IGNORED

Pet hates OTIB room 101

Major Isewater

Roadman slang. I had this little git around my house the other night over Xmas- a friend amongst others of the daughters, giving it all wagwan, peng, fam. Utter nonsense. You are 14 from Portishead mate. Thankfully his Dad was as triggered as i was and shut him up.

Also kids of a certain age - the tiktok generation - talking with an American accent and using American English. STFU

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

People who put there bins out 2 days before the collection…

Yes, we get it. You’re stupidly organised. Stop showing off!

Or likely that they haven’t read their local council’s communications regarding different collection days during Xmas / New Year holiday ?

6 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Or likely that they haven’t read their local council’s communications regarding different collection days during Xmas / New Year holiday ?

This is all year round.

10 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Or just a very forgetful old fart like myself so put it out when it comes to mind

Edited by BigTone

19 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Or just a very forgetful old fart like myself so put it out when it comes to mind

We have a yellow bin for bottles and recycling. The pickup is fortnightly. I must have drinking problem as my one is full after four days.

• Haha 1

On 25/12/2023 at 21:53, AppyDAZE said:

Controversial, I know  but...

Oasis / Gallaghers

Decidedly average band, one trick ponies, worst and most hackneyed guitar playing/solos in rock history, made a mint from selling old rope.

Obnoxious, stroppy, cocky northern know it alls known for slagging off bands who are far more talented than thermselves, and therefore

total *******.  

All about opinions, and this is mine.

Shocking take, but all about opinions I guess.

• Like 2

On the topic of music. Basically anything in the charts annoys me, the same rubbish over and over again being played, no range in different genres or styles, just the same pop music being farted out all the time and overplayed on the Radio.

'Rock' and 'Indie' bands today having high pitched voices, which doesn't sound very rock 'n' roll to me. 

Modern day rock is pretty much dead in the mainstream because it's too risky for the media/radio stations to play it in fear of backlash from their daytime tv type listeners who just want Cardi B, Taylor Swift and Adele on the go 24/7.

Also the amount of English singers who sing with an American accent in their songs. Embarassing.

• Like 1

I do think that an Oasis reunion, should it ever happen, has been hyped to such a ridiculous level now that it could never possibly live up to it. And it would no doubt cost £300 for a ticket and be full of the piss-throwing chavvy bell ends that end up at these gigs. They do have really strong songs though that are the best to belt out, and both Noel and Liam live are good fun.

As far as Manc bands go, The Smiths and The Roses were better for me but I think a lot of the Oasis hate is purely down to how 'everywhere' they are. In some very specific demographics they're arguably actually bigger than The Beatles, so I can see why they do some people's heads in and would be a Room 101 band.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I do think that an Oasis reunion, should it ever happen, has been hyped to such a ridiculous level now that it could never possibly live up to it. And it would no doubt cost £300 for a ticket and be full of the piss-throwing chavvy bell ends that end up at these gigs. They do have really strong songs though that are the best to belt out, and both Noel and Liam live are good fun.

As far as Manc bands go, The Smiths and The Roses were better for me but I think a lot of the Oasis hate is purely down to how 'everywhere' they are. In some very specific demographics they're arguably actually bigger than The Beatles, so I can see why they do some people's heads in and would be a Room 101 band.

Oasis should never do a reunion. They're still as popular as they were 20 years ago and I think a reunion would probably kill the popularity they still have.

My annoyance with casual Oasis fans or the haters is they only seem to name two or three songs.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I’d love a one off tour - i loved Oasis. They were the first band that i ever took any notice of. I’m off to watch Liam in June which I’m hoping will be as close to Oasis as it can get. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I’d love a one off tour - i loved Oasis. They were the first band that i ever took any notice of. I’m off to watch Liam in June which I’m hoping will be as close to Oasis as it can get. 

That sounds awesome, he always plays a ton of Oasis bangers so you'll be fine.

15 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Haha..my neighbour puts his out in stages. Moves it from the back of the house to the side alley about 48 hours prior to collection morning, then about 24 hours prior it goes to the front of the driveway.

The binmen normally arrive at about 4pm.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Haha 1

People who think they own the road/space outside their house, and therefore they are the only ones allowed to park there. Basically any kind of passive aggressive parking. Also people who have garages and then DON’T park their cars in them, or on their driveways, and then complain about anyone parking on the road outside their house.

Also, my absolute biggest bug bear related to cars/driving - MIDDLE LANE HOGGERS! I wish someone would invent a device that you can strap to the side of your car, and then shove anyone not driving in the appropriate lane over. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

People who think they own the road/space outside their house, and therefore they are the only ones allowed to park there. Basically any kind of passive aggressive parking. Also people who have garages and then DON’T park their cars in them, or on their driveways, and then complain about anyone parking on the road outside their house.

Also, my absolute biggest bug bear related to cars/driving - MIDDLE LANE HOGGERS! I wish someone would invent a device that you can strap to the side of your car, and then shove anyone not driving in the appropriate lane over. 

Why not stop building roads with a middle lane ?  That way there's no need to go out with a strap on !!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Nathandao said:

People who park on double yellow lines and think putting their hazards on makes it ok.

Tracksuit culture. 

Ha ha….yes, definitely, you’d think that the term “hazard” would say all it needs to, but apparently not! 

Of course, when it’s outside Greggs it’s entirely legitimate (or so it seems!)

On 02/01/2024 at 20:06, Midred said:

Guy across the road has use of a Tesla which is either silent going forwards or sounds like an old milk float when reversing!

His other car a TVR appears occaisionaly and must need tuning as he sit on the drive revving noisily for 5 minutes before leaving and after returning home! Must be a cry for attention?

To be fair there is a genuine need to do those things on a rarely used classic car like a TVR.

Mind you if he's bought a Tesla he might not know that...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

To be fair there is a genuine need to do those things on a rarely used classic car like a TVR.

Mind you if he's bought a Tesla he might not know that...

It's the 7.00 in the morning and the 10.00 at night that bugs us! 😏

• Haha 1

On 03/01/2024 at 09:59, nebristolred said:

Arguably bigger than the Beatles :laugh:, oh behave.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

49 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Arguably bigger than the Beatles :laugh:, oh behave.

I didn't say that but if making shit up makes you feel better do carry on.

They are definitely not bigger than The Beatles overall by any stretch. But I definitely have younger family members who could name 10x as many Oasis songs v Beatles, they are without a doubt bigger in the younger generation. There were people congratulating Kanye years back for working with the 'new, upcoming artist' Paul McCartney ffs :laugh:.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 2