IGNORED

Pet hates OTIB room 101

Major Isewater

31 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

People who aren’t ready to drive off at traffic lights! There’s only two options, stop, or go, so why aren’t you ready to go when the lights go green?!? Boils my piss when they then take an age to move off! 

(and before anyone starts, yes I know orange means prepare to move off)

Too busy looking at their phones from what I've seen before :facepalm:

Another annoyance of mine at lights (this happens every sodding day by where the Happy Landings pub used to be, behind a car in right hand lane and then when the lights change they suddenly decide to indicate right and everyone behind is stuck, so inconsiderate) 

Edited by Ronnie Sinclair

14 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

People who aren’t ready to drive off at traffic lights! There’s only two options, stop, or go, so why aren’t you ready to go when the lights go green?!? Boils my piss when they then take an age to move off! 

Totally boils my piss too.

I think we've got some of the slowest drivers in the world. 

Monged out in the rat race of congestion. Barely alive 🥴🤷🤣

Football managers/footballers/commentators who use the word “bravery” in a football context!

Firefighters who run into burning buildings to save people are brave, kids/people fighting cancer are brave, police officers, ambulance workers etc are brave 

FOOTBALLERS ARE NOT!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Football managers/footballers/commentators who use the word “bravery” in a football context!

Firefighters who run into burning buildings to save people are brave, kids/people fighting cancer are brave, police officers, ambulance workers etc are brave 

FOOTBALLERS ARE NOT!!

Aimes at anyone in particular ?🤣

15 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

People on this forum.

You go on a thread about something your interested after a day away, 100 new posts fantastic has he signed?

No,a couple of ***** arguing about it for two ****** days. you made your point we get it now **** off.

We should have a "pointless bitching about minutiae" sub forum.

• Like 1

On 15/01/2024 at 20:17, Dollymarie said:

On a similar theme……..people who get to the supermarket checkout, load all their goods into their bags, and then seem surprised that they’re going to have to pay.

Where’s my bag….which pocket is my purse/wallet in…..rummage, rummage, rummage…..which card to use……and so on.

Get it all bloody ready while you’re in the queue!!!!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 15/01/2024 at 21:49, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Too busy looking at their phones from what I've seen before :facepalm:

Another annoyance of mine at lights (this happens every sodding day by where the Happy Landings pub used to be, behind a car in right hand lane and then when the lights change they suddenly decide to indicate right and everyone behind is stuck, so inconsiderate) 

Or applying their make-up.

On 01/01/2024 at 21:35, Barry Sheene said:

When the press say someone is going to Jail. It's Prison in this country 

When people say "Proof of the Pudding" drives me mad because it is "The proof of the Pudding is in the eating"

Macaroni cheese has become Mac and Cheese.

People who call the month February Febree drives me insane.

Swansea and Cardiff shirts in JD sports at Bristol Airport.

And Wayne Mardle!

hate that too! Love macaroni cheese though. 

"Slaw" - yup I'm so cool!

• Haha 1

On 18/01/2024 at 16:36, italian dave said:

On a similar theme……..people who get to the supermarket checkout, load all their goods into their bags, and then seem surprised that they’re going to have to pay.

Where’s my bag….which pocket is my purse/wallet in…..rummage, rummage, rummage…..which card to use……and so on.

The worst is the self serve Tesco checkouts with a conveyor. Takes twice as long than if there was someone on the till. Twice I've pissed off the person behind me because it took too long to pack. 

“Unexpected item in the bagging area” Yes, it'll be my fist in a minute for you being so flipping sensitive!

“Someone is coming to help you” I don’t need help, I need your bloody machinery to not be so quick to judge as to how fast I need to put my purchases down! 

Oh and while I’m here, fast food restaurants, now you have to select everything on a screen instead of with a human being, I swear it takes 5 times as long to get your food! You used to order at the till, then the human would go off and collect your order, now there’s just tonnes of people stood around aimlessly, waiting for their order number to be called, and it all takes soooo much longer! 

(sorry, it’s been a very stressful week!)

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

On 18/01/2024 at 16:36, italian dave said:

So funny Dave...I said the same thing on this thread back in December...but unlike you, I said it was just woman 😉🙈🤣 which be honest, don't tick the political correctness box, when has a bloke held you up at a til...they don't...unless they identify as a woman and have a handbag full of crap, that takes ages to find anything 😆 😉

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, spudski said:

So funny Dave...I said the same thing on this thread back in December...but unlike you, I said it was just woman 😉🙈🤣 which be honest, don't tick the political correctness box, when has a bloke held you up at a til...they don't...unless they identify as a woman and have a handbag full of crap, that takes ages to find anything 😆 😉

It happens regularly Spudski and 99% of the culprits are female often older ones. It’s frustrating and I once moaned at the guy on the till about it and he smiled and said “you’ll be old one day”……..he had a point but I can’t imagine that I’d ever be so unaware not to have my wallet or phone ready!

47 minutes ago, spudski said:

It’s the sort of thing students do (and are both male and female of course).

They stand in a queue talking shit, then when it is their turn to be served, have a discussion about payment methods etc..

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, spudski said:

I’m sorry, Spud! I forgot you’d already said this. Another for room 101 - people who nick your posts 😂😂.

In my defence, I just had a look back. It was Dec 20th and weren’t we all miserable that day - there was a stream of posts letting off steam about anything you can think of!!! Just before Christmas too 😂😂

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It happens regularly Spudski and 99% of the culprits are female often older ones. It’s frustrating and I once moaned at the guy on the till about it and he smiled and said “you’ll be old one day”……..he had a point but I can’t imagine that I’d ever be so unaware not to have my wallet or phone ready!

I just understand handbags...why do they need to carry all that crap everyday 😭

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

I’m sorry, Spud! I forgot you’d already said this. Another for room 101 - people who nick your posts 😂😂.

In my defence, I just had a look back. It was Dec 20th and weren’t we all miserable that day - there was a stream of posts letting off steam about anything you can think of!!! Just before Christmas too 😂😂

Is anyone seriously happy these days for Xmas?

Seriously...all I hear these days is negativity about it, apart from time off work. 

Needless pressure on parents and families to ' fit in' with society pressured by marketing. 

Ridiculous. 

I work in hospitality...and the down turn in profits this month is so noticeable. 

It's so stupid when you think about it. 

January a month of shit dark weather...when everyone is telling you to diet, change your lifestyle, become the new you, dry month etc etc...when actually you should be stuffing your face, eating what you like, doing what you like, drinking, doing whatever makes you happy regardless,because it's crap outside 🙈🤣

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Seriously...all I hear these days is negativity about it, apart from time off work. 

Needless pressure on parents and families to ' fit in' with society pressured by marketing. 

Ridiculous. 

I work in hospitality...and the down turn in profits this month is so noticeable. 

January a month of shit dark weather...when everyone is telling you to diet, change your lifestyle, become the new you, dry month etc etc...when actually you should be stuffing your face, eating what you like, doing what you like, drinking, doing whatever makes you happy regardless,because it's crap outside 🙈🤣

ours are good every 2nd year when the kids and grandkids are going to the inlaws.😆

As for the dry January shit and the give up fags and decent tasting food, they can shove it where the sun dont shine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

ours are good every 2nd year when the kids and grandkids are going to the inlaws.😆

As for the dry January shit and the give up fags and decent tasting food, they can shove it where the sun dont shine.

As soon as social media, news, trends start to tell me to do something, I know it's bollox, so I do the opposite. 

No lemmings...always lead...be yourself. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, spudski said:

Ridiculous. 

We go out to eat more in January than in December.

December most places seem to think that Christmas, works parties etc etc means that it’s  OK to charge inflated prices for very average food.

January - much quieter, back to a proper menu, personal service, and like you say get to forget the weather, cold etc etc! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, italian dave said:

We go out to eat more in January than in December.

December most places seem to think that Christmas, works parties etc etc means that it’s  OK to charge inflated prices for very average food.

January - much quieter, back to a proper menu, personal service, and like you say get to forget the weather, cold etc etc! 

Totally with you on that Dave, sadly the majority follow the narrative and January is a quiet damp Squibb, when it should be just a normal month. 

I absolutely hate Xmas...had to endure Christmas songs on repeat from the middle of November until January at work. Worse than Chinese water torture 🙈🥴

• Like 3