IGNORED

Watford away match thread

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

Looks so comfortable at this level, I can see him getting a move to a big club in the next 18 months if he continues like this

Semenyo on the other hand plays exactly as he did at City, in fits & starts 

Either I’ve just genuinely had a case of serious de ja vu or I read this post last season too. 

That half was fantastic. The one criticism I would have is not being decisive enough when we had some really good opportunities - Plenty of good attacking build up then didn't result in shots on goal/chances created when they should have. The goal just before half time takes away the nagging feeling of "should of made more of that while we had the chance.." 

I really, really, really good performance - stopping short of saying a complete performance because of the above. Great stuff! COYR!

• Like 3

Best half of football under Manning. 

Back 4 have been immense. Pring gets all the plaudits due to his physicality, but Tanner, criminally underrated by some, has also been outstanding defensively and makes us so hard to beat.

TGH needs to be signed up immediately. He is everywhere. James is a class act but I think with the style of football LM wants to play, the mobility of this midfield 3 is the best fit we have. 

Mehmeti looking confident again and it’s now exciting to see him on the ball.

Conway is getting in some good spaces, needs to work on his link up play a little as has been a bit wasteful, but that will come! 

Watching this on a beach in Jamaica and so glad I am… COYR!!

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

First half reflections

Not wishing to speak too soon, but that first half was one of the most complete City  performances I’ve seen this season, in fact, for a long time.

If we had shown a little more composure in and around their penalty area, we could’ve been ahead by more.

As per my opening words, let’s hope we can keep this going and continue to take the game to them. I would hate for us to sit back and defend a two-nil lead. So far we have made them look very ordinary. Let’s carry on doing that for the remainder of this game.

The City fans have been a great credit and really seem to be enjoying themselves.

• Like 9