IGNORED

Pet hates OTIB room 101

Major Isewater

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

People who say “we’re pregnant.” 

No, you can say “we’re having a baby!” but the only pregnant one is the female carrying the baby!

Maggie used to say "We are to be a grand parent." !

(Thatcher) for you young'uns.

Edited by Midred
  • Flames 1

As a footnote to my toilet sign photo , I actually crossed a very embarrassed lady in the gent’s toilet at the establishment. :blush:

Just thought of another , Americans who ask to use your ‘bathroom’ when they want a wee. 

When I am in a person’s house I don’t ask if I can use their toilet. I rather politely ask if I can ‘wash my hands’. Often French people tell me I can wash my hands in the kitchen sink. Strange people the French. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

As a footnote to my toilet sign photo , I actually crossed a very embarrassed lady in the gent’s toilet at the establishment. :blush:

Just thought of another , Americans who ask to use your ‘bathroom’ when they want a wee. 

When I am in a person’s house I don’t ask if I can use their toilet. I rather politely ask if I can ‘wash my hands’. Often French people tell me I can wash my hands in the kitchen sink. Strange people the French. 

Yes, but they appreciate you have washed the dishes at the same time

• Haha 1

On 24/03/2024 at 16:35, Major Isewater said:

Do you get funny looks when they spot you doing a number 2 on the dishes?

• Haha 1

On 24/03/2024 at 16:35, Major Isewater said:

I think Canadians call it the "rest room". Now I enjoy a surreptitious skiving 40 winks in trap no.1 as much as the next fella, but for it to be officially named, thusly?

I never had canucks down as lazy buggers.

Edited by Mike Hunt-Hertz

Fashion, f , f ,f,f fashion and those who slavishly follow it.It’s marketing people, just a way to sell more products. 

Wear what the folk you want to wear. However you dress if you do it with confidence others will think that you are making a statement and most probably copy your ‘look’ .

If you hang on to your threads long enough they will come back ‘ in ‘ anyway. 

• Like 2

Celebrities who are really only just sons and daughter of famous people.

Celebrities per se, anything that can be called reality TV,

TV in general,

and still people in Gregg's asking can I get?

You've probably guessed, I am old 

:laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 18/04/2024 at 20:17, AppyDAZE said:

Celebrities who are really only just sons and daughters of famous people.

Celebrities per se, anything that can be called reality TV,

TV in general,

and still people in Gregg's asking can I get?

You've probably guessed, I am old 

For me, Zoe Ball heads that list.

Her Dad was absolutely brilliant on kids TV; his programs were very educational. She is just a talentless bint, awful on TV and awful on the radio. 

IMO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

On 21/03/2024 at 13:25, slartibartfast said:

Builders/workmen who insist on having their radios on full bore, with bass rattling everyone's windows, and it's always ****** shite "music"...........just turn it down !

I have revenge on that today. We have 2 builders outside laying slabs, 1st day on the job and too polite to play their music. I have my 80s and 90s play list on loud whilst decorating inside....

I fully accept this might have changed around by Monday.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Her Dad was absolutely brilliant on kids TV; his programs were very educational. She is just a talentless bint, awful on TV and awful on the radio. 

IMO

Sadly, he turned into a bit of stereotypical baby boomer conspiracy theorist in his dotage.  "Nothing wrong with more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere"; "CRB checks are an invasion of freedom" etc etc. 

Although he worked on programmes to do with science and maths, he personally knows little about the subjects he presented, as his social media pronouncements show. He's basically an ex-Butlin's Redcoat with two O'Levels.

I recall reading that he's now got dementia, so perhaps that explains some of the post-TV career inanity he's come out with.