IGNORED

Forest Green Rovers

Henry

I  genuinely wish Cotts all the luck in  the world.......and hope he keeps football's   only Vegan football club in the Football League.   What he achieved for that One magical season at Ashton Gate should never be forgotten....because,   for that 2014-15 season we ruled that League!!  It was a great feeling!

• Like 9

22 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Your user name always makes me think of the Blues Brothers, but I’m guessing you’re just from Elmore?

I play guitar.  Years ago I learned slide guitar and came across Elmore James' 'Dust my Broom'.

I was inspired to play slide after hearing The White Stripe's cover of 'Death Letter'.

https://youtu.be/ba0IunweO5Q?si=cRMHyC27gHtivpgB

Edited by Elmore James
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 25/01/2024 at 22:40, Mrdc said:

How any city fan cannot like Cotts stuns me.

He gave us something really special to cherish.

Completely agree. 

My favourite ever manager and best single season in 2014/15. 

What he achieved will live long in the memory, that was such a fantastic team. 

To win only our 5th ever league title and the first for 60 years was brilliant. To do the double was amazing; I believe I am right in saying he’s the only manager in our history to win two trophies in a season. I didn’t think I’d ever see a City manager parade two trophies around the pitch at the end of a season! You would think it might be quite a while before we see that again. 

I hope he does well at FGR and most importantly stays in good health. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

Not a good look is it ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68110883

I know his appearance on Mastermind was embarrassing but is he really that thick , clearly so

Deeney said he would hit him "if you weren't the fourth official" before being sent off.

The ex-Watford striker admitted to using the words but denied that his behaviour or language were threatening.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I see they've re-signed Christian Doidge today.

Could be a decent signing at L2 if he avoids the curse of the returning player. Also he was apparently behind returning from injury Adam Le Fondre in the pecking order at Hibs.

My big takeaway from that is Adam Le Fondre is still playing!

Edited by fgrsimon

• Admin
32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think Cotts might end up regretting saying yes.

Didn’t expect much today but they took a hammering & are well adrift now.

Is there an element that they've recognised they're going down so they're already preparing for next season? 

• Like 2

FGR Accounts for 2022-2023 (L1) for the accountants amongst us.

FOREST GREEN ROVERS FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED filing history - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Turnover £8.3M

Loss £1.4M

Wages £4.7M

Matchday Income £1.4M

Media Income £2.8M

*Commercial £4.0M

*Not entirely sure where this comes from? The ITK person on the forum reckons it's mostly sponsorship from the parent group Green Britain Group (also Dale Vince)

Richard Keogh on debut versus Aden Flint. Aden got a nice nod down for the first goal. Forest Green played well for a long spell without threatening to score, and once the second went in no way back. Nigel Clough doing the business again in the lower leagues cannot ever recall him being connected with the City top job ?

5 hours ago, Commoner said:

Richard Keogh on debut versus Aden Flint. Aden got a nice nod down for the first goal. Forest Green played well for a long spell without threatening to score, and once the second went in no way back. Nigel Clough doing the business again in the lower leagues cannot ever recall him being connected with the City top job ?

Probably because we're not lower league ?

• Haha 1

On 11/02/2024 at 04:03, fgrsimon said:

FGR Accounts for 2022-2023 (L1) for the accountants amongst us.

FOREST GREEN ROVERS FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED filing history - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Turnover £8.3M

Loss £1.4M

Wages £4.7M

Matchday Income £1.4M

Media Income £2.8M

*Commercial £4.0M

*Not entirely sure where this comes from? The ITK person on the forum reckons it's mostly sponsorship from the parent group Green Britain Group (also Dale Vince)

Thanks for that info. 
Do we know how this compares to other League 1 clubs. And I suppose league 2 clubs for that matter?