IGNORED

Pet hates OTIB room 101

Major Isewater

17 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Windbags, who overuse, commas in rambling posts, often in the wrong places, to make a point. 🤣

Hey, you should have sent me a PM.

I’ll try and improve, but I get your point.

Or have you already blocked me? 😉

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

The best time of year...for Gym based 101s.

This week alone, things that have annoyed me:

* Mobile phones in the gym

* People using equipment but not actually using the equipment, instead sat on it texting/playing games

* Gym bags being taken around with them, but no actual additional equipment being taken out of the bag to be used. Store in a locker like everyone else.

* People reinventing ways to use equipment or using it in a way that will not give any benefit whatsoever.

* Headphone over hoodies. With hoods up... Why. Just why?!?

I could go on, but you get the gist.

12 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

The Galleries car park ticket machine on the way in...

Here's your ticket,  ohhhhhh no you don't, let's have you wait a bit longer,

oh go on, have it then.

WHY?

Does it still do that??!!

I haven’t used it for years. But I used it regularly about 20 years + ago, and even now I remember it and know just what you mean!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

The best time of year...for Gym based 101s.

This week alone, things that have annoyed me:

* Mobile phones in the gym

* People using equipment but not actually using the equipment, instead sat on it texting/playing games

* Gym bags being taken around with them, but no actual additional equipment being taken out of the bag to be used. Store in a locker like everyone else.

* People reinventing ways to use equipment or using it in a way that will not give any benefit whatsoever.

* Headphone over hoodies. With hoods up... Why. Just why?!?

I could go on, but you get the gist.

Gym's full stop

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Gym's full stop

I've only been to a gym once many years ago, as soon as I arrived some 'trainer' hassled me into trying to sign up for some personal fitness plan and I turned round and walked out just leave me in peace please!  I now keep fit walking five miles a day and it doesn't cost me a penny 

Edited by Ronnie Sinclair
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I've only been to a gym once many years ago, as soon as I arrived some 'trainer' hassled me into trying to sign up for some personal fitness plan and I turned round and walked out just leave me in peace please!  I now keep fit walking five miles a day and it doesn't cost me a penny 

I’m lucky enough to have a second home down south not far from beaches which got me into walking and I love it,I have a running machine back in Bristol because it’s not quite the same fresh air and sights in BS3

It may have been mentioned already, but my absolute biggest hatred is people who do those bedsheet banners with things like “happy birthday Kevin” and hang them over roadside bridges. Not the act of doing it - that’s fine, it’s a nice surprise for the birthday boy/girl. It’s when the pricks leave them up there for days or weeks afterwards. It’s like industrial littering and should be treated as fly tipping. There was one on a roundabout by me that had been screen printed and left for six months. And if I ever meet Mr Caolan Feast, I’ll bloody tell him where to go!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

It may have been mentioned already, but my absolute biggest hatred is people who do those bedsheet banners with things like “happy birthday Kevin” and hang them over roadside bridges. Not the act of doing it - that’s fine, it’s a nice surprise for the birthday boy/girl. It’s when the pricks leave them up there for days or weeks afterwards. It’s like industrial littering and should be treated as fly tipping. There was one on a roundabout by me that had been screen printed and left for six months. And if I ever meet Mr Caolan Feast, I’ll bloody tell him where to go!

Also in a slightly similar vein, left over cable ties on lampposts when the item that was attached to them has long since gone - anyone else ever been face whipped whilst running past one and not noticing? 

i'm getting totally ****** off with ******* Geordie voices on TV, it's the most ugly dialect in Britain, but producers on ALL channels seem to think it's "canny, like".  I wouldn't mind, but it's a very relatively small area that speaks it ! You hardly heard it till Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, and Big Brother came along, now it seems every other ****** on TV comes from Tyne/Wearside !  Northern ***** !

11 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

i'm getting totally ****** off with ******* Geordie voices on TV, it's the most ugly dialect in Britain, but producers on ALL channels seem to think it's "canny, like".  I wouldn't mind, but it's a very relatively small area that speaks it ! You hardly heard it till Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, and Big Brother came along, now it seems every other ****** on TV comes from Tyne/Wearside !  Northern ***** !

Welsh is worse

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

The voice on the KFC radio ads where she says big deaw instead of big deal 

Actually all ads on radio TV, or anywhere.

Now then, some are ok (but not many).  I like the one with the 2 guys about to eat the Twix while being watching by the 2 bears

• Haha 1