IGNORED

Pet hates OTIB room 101

Major Isewater

On 16/12/2023 at 13:34, The Gasbuster said:

MLWs - Middle Lane Wanchors

Not sure if they are as bad, or perhaps worse, but OLWs - Outside Lane Wanchors

MLW-Fs - Middle Lane Wanchor FOLLOWERS 😡

Sheep-like ignorant idiots who just sit behind MLWs (at a safe distance of course 🙄) and just follow them. Oblivious to the jammed outside lane to the right of them.

No attempt by them to get the MLW to move into the inside lane (i.e no flashing of lights, gesticulation or aggressive movement)

WORSE than MLWs !!

4 hours ago, spudski said:

Cycling on roads to commute I'm on board with. Also like you say, if cycle lanes are provided then use them. I'd actually make it law that cyclists have to use them if provided. 

What I'm not on board with...and this comes from me a recent ex cyclist, is the hypocrisy of using the roads built for commuting, for a form of racing. 

Lycra clad racers, in groups or clubs, clipped in, going as fast as possible, the majority trying to beat their personal best times on Garmin etc. 

Clogging up the road, often ignoring traffic laws. Often being dangerous. They don't want to slow down, don't want to unclip...focussed purely on personal best times. 

No insurance.

As someone who's been there and done it, knows how the community think, then imo it's madness. 

The lycra clad will also not use cycle lanes. 

Oh...and add Jeremy Vine to that. Worst cyclist in the world. 

i was going to say people who blame cyclists for everything..... :)

(every bracket of transport has a similar % of bell ends )

so while we're here...

pedestrians who cross the road with headphones on, not looking

Car drivers who park on pavements (VW van owners specifically)

Bus drivers running red lights - who are just *****

Apologies announcements  on board trains

VOI scooter riders....

46 minutes ago, Antman said:

i was going to say people who blame cyclists for everything..... :)

(every bracket of transport has a similar % of bell ends )

so while we're here...

pedestrians who cross the road with headphones on, not looking

Car drivers who park on pavements (VW van owners specifically)

Bus drivers running red lights - who are just *****

Apologies announcements  on board trains

VOI scooter riders....

That's my point...they aren't using the roads as ' transport' to commute...they are using it for sport.

What other form of sport uses the roads as a form of sport whilst the public are commuting, and using personal best timing as the daily barometer. 

Meanwhile every other form of vehicle on the road is taxed and insured. Has had to take a test and pass. 

I also have issues with the ' Green E scooters'  for hire in Bristol. 

Having seen my 40 year up friends for the first time hiring them...wtf...a danger to themselves and others. It's nuts when you think about it. 

Hire a scooter...whether you can balance and ride it safely. 

Goes against all other formats of transport regs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spudski said:

That's my point...they aren't using the roads as ' transport' to commute...they are using it for sport.

What other form of sport uses the roads as a form of sport whilst the public are commuting, and using personal best timing as the daily barometer. 

Meanwhile every other form of vehicle on the road is taxed and insured. Has had to take a test and pass. 

I also have issues with the ' Green E scooters'  for hire in Bristol. 

Having seen my 40 year up friends for the first time hiring them...wtf...a danger to themselves and others. It's nuts when you think about it. 

Hire a scooter...whether you can balance and ride it safely. 

Goes against all other formats of transport regs. 

While we are on “transport”; I would like to add horses to this topic (well sometimes they are a method of transport).

Dog owners have to pick up their dog’s shit and dispose of it safely, or face a hefty fine.

Horses; who produce probably 20 times as much shit as a dog, just shit all over the road.

Why aren’t the riders forced to shovel up their shit ?

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

While we are on “transport”; I would like to add horses to this topic (well sometimes they are a method of transport).

Dog owners have to pick up their dog’s shit and dispose of it safely, or face a hefty fine.

Horses; who produce probably 20 times as much shit as a dog, just shit all over the road.

Why aren’t the riders forced to shovel up their shit ?

Because some old dear usually comes along five minutes later, shovels it up, and sticks it on her Roses 😉

57 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

i recently had a warning letter from police for crossing double white lines to give a horse  plenty of space as i passed. they didnt prosecute as they appreciated i passed as wide and safely as i could. cant be arsed to do that again if the riders going to send in camera footage,i will pass more closely and hope they smash their cameras if they fall off

Been around for a while now but I hate the "new" plugs - not the electrical ones but ones for your sink/bath - used to be a simple "bung" on a chain did the trick but over the last 20 or so years, it seems plugs now have to be massively over-engineered - move a lever, that links to another lever which will then link into a gear or something that will "screw" the plug down.....but not enough that actually blocks the water completely! Oh no, you wanna shave, you got 2 minutes...rubbish!!!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Shops that say 'can I take an e-mail address?' instead of just giving you a receipt.

People who drive on day light running lights without realising they have no rear lights - specifically, the idiot in the Porsche Macan on the M5 going north on Sun eve.....

On that note, people who turn their fog lights on when you can easily see for 100s of metres, and blind everyone else in the process.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

i recently had a warning letter from police for crossing double white lines to give a horse  plenty of space as i passed. they didnt prosecute as they appreciated i passed as wide and safely as i could. cant be arsed to do that again if the riders going to send in camera footage,i will pass more closely and hope they smash their cameras if they fall off

Horses riders two abreast on main roads are another pain in the arse. 

6 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Agree with that 100%.  I wonder if anyone actually reads it !!

It’s a legal requirement Tone. The government insists that peeps should know what the side effects and contra indications are with the medication they’re taking - and you’re spot on that hardly anyone reads them unless it’s new medication to the individual person who experiences odd symptoms and look to see if they’re caused by the new medication 

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s a legal requirement Tone. The government insists that peeps should know what the side effects and contra indications are with the medication they’re taking - and you’re spot on that hardly anyone reads them unless it’s new medication to the individual person who experiences odd symptoms and look to see if they’re caused by the new medication 

I just lob it straight in the bin

20 hours ago, spudski said:

Cycling on roads to commute I'm on board with. Also like you say, if cycle lanes are provided then use them. I'd actually make it law that cyclists have to use them if provided. 

What I'm not on board with...and this comes from me a recent ex cyclist, is the hypocrisy of using the roads built for commuting, for a form of racing. 

Lycra clad racers, in groups or clubs, clipped in, going as fast as possible, the majority trying to beat their personal best times on Garmin etc. 

Clogging up the road, often ignoring traffic laws. Often being dangerous. They don't want to slow down, don't want to unclip...focussed purely on personal best times. 

No insurance.

As someone who's been there and done it, knows how the community think, then imo it's madness. 

The lycra clad will also not use cycle lanes. 

Oh...and add Jeremy Vine to that. Worst cyclist in the world. 

Tbf, as someone who likes cycling, I’d only not use a cycle path if it was unridable, the ones out of Yate towards Frampton are always rubbish with crap and stones all over them, and i generally ride wide in the road when there are potholes everywhere and i don’t fancy crashing. Blame the useless council for not sorting them.

There are a few places where an event will take place, the road from Parker’s to Cromhall is a TT route where you do try and beat your time, but it’s a straight road with no traffic lights so normal road laws apply to drivers.

Ps - most people I know who cycle are insured 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

We were advised at a driver awareness course that I had to go on, that it is not illegal to cross a double white line if circumstances dictate, and the example of passing a horse rider or a cyclist was given as one.. Sounds like you were spotted by the worst kind of PC Shiny Buttons who thought he knew the rules but didn`t,

On 16/12/2023 at 12:13, Major Isewater said:

Apologies if this has been done ( I may have even started a thread on the subject before ! ) 

Here lies a place where all that annoys , irritates , angers you can be safely stored away.

I had this thought during my morning shower as I battled with an amorous shower curtain. Why can’t they just stay in place, the barstards. Clinging onto you as you try to wash. 

Come on chaps and chapesses, let’s be ‘avin them. 

There's a science behind this one. The cold air outside of the shower trying to replace the rising hot air inside the shower, thus pushing the slimey, mouldy curtain in towards your legs. Clever aren't I. A few dangly weights on the bottom of the shower curtain should fix it. 

• Like 1