IGNORED

Pet hates OTIB room 101

Major Isewater

8 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Adverts where there is a face on the product to make you like it . 
Reminds me of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy where an animal is promoting various bits of his body that could be tasty. Sick . 
Stick a smiley face on a turd and people will buy it . 
:disapointed2se:

" ...............Can I interest you in my liver, it's very tender, I've been force feeding myself for weeks ".

Facebook.

People on Facebook posting their life stories, all for a bit of attention. I’ve actually seen people post photos of their deceased relatives hands.

Come on, that moment should stay private.

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Facebook.

People on Facebook posting their life stories, all for a bit of attention. I’ve actually seen people post photos of their deceased relatives hands.

Social media in general really. I'd include Instagram to that and its pretentious 'influencers'.

• Like 4

On 07/03/2024 at 08:36, Lew-T said:

Facebook.

Attention seeking. "You ok, hun?" sort of cobblers.

• Like 1

When you’re driving/in traffic, and you can’t see round the car/vehicle in front, to see what’s happening on the road, because of the size of it.

Random I know, and probably a bit niche because I’m short! 

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

When you’re driving/in traffic, and you can’t see round the car/vehicle in front, to see what’s happening on the road, because of the size of it.

Hardly random though: I reckon about 50% of our collective pet hates are driving related 😄

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Normally a sign you're following too closely... 👀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

There is an issue generally these days with cars getting considerably bigger than they were only a decade or two ago. We're buying more biggies. 

I drive a Mini (well, you know what they say about blokes with big cars, the reverse is obviously true :whistle2: ) and it makes things much harder to reverse out of parking space when you've got an X-Trail parked on one side and a Toureg the other. Even worse if it's a Hilux or something, driven by someone who is obviously neither a farmer or builder.

I can't berate unnecessary 4x4 owners as Mrs R has a Qashqai, but that's teeny compared to a lot of the monsters you see on the roads of Somerset. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Attention seeking. "You ok, hun?" sort of cobblers.

Woman takes selfie. Uploads to Facebook or Instagram. Looks at comments of all her friends reciting Shakespeare with over the top flattery compliments. Bizarre and cringeworthy.

And yes I have no issues saying this on International Women's Day. It's annoying

Edited by 2015

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

There is an issue generally these days with cars getting considerably bigger than they were only a decade or two ago. We're buying more biggies. 

I drive a Mini (well, you know what they say about blokes with big cars, the reverse is obviously true :whistle2: ) and it makes things much harder to reverse out of parking space when you've got an X-Trail parked on one side and a Toureg the other. Even worse if it's a Hilux or something, driven by someone who is obviously neither a farmer or builder.

I can't berate unnecessary 4x4 owners as Mrs R has a Qashqai, but that's teeny compared to a lot of the monsters you see on the roads of Somerset. 

My dad had a Triumph 2000, that I used to consider was a big car. They are bloody minute compared to the modern pantechnicons.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

And all those garages built in the '60s and '70s have gradually got smaller and smaller...!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, italian dave said:

And all those garages built in the '60s and '70s have gradually got smaller and smaller...!

90% of people I know with garages just have them full of junk 'which might come in useful one day'.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2024 at 09:26, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

The phrase "living your best life". When did that become a thing? It sounds like a dumb arse yank expression.

Another one for me is on the radio, "Can you give a shout out to..." 🤮

• Like 2

On 16/12/2023 at 14:10, slartibartfast said:

Can I  GET a coffee ?...........No , it's my job to serve you. The number of times I've stood at a bar and said " No, you can HAVE one " It just pisses me off !

"Can I grab..."

😡😡😡🤬🤬

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

On 07/03/2024 at 08:36, Lew-T said:

Facebook.

Either we know the same person or this is weirdly common on Facebook. Not sure why anyone would ever do that.

Young'uns who get on the bus and whilst there are plenty of other seats available make straight for the priority seats for elderly, pregnant or disabled. I've yet to see any priority that these idiots might have over any anyone with a genuine need!