IGNORED

Watford away match thread

4 hours ago, City oz said:

Great work as always JB. I hope you are having a great xmas and all the best for the new year. Keep these match day threads going and you never know later next year in 2024 you maybe recommending pubs for our great travelling away fans to drink close by to where premiership clubs reside.

Season’s greetings City oz. Hope you are well, I look forward to mentioning lots of new pubs! Mate of mate of mine from here in Jersey has done a house swop with my mate in Perth for Christmas, seemingly they are both having a great time 😀

• Like 1

I'll never forget my only visit to Watford; must have been in the mid 1960s. Bad weather and a very heavy pitch. Late in the game a hopeful boot upfield found Big John on his own just past the half-way line and as he ran he seemed to get slower and slower in the mud. I never thought he'd make it, but just as the defenders caught up with him he lashed a fantastic shot into the net from the edge of the area for the winner. What a day.

• Like 4

https://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/watford-fc-vs-bristol-city-26-12-2023-ko-15-00.60688/

Watford 3-4 Bristol City.

Still trying to work out Hull contrived to lose it. Boy they took from Wycombe about a year ago (Mehmeti) very dangerous down left wing & is main creative player.

Robins are aggressive. Hornets, don't wear your best sandals.

I watch Wycombe with a mate a few times a year. I reiterate Mehmeti is a dangerous player and needs to be carefully marked. He is a maverick and so didn't fit in with Pearson's regimental style. Let loose he can be a match winner but lacks discipline.

2 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

a tense nervy 2-2 for me today

Two goals is ambitious based on recent times…Score predictions here please…. Something has to change hopefully today!!

Last 7 games v Watford

2014.  FA Cup Lost 2-0 A

2017  League Cup won 3-2!!! A Whatever happened to Hinds?!

2018 FA Cup lost 3-0 A

2020 League drew 0-0 H

2021 League lost 6-0!! A

2022 League drew 0-0 H

2022-23 League lost 2-0 A

2023- 24 League A ??????

Ballsy that from Manning to drop James and I respect it. I rate James and think he's been a good player for us, but I am sensing this is the beginning of the end of him with his career at City.

Good to see Knight as captain.

Just now, TommyD68 said:

Knight captain over Vyner is an interesting call, not sure I agree with that one 🤔

I worry if Vyner was given captaincy, we'd see a downturn in form akin to Liam Fontaine. Some are just not happy with the pressure

• Like 6