IGNORED

Forest Green Rovers

Henry

Truly remarkable he was ever appointed in the first place.

Since they lost Rob Edwards to Watford Vince has veered all over the place appointing loads of odd choices as head coach.

They’re going back to non league & it won’t be easy for them to return, nowhere near the fan base of Yeovil.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Truly remarkable he was ever appointed in the first place.

Since they lost Rob Edwards to Watford Vince has veered all over the place appointing loads of odd choices as head coach.

They’re going back to non league & it won’t be easy for them to return, nowhere near the fan base of Yeovil.

You could at least understand Burchnall, but yeah after that its been a mess

• Like 1

As someone who has watched FGR about a dozen times this season, I can categorically state that Deeney is correct in every single thing he has said in that interview. 
Should he be saying it publically, mmmmm; maybe not. But I’ll tell you one thing - he’s bloody right and it’s refreshing to hear. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Harry said:

As someone who has watched FGR about a dozen times this season, I can categorically state that Deeney is correct in every single thing he has said in that interview. 
Should he be saying it publically, mmmmm; maybe not. But I’ll tell you one thing - he’s bloody right and it’s refreshing to hear. 

7 minutes ago, Jose said:

Troy Deeney is a clown. Some of the rubbish he spouts on podcasts is comical. 

He does like to be honest but maybe too much and don’t think Troy quite knows how much he is ranting when getting going !

• Like 1

Deeney may well be right but he seems to forget that, for almost 6 months, he's had a senior role on and off the pitch and I'm told his attitude on the pitch in that time was one of the worst. He scored I think 4 goals in total but 3 of those were in the same game which they lost.

It's nothing but a circus under Dale Vince which is why I've had nothing to do with the club for many years now. The club became everything I hate about football. Ironically the least sustainable (financially) football club in the Football League. Top 5 or so budget in L2 on gates of 1500.

Vince will still be happy though, lots more publicity in the national and probably international media today and tomorrow.

• Like 2

Refreshingly honest from Deeney. 

Like a fool I paid £70 odd quid to watch FGR against Wimbledon recently in the Carol Embrey suite. 

Just for old times sake, as it's what I used to regularly do when it was free in the non league days. 

Didn't eat the food...it was dead in there. With players kids running around like lunatics annoying everyone. 

Sat and watched behind glass and lost the will to live....so so boring. Left early. 

Won't be doing that again any time soon. 🤦🤷

Edited by spudski
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, spudski said:

Refreshingly honest from Deeney. 

Like a fool I paid £70 odd quid to watch FGR against Wimbledon recently in the Carol Embrey suite. 

Just for old times sake, as it's what I used to regularly do when it was free in the non league days. 

Didn't eat the food...it was dead in there. With players kids running around like lunatics annoying everyone. 

Sat and watched behind glass and lost the will to live....so so boring. Left early. 

Won't be doing that again any time soon. 🤦🤷

Got to question what Dale Vance is thinking. The club is sinking at quite a rate.

He’s letting FGR turn into a shambles.

11 hours ago, Harry said:

9 hours ago, Lrrr said:

And yet I pretty much believe everything he's said in that

Thing is though, does this work?

We all know of managers who have gone absolutely ballistic in the dressing room (GJ, Cotts) before coming out with a far more watered down version in public.

Maybe he’s inherited a squad of wasters & losers but the trick is how you turn that around. He brought in 3 players last week so he’s being given the opportunity to change it.

I’m not sure saying in public a player you picked (& who was in the Championship last season) like Dabo is basically rubbish, works.

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Got to question what Dale Vance is thinking. The club is sinking at quite a rate.

He’s letting FGR turn into a shambles.

I don't think he is thinking beyond his ' Green' ideas. 

FGR is his play thing and just gives him publicity to promote Green. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Thing is though, does this work?

We all know of managers who have gone absolutely ballistic in the dressing room (GJ, Cotts) before coming out with a far more watered down version in public.

Maybe he’s inherited a squad of wasters & losers but the trick is how you turn that around. He brought in 3 players last week so he’s being given the opportunity to change it.

I’m not sure saying in public a player you picked (& who was in the Championship last season) like Dabo is basically rubbish, works.

Thing is he was part of the squad - was Deeney thinking like this when playing with them?

They are probably all on the phone to their agents or even the owners as player power is very big these days.

Might all be true but only usually one winner in a situation like this.

Not that Deneey will care too much. 

From the outside it looks like Vince's decision making is poor by always backing managers with no experience, maybe it has worked for him in business like that but clearly it's a disaster here. For me their best move would be to sack Deeney and bring in someone experienced in the lower leagues like Cotterill if he was interested and hope he can save them. They look doomed which is a pity as I want them to stay in the FL.

You can tell he doesn’t give a **** about the club, the fans or players (probably feels above them all) & probably also doesn’t want to be a coach. All of his interviews stink of “you lot are just wasting my time”. 

How they’ve gone from Rob Edwards to him in 18 months takes some doing. But anything that means failure for Dale Vince, I’m all for. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

That's not a bad shout at all, although I could see it earlier than that on a "rescue mission".

No chance...not with the players at his disposal. 

He'd try to play Barcelona type football with poor players incapable at that level. 

I'm not his biggest fan, but they need someone like Cotts in there. 

• Like 1

Wow 😀  thanks for sharing to the poster….that interview made me laugh..made my afternoon…

Never heard an interview like that from a manager on a public broadcast…

He says ‘worse than watching frigging  antiques road show…apologises to anyone who likes that’ Calling out particular players  re attitude and behaviours, and saying about why not going to play them etc etc…Saying how he wants them to play and they ignore him..(to paraphrase)

good stuff… 

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

You can tell he doesn’t give a **** about the club, the fans or players (probably feels above them all) & probably also doesn’t want to be a coach. All of his interviews stink of “you lot are just wasting my time”. 

How they’ve gone from Rob Edwards to him in 18 months takes some doing. But anything that means failure for Dale Vince, I’m all for. 

What’s wrong with Vince ?

Just now, TV Tom said:

What’s wrong with Vince ?

The bloke is a total weapon, who basically just made fun of our fans who were crammed into their away end with no view of the game in the CC game there a few seasons back after they clearly massively oversold the allocation

42 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The bloke is a total weapon, who basically just made fun of our fans who were crammed into their away end with no view of the game in the CC game there a few seasons back after they clearly massively oversold the allocation

Stale Mince.

Saw that on asschat made I laugh 😁

• Haha 1