IGNORED

Pet hates OTIB room 101

Major Isewater

On 19/12/2023 at 16:00, 2015 said:

I love Dogs, but anyone who just allows their Dog to continuously bark and bark and bark. 

It's annoying, but actually the correct way to train them not to, is to ignore them when they do and praise them when they don't. They do it for attention, so any sort of interaction encourages them.

Unfortunately, this takes time. And it makes owners look like they are just letting it happen.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 1

On 11/01/2024 at 23:44, slartibartfast said:

i'm getting totally ****** off with ******* Geordie voices on TV, it's the most ugly dialect in Britain, but producers on ALL channels seem to think it's "canny, like".  I wouldn't mind, but it's a very relatively small area that speaks it ! You hardly heard it till Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, and Big Brother came along, now it seems every other ****** on TV comes from Tyne/Wearside !  Northern ***** !

Continuity announcers that you can't understand a word of because they have been shoehorned in due to them being Jamaican, Irish, Brummie (insert whatever) to fulfill diversity quotas.

Their only job is to speak and be understood!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/02/2024 at 11:52, Red-Robbo said:

They know the difference in meaning, they just can't spell.

In my experience, the most common misspelling - other than there/their/they're - is loose instead of lose. 

Or 'too' instead of 'to'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

The 'impossible to open' little packages that sticking plasters come in. 

Surely they must be aware that you may be somewhat incapacitated when you need them. 😡

The "waterproof" plasters that fall off the first time you wash your hands! 🤬

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Superjack said:

Continuity announcers that you can't understand a word of because they have been shoehorned in due to them being Jamaican, Irish, Brummie (insert whatever) to fulfill diversity quotas.

Their only job is to speak and be understood!

Absolutely, it's true, can't understand a word............they would have never got a job like that in the 50's or 60's  !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Trendy signs for toilets that aren’t clear and leave you uncertain when you enter. ( sorry about that  ladies !) 

What’s wrong with male or female or ladies and gents ? 
Here is an actual sign.

Which one are you ? 
:dunno:

IMG_8553.jpeg

Depends on my mood…….

• Haha 8

On 13/03/2024 at 14:47, Superjack said:

I have only just discovered this thread. 

I will be posting a lot!

Anyway...

Cliff Richard.

In the late 70s early 80s, my mate's brother was in his touring band. Anyway, Cliff had just finished a long tour of North America and Europe and wanted them to take on some extra dates in Australia and New Zealand.  The band, who'd all been away from their families for months, all wanted a modest increase to undertake the extra two months involved. Cliff's as tight as a gnat's chuff, so he sacked them all and said he'd undertake the Aussie tour with local musicians. Trouble was, his rep preceded him, and few Aussie session men wanted to work with him; the band he hired didn't know his material and on the first night of the tour they were so shambolic they got booed. Cliff's manager quietly rehired the UK band on the enhanced money they wanted. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Trendy signs for toilets that aren’t clear and leave you uncertain when you enter. ( sorry about that  ladies !) 

Here is an actual sign.

Which one are you ? 

IMG_8553.jpeg

Male or Female!!!!!

What about all the other genders

Got to think about them

Ps Is saying them OK?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Here is an actual sign.

Which one are you ? 

IMG_8553.jpeg

Good one! And, yes, I’ve seen a couple recently where I genuinely haven’t had a clue. I guessed at one, and at the other I waited to see who came out! 

Risky though: there’s one or two posters over on a particular thread on the politics forum who’ll have something to say, and likely at inordinate length, if they spot this! 

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Good one! And, yes, I’ve seen a couple recently where I genuinely haven’t had a clue. I guessed at one, and at the other I waited to see who came out! 

Risky though: there’s one or two posters over on a particular thread on the politics forum who’ll have something to say, and likely at inordinate length, if they spot this! 

How about this beauty I saw in New York. I just peed in my trousers as it took too long too decide which facility to use.

I don’t collect toilet sign photos by the way , contrary to the evidence.

IMG_0793.jpeg

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

People who write or say RIP, when what they should be writing/saying is R.I.P.

This also applies to people who say “VAR” like it’s a word, when they should be spelling it out, as it’s three separate words. 

L   O    L

Edited by TonyTonyTony
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

This also applies to people who say “VAR” like it’s a word, when they should be spelling it out, as it’s three separate words. 

I wouldn’t mind someone saying RIP VAR though……😆

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Here is an actual sign.

Which one are you ? 

IMG_8553.jpeg

Is the one on the right for people with huge arses?

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Fun fact: They never use RIP (or R.I.P) in Australia or New Zealand. It's always "Vale" - Latin for farewell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Fun fact: They never use RIP (or R.I.P) in Australia or New Zealand. It's always "Vale" - Latin for farewell. 

Which is interesting, because the Latin for “rest in peace” is “requiescat in pace” and that’s why you’ll still see R.I.P. in some non-English speaking countries.

(And in Italian it’s “riposi in pace” - still R.I.P.) 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Which is interesting, because the Latin for “rest in peace” is “requiescat in pace” and that’s why you’ll still see R.I.P. in some non-English speaking countries.

(And in Italian it’s “riposi in pace” - still R.I.P.) 

After living in Australia for some 20 years I can assure you that R.I.P is a very commonly used expression.

Just now, BigTone said:

After living in Australia for some 20 years I can assure you that R.I.P is a very commonly used expression.

Working with Australian media groups at present. They all use Vale. It surprised me as well.