Nien gets his comeuppance and gets a red card.

Fingers and toes crossed today.

I think you're right and would be surprised if he's not a false 9. He's a real workhorse and pest with real ability to feed the likes of Clarke and Roberts. and perhaps Jobe Bellingham later. Another one of those players who are top Championship performers but not quite good enough for the PL. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Typo alteration
  • Like 1