IGNORED

Millwall at home match thread

1 hour ago, Garland-sweden said:

They will play defensive like Brum I suppose. Patient, fast passes and legs will be needed. 2-0 City. COYR 

Rowett left.

Under Edwards we are more positive. However, he has also recognised the need to not to go gung-ho. His first game saw us win 4-0 at Sheffield Wednesday, but then some reality checks against the likes of Leicester and Ipswich, plus late goals conceded meant we have tightened up again. However, the football is far more attacking than under GR, with some good combinations developing.

Bristol City are in great form though, and at home. I would be very happy with an entertaining draw. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Piccolo said:

Rowett left.

Under Edwards we are more positive. However, he has also recognised the need to not to go gung-ho. His first game saw us win 4-0 at Sheffield Wednesday, but then some reality checks against the likes of Leicester and Ipswich, plus late goals conceded meant we have tightened up again. However, the football is far more attacking than under GR, with some good combinations developing.

Bristol City are in great form though, and at home. I would be very happy with an entertaining draw. 

I think that is very likely.

6 hours ago, Piccolo said:

Rowett left.

Ok, understand. Lets hope for a good game.

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Looking forward to today. Going 3-0 City, New year optimism and all that.

COYR

They are optimistic as well; https://millwallonline.com/forum/threads/team-v-robins.54945/

Will be a tough game for sure but confidence must be sky high and the spirit in the squad is tremendous.

Bristol City usually play a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. They either like to dominate possession or play on the counter depending on the opposition. As they are at home their fans will expect them to have a real go at us and that could play into our hands. Our 3-4-3 could work against them if we remain disciplined and in a good shape defensively. We could definitely exploit any wide spaces if their full-backs go forward. BNC and Emakhu could enjoy breaking into any gaps they leave

We'll see a lot of the ball again. Millwall have only had around 35% in their last couple of games but have still created chances and have a few clean sheets too.

Would not be surprised to see a score draw today.

• Like 1

Tested positive for Covid this morning (thought it was just a cold), a lot of family have the same, so its a stream for me.

Millwall are on a mini-run with two consecutive wins after winning just one of their previous 13 games.Turned a corner ?

Last four away is W0, D1, L3, F3, A7, Pts1 so not good, 22nd in away form. City last four at home is W3, D0, L1, F8, A6, Pts9 and 6th in home form.

On paper it looks like a home win, but its never as easy as that is it.

I would have preferred to have beaten Birmingham before this game (and we really should have). I can see Millwall battling for a point today. Cue 3-0 or 0-3 given my record for predictions...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Tested positive for Covid this morning (thought it was just a cold), a lot of family have the same, so its a stream for me.

Millwall are on a mini-run with two consecutive wins after winning just one of their previous 13 games.Turned a corner ?

Last four away is W0, D1, L3, F3, A7, Pts1 so not good, 22nd in away form. City last four at home is W3, D0, L1, F8, A6, Pts9 and 6th in home form.

I would have preferred to have beaten Birmingham before this game (and we really should have). I can see Millwall battling for a point today. Cue 3-0 or 0-3 given my record for predictions...

Get well soon, lad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Unless feeling really unwell would you still go if you had a cold or flu symptoms, 

not knocking you but the word Covid brings fear or a badge of honour to some , I swear some people love to have it even when it’s not bad just so they can say they have the dreaded COVID 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1
Just now, redkev said:

Unless feeling really unwell would you still go if you had a cold or flu symptoms, 

not knocking you but the word Covid brings fear or a badge of honour to some , I swear some people love to have it even when it’s not bad just so they can say they have the dreaded COVID 

Covid affects people differently, my sister is currently bedridden and having a tough time. I've had Covid three times despite all the vaccinations and on one of those times I ended up being transferred to hospital in an ambulance in a bad way.

So yes, if it were just a cold I would attend, but I don't want to be responsible for sending someone to hospital if I know I have Covid - that would be stupid. Hence me checking this morning.

Not a badge of honour, just being sensible.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

Happy New Year to all and hopefully another 3 points today.  It will be a hard game, especially if the Wall come here to park the bus, we are not good at breaking down teams who come for a point. I think a low scoring game 1 - 0 to us I hope.  Have a good afternoon and Come On You Red's!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Covid affects people differently, my sister is currently bedridden and having a tough time. I've had Covid three times despite all the vaccinations and on one of those times I ended up being transferred to hospital in an ambulance in a bad way.

So yes, if it were just a cold I would attend, but I don't want to be responsible for sending someone to hospital if I know I have Covid - that would be stupid. Hence me checking this morning.

Not a badge of honour, just being sensible.

Well done, hope you are better soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, NewquayRed said:

What’s the crack with Manning and Sykes ?

In what way? 

lots of games in such a close time scale. The squad was going to have to be utilised 

Expect him to come on second half and get at a tired Millwall 

one thing I will say is though - prepare for a really dull game 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, NewquayRed said:

What’s the crack with Manning and Sykes ?

1 minute ago, archie andrews said:

Crikes.... No sykes...... 

Sykes gives it 100% every game for as long as he can, he's probably due a bit of a rest and will no doubt come on for the last 30 mins.

I don't see anything wrong with that personally.

• Like 4

Hickman and sykes both drop out for james and weimann 😳 must be rotation but not our strongest line up by any means certainly has all the makings of a underwhelming game what with millwall most likely coming to play for a draw like Birmingham did and our lack of craft when we have to much time to think on the ball.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1