IGNORED

Pet hates OTIB room 101

Major Isewater

Pointless and needless use of the F word or stronger in almost every Drama on TV  - adds nothing - can people and writers not communicate now without dropping the f bomb every 5 seconds

(cue endless stream of replies ~~**&&$$!!!)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Car roof boxes addd to the drag which obviously uses more fuel. Best to remove them when not in use.

Well, of course.

Mount them and load them the day before leaving, unload and dismount them when returning.

I really don't see the problem, nor do I see any reason to wonder why they are being used all year round, i.e. whenever people go on holiday. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Advertising companies who ‘ talk’ to us like we are five years old. 
We don’t believe your bull droppings. Cut it out . 

Adverts that have the participants singing at us.

Go Compare, Flash, We buy any car,  to name just a few.

******* shit.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Anyone trying to give me advice/tell me what to do, who looks young enough to be my child (or grandchild in some parts of Bristol! :D )

It gets worse Dolly,….you’ll reach the time where they start offering you their seat on the bus/tube. 

• Haha 1

On 29/02/2024 at 09:59, CodeRed said:

People who are driving around in winter with their roof box still mounted on the car 5 months after returning from their gite holiday in France.

I recently had mine on for about 6 weeks whilst we were moving. Taking stuff from the old house to my mother in laws to store it as there was a gap between us selling and being able to move into the rented bungalow we moved into.

Then once we had moved in I was moving stuff between houses, and actually didn't have anywhere to store it because the garage was rammed.

Trust me if I never needed to put it on, I wouldn't. I hate the bloody thing but with a young kid and a dog it's a necessary evil sometimes 🤣

I haven’t scrolled thru this thread so apologies if this has already been mentioned - players disembarking from the team bus wearing headphones…….clear message to any waiting fans saying “don’t bother me”

That really irritates me.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, italian dave said:

It gets worse Dolly,….you’ll reach the time where they start offering you their seat on the bus/tube. 

This happened to me just before Christmas.

I was taking the RER in to Paris, standing as it was qute busy, when two young girls of Caribbean origin (I know, because I asked them) stood up and kindly offered me their seat.

I pretended to be angry and offended, arguing that I was young and didn't need their kind offer, and we all enjoyed a very pleasant chat for the rest of the journey.

A chastening reminder, perhaps, for those (including some on here) who moan constantly about today's youth, especially those who are foreign (or of a different, darker colour).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Robbored said:

I haven’t scrolled thru this thread so apologies if this has already been mentioned - players disembarking from the team bus wearing headphones…….clear message to any waiting fans saying “don’t bother me”

That really irritates me.

It's an age thing. My daughters have their air pods in pretty much all the time they aren't in lessons or hanging with their friends. I'm used to be a dad who is seen but not heard. All their friends' parents say the same. 

57 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It's an age thing. My daughters have their air pods in pretty much all the time they aren't in lessons or hanging with their friends. I'm used to be a dad who is seen but not heard. All their friends' parents say the same. 

I get that RR and day to day I don’t  have an issue but these guys are professional footballers who fans admire and look up to and to ignore any waiting fans is downright ignorant and disrespectful.

If I were a football manager I’d ban players wearing them as they disembarked the team bus - I can feel myself getting wound as I write!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I get that RR and day to day I don’t  have an issue but these guys are professional footballers who fans admire and look up to and to ignore any waiting fans is downright ignorant and disrespectful.

If I were a football manager I’d ban players wearing them as they disembarked the team bus - I can feel myself getting wound as I write!

Works both ways mind, RR. Reading the reports of the grief Fammy was given on Saturday, you’d not really blame him for shutting it out.

I do agree with your sentiment though. 

15 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I hate the arty farty ads that do their best not to tell you what the **** the're advertising !

Do you remember that Wallace and Gromit ‘Creature Comforts’ ad for Heat Electric in the ‘90s?

Voted one of the most popular ads of the time in surveys. The only problem was that the surveys also found that most people thought they were advertising gas! 

• Haha 1

People who go to the effort of putting their dogs poo into a poo bag BUT then just chuck the bag in a bush or on the floor, or anywhere but a bin! Like dog poo anywhere is bad, but dog poo in a plastic bag that’ll instead take hundreds of years to decompose…WHY?!?

Completely unrelated, people who when they can see my little girl running to press the button at a pedestrian crossing so she can stop the cars, and can hear me saying something along the lines of “go on then, press the button” BUT they still just go and press the button themselves! :grr:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Works both ways mind, RR. Reading the reports of the grief Fammy was given on Saturday, you’d not really blame him for shutting it out.

I do agree with your sentiment though. 

I get that as well Dave. However I certainly would have a problem if a player who was getting grief if he told the perpetrator to go forth and multiply………

20 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

People who go to the effort of putting their dogs poo into a poo bag BUT then just chuck the bag in a bush or on the floor, or anywhere but a bin! Like dog poo anywhere is bad, but dog poo in a plastic bag that’ll instead take hundreds of years to decompose…WHY?!?

Completely unrelated, people who when they can see my little girl running to press the button at a pedestrian crossing so she can stop the cars, and can hear me saying something along the lines of “go on then, press the button” BUT they still just go and press the button themselves! :grr:

I apologise, I didn't mean to do it ...................... on both counts !!!

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I hate the arty farty ads that do their best not to tell you what the **** the're advertising !

I just despair how much they must have paid the agencies to make some of the adverts! Particularly the 15 second ones to be played before and in every break in a film.

1 hour ago, Midred said:

I just despair how much they must have paid the agencies to make some of the adverts! Particularly the 15 second ones to be played before and in every break in a film.

Problem is, it works! Particularly for insurance - music in an ad ingrains it more deeply into your memory, and in an industry which is already very saturated, they're desperate for their brand awareness to be higher than others. Very ****ing annoying though.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I get that as well Dave. However I certainly would have a problem if a player who was getting grief if he told the perpetrator to go forth and multiply………

Oh 100% RR. And as I understand it Fam was as gracious as ever.

Well, 99% - I have to say I find it hard not to have a smile about the way Eric Cantona dealt with it! 😁

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Adverts where there is a face on the product to make you like it . 
Reminds me of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy where an animal is promoting various bits of his body that could be tasty. Sick . 
Stick a smiley face on a turd and people will buy it . 
:disapointed2se:

I'll have a tenners worth!

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Adverts where there is a face on the product to make you like it . 
Reminds me of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy where an animal is promoting various bits of his body that could be tasty. Sick . 
Stick a smiley face on a turd and people will buy it
:disapointed2se:

First picture - from the Emoji film from a few years ago.

Second picture - from South Park - Mr Hankey The Christmas Poo.

So yeah, spot on @Major Isewater 🤣

Poop.thumb.png.63041ce92fffa8a82b625cb73007bace.png71jjIQdjxpL.thumb.jpg.2d9987a5b5259c32271d32336231663c.jpg