IGNORED

Forest Green Rovers

Henry

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Can I ask why?

Blimey Lew...I'd be here all week explaining. 

At the time of his tenure, I was often the one on here going against the grain as to his efficiency here, and after promotion it proved true. 

He did a marvellous job in getting promotion, but he and the club were going in different directions so to speak. 

I don't blame him...I blame the club for appointing a manager that was the wrong fit long term, but short term it worked out. 

We are talking the days of Burt and Pelling, FFP implications, Contract promises broken,  Academy being pushed...lots was going on. 

He ran out of ideas and backing. 

He imo, is a good honest league 1 and 2 manager. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

GErodPVWsAAM2gn?format=jpg&name=small

I really don't want to drag this out, but he looks and sounds a lot better in the clip.

Perhaps it was just the photo angle.

Or, perhaps, it was just me.

I know a lot of people his age that look worse tbh (Madonna for one :laugh:, state of it) ..he looks fine imo. Considering his illness etc. 

Should be a great appointment for FGR. But he really does have his work cut out. They’ve been terrible all season. 
Unless he can very quickly get 2 or 3 of his own signings in, it’s gonna be very tough. 
But I certainly hope he can do it - as my local club and pretty much my 2nd team really, as I tend to get to around 10-15 games a season up there. 

• Like 4

On 23/01/2024 at 21:04, Robbored said:

Only GJ and I know what went down that day.

Everything else is made up bollocks.

@Robbored Why don’t you just reveal the “truth” now then and put it to bed as such? Come on alot of water has passed under the bridge, did you shit yourself and lie to Gary’s face when asked if it was your good self whom had been stirring? 

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I see they managed to get rid of Teddy Jenks today - loaned to Ross County. 
Possibly the worst player I’ve seen at league 2 level. Really really bad! 

Richard Foster bad?

9 hours ago, spudski said:

I know a lot of people his age that look worse tbh (Madonna for one :laugh:, state of it) ..he looks fine imo. Considering his illness etc. 

I’m with you on Madonna! 👽And she’s spent well over half a million dollars on plastic surgery and treatments 😱

• Like 1

11 hours ago, spudski said:

Blimey Lew...I'd be here all week explaining. 

At the time of his tenure, I was often the one on here going against the grain as to his efficiency here, and after promotion it proved true. 

He did a marvellous job in getting promotion, but he and the club were going in different directions so to speak. 

I don't blame him...I blame the club for appointing a manager that was the wrong fit long term, but short term it worked out. 

We are talking the days of Burt and Pelling, FFP implications, Contract promises broken,  Academy being pushed...lots was going on. 

He ran out of ideas and backing. 

He imo, is a good honest league 1 and 2 manager. 

He refused to change from a 3 at the back to a 4 which was his downfall at City in the end imo. Championship is his absolute ceiling and he isn't good enough at that level, he could be, but he's too stubborn to change.

He's a Neil Warnock type for any L1 or L2 club. Brilliant at that level.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2015 said:

He refused to change from a 3 at the back to a 4 which was his downfall at City in the end imo. Championship is his absolute ceiling and he isn't good enough at that level, he could be, but he's too stubborn to change.

He's a Neil Warnock type for any L1 or L2 club. Brilliant at that level.

He reminded very much of John Ward in his approach.

Hopefully he can do a good job at FGR and enjoy it. 

As he implies stubbornness and impatience are his 'weakness'. 

11 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

GErodPVWsAAM2gn?format=jpg&name=small

I really don't want to drag this out, but he looks and sounds a lot better in the clip.

Perhaps it was just the photo angle.

Or, perhaps, it was just me.

As a fairly well preserved 58yr old I'd say he looks pretty good. 🤣🤣.

Really pleased for him and hope it goes well. Remember, for that season we were the absolute dogs bollocks in that league,  loved to see it.... sigh... seems a long time ago but here we are- decent mid to upper champ team. 

• Like 1

I hadn't realised until just reading the Bristol Live article, that Cotts has five promotions on his CV.  That's impressive.

I was a fan of Lee Johnson, at least for the first couple of years (though I always wished him well). However, Lee has not and probably never will, match the success Cott's has had.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Elmore James said:

I hadn't realised until just reading the Bristol Live article, that Cotts has five promotions on his CV.  That's impressive.

I was a fan of Lee Johnson, at least for the first couple of years (though I always wished him well). However, Lee has not and probably never will, match the success Cott's has had.

Your user name always makes me think of the Blues Brothers, but I’m guessing you’re just from Elmore?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Your user name always makes me think of the Blues Brothers, but I’m guessing you’re just from Elmore?

The picture in his profile is of the king of slide guitar, Elmore James. Maybe he is just a fan?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elmore James said:

Five promotions is very impressive at any level, many have been in management all their lives and have never had one promotion 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

The picture in his profile is of the king of slide guitar, Elmore James. Maybe he is just a fan?

Well you learn something new everyday, just assumed he was James from Elmore.

I know I’ve asked this before (and forgotten) but @DaveInSA, is that St.Annes or South Africa…or somewhere else?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I know I’ve asked this before (and forgotten) but @DaveInSA, is that St.Annes or South Africa…or somewhere else?

I remember a few years ago when I changed my username I was asked by one poster what it was like living in Egypt. :)

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

🤣

He's a legendary blues guitarist, referenced by Geroge Harrison in For You Blue..."Elmore James got nothing on this,baby"

As a side note, George wrote some absolute bangers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

I  genuinely wish Cotts all the luck in  the world.......and hope he keeps football's   only Vegan football club in the Football League.   What he achieved for that One magical season at Ashton Gate should never be forgotten....because,   for that 2014-15 season we ruled that League!!  It was a great feeling!

• Like 9