IGNORED

Pet hates OTIB room 101

Major Isewater

12 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

i recently had a warning letter from police for crossing double white lines to give a horse  plenty of space as i passed. they didnt prosecute as they appreciated i passed as wide and safely as i could. cant be arsed to do that again if the riders going to send in camera footage,i will pass more closely and hope they smash their cameras if they fall off

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

We were advised at a driver awareness course that I had to go on, that it is not illegal to cross a double white line if circumstances dictate, and the example of passing a horse rider or a cyclist was given as one.. Sounds like you were spotted by the worst kind of PC Shiny Buttons who thought he knew the rules but didn`t,

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/general-rules-techniques-and-advice-for-all-drivers-and-riders-103-to-158#:~:text=You may cross the line,km%2Fh) or less.

From the horses mouth, so to speak. Rule 129.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

Tbf, as someone who likes cycling, I’d only not use a cycle path if it was unridable, the ones out of Yate towards Frampton are always rubbish with crap and stones all over them, and i generally ride wide in the road when there are potholes everywhere and i don’t fancy crashing. Blame the useless council for not sorting them.

There are a few places where an event will take place, the road from Parker’s to Cromhall is a TT route where you do try and beat your time, but it’s a straight road with no traffic lights so normal road laws apply to drivers.

Ps - most people I know who cycle are insured 

I agree...they are awful to ride on. No wonder cyclists with expensive bikes avoid. 

I used to join the lanes by Brimsham and head out towards Cromhall. Many cyclists... unfortunately many lorries as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spudski said:

I agree...they are awful to ride on. No wonder cyclists with expensive bikes avoid. 

I used to join the lanes by Brimsham and head out towards Cromhall. Many cyclists... unfortunately many lorries as well. 

I go through those lanes quite a bit, i will always pull in for cars as i got ploughed in to from behind once and the driver left the scene, im convinced when I’m reading some comments about cyclists that some people would have preferred i was killed as would mean one less on the road 😂😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Christmas.

Not Christmas itself; but the people that have allowed the supermarkets and media to brainwash them into believing Christmas starts on Dec 1 & finishes on Dec 26 (Boxing Day), which is when Easter starts !

Erm, no.

Christmas starts on Dec 25 and finishes on Jan 5.

I wouldn`t mind if it was December 1st but it seems to be `starting` straight after bonfire night these days.

People who post their whole lives over social media (particularly Instagram).

Drivers who drive at the same speed absolutely everywhere. 30mph zone (Drives 40). National Speed limit area (Still drives 40). Fkn annoying.

People who hog equipment at the Gym

How Americanised Britain has slowly become, and how a lot of Premier League fans now treat Football like how Americans treat their NFL teams.

Modern Football stadia.

Any loser who posts daily statuses on LinkedIn.

I love Dogs, but anyone who just allows their Dog to continuously bark and bark and bark. 

Rugby fans who instantly make snide comments about Football as soon as you say 'Im more of a Football guy'.

14 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Christmas.

Not Christmas itself; but the people that have allowed the supermarkets and media to brainwash them into believing Christmas starts on Dec 1 & finishes on Dec 26 (Boxing Day), which is when Easter starts !

Erm, no.

Most of these people don't even know what Christmas is even about. Just brainwashed into consumerism and the greed that comes with it. It's sad.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Drivers who drive at the same speed absolutely everywhere. 30mph zone (Drives 40). National Speed limit area (Still drives 40). Fkn annoying.

How Americanised Britain has slowly become, and how a lot of Premier League fans now treat Football like how Americans treat their NFL teams.

Modern Football stadia.

I love Dogs, but anyone who just allows their Dog to continuously bark and bark and bark. 

Rugby fans who instantly make snide comments about Football as soon as you say 'Im more of a Football guy'.

Most of these people don't even know what Christmas is even about. Just brainwashed into consumerism and the greed that comes with it. It's sad.

Count me in for all of those!

The stadia one is interesting: I don’t think new has to mean bad: the Etihad is a pretty impresssive sight, and an impressive bowl too (crap facilities though!). And then there’s somewhere like the Allianz in Munich. And I’m quite looking forward to the new FGR one.

Equally, there are some truly crap old ones. I don’t buy the “character” excuse for shitholes like the old Wigan or Colchester grounds. 

But a good proportion of the new ones are pretty characterless. 

Edited by italian dave

31 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Modern Football stadia.

Totally agree. It's two fluffing days the shops are shut, so why shop like you are being under siege for a month or two and can't leave the house. Trolleys full of food costing  hundreds and hundreds of £££'s. People getting into debt for two days of eating, drinking and swopping crappy presents.

Garbage the lot of it. What cost of living crisis.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I wouldn`t mind if it was December 1st but it seems to be `starting` straight after bonfire night these days.

Hate to tell you this but our first Easter Eggs arrived in store last Thursday (14th Dec). They are usually put on the shelves on Boxing Day but this year we have been told to merchandise them immediately, so they are available to buy right now ☹️

36 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Count me in for all of those!

The stadia one is interesting: I don’t think new has to mean bad: the Etihad is a pretty impresssive sight, and an impressive bowl too (crap facilities though!). And then there’s somewhere like the Allianz in Munich. And I’m quite looking forward to the new FGR one.

Equally, there are some truly crap old ones. I don’t buy the “character” excuse for shitholes like the old Wigan or Colchester grounds. 

But a good proportion of the new ones are pretty characterless. 

I just miss the old grounds. Ninian Park, The Vetch Field, even the old Ashton Gate. It was Football, proper football. Feels more like going to the Cinema nowadays, very sanitised. 

I went to San Siro last month and really enjoyed myself. Every bit of its identity felt Italian and in particular Milanese, I am glad they decided not to knock it down. I just think the new stadiums are destroying what the previous grounds used to have.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

Totally agree. It's two fluffing days the shops are shut, so why shop like you are being under siege for a month or two and can't leave the house. Trolleys full of food costing  hundreds and hundreds of £££'s. People getting into debt for two days of eating, drinking and swopping crappy presents.

Garbage the lot of it. What cost of living crisis.

Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas. I like it for having time off work myself, and spending some time with friends and family. 

People have lost what the true value of Christmas is by overspending and competing with others to buy the best gifts for their loved ones. It's sad and is slowly losing its meaning year on year.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RedM said:

Hate to tell you this but our first Easter Eggs arrived in store last Thursday (14th Dec). They are usually put on the shelves on Boxing Day but this year we have been told to merchandise them immediately, so they are available to buy right now ☹️

I know. Mrs LR is the manager of a petrol station with a smallish shop and she was told to put up the decorations and Christmas tree at the beginning of November FFS!

What a bunch of miserable so and so’s 😁

What really pisses me off are the Range Rover mums doing the school run. WTF do you need to take your kids to school in a bloody tractor?

People in the Lansdown eating a full size picnic during the game. Sweet and crisp paper noises (yes it is that quiet in the stand usually). Give me the dull moans and complaints of the Dolman any day

People that whistle those made up tunes in a happy and cheery way. Just **** off 

Finally - people who Ramble. Its just a long walk - the only difference is you have a big stick. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

What a bunch of miserable so and so’s 😁

What really pisses me off are the Range Rover mums doing the school run. WTF do you need to take your kids to school in a bloody tractor?

I always say the closest these bloody things have ever been to off road is parking on the pavement outside a school.

13 hours ago, 2015 said:

Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas. I like it for having time off work myself, and spending some time with friends and family. 

People have lost what the true value of Christmas is by overspending and competing with others to buy the best gifts for their loved ones. It's sad and is slowly losing its meaning year on year.

Xmas is losing its meaning, i saw yesterday that the Morrisons local in Yate will be open until 3pm on Xmas day which i find a bit sad. 

On 16/12/2023 at 14:58, Maltshoveller said:

Gasheads

Well somebody was going to say it

Christmas drinkers -  People who only ever seem to go to pubs at Christmas Takes them 10 mins to order a round as they

have no idea what drinks the pub sell and no idea what they want to drink ( Just stay f~~~~g home and let us get to the bar)

Screenshot_20231220-082011_Facebook.jpg

19 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Christmas.

Erm, no.

Starts on 2nd week in November in BS10!

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Self check out tills, when you need an assistant every time🤦

Woman who queue for 5mins at till, then take an eternity trying to find their card in their bag or purse FFS 🙄

The escalator of doom in Tesco's...where everyone loses their ability to still keep walking. 

Then get there coupons out that are out of date 

• Like 2