IGNORED

Tommy Conway

reddogkev

Bloody love this kid, I had no idea he had been with us since he was 7.  That's pretty amazing really, makes you appreciate he must be City through and through.

Awesome determination and poise for the goal, and led the line very well.

Also, got to admire his confidence to think he can make the Scottish Euro squad, probably a bit too early for him to make the sort of step up, but loving the ambition.

Just hope we can hold onto him for a couple more seasons and watch him become a top striker playing for us!   Stay away Bournemouth!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Bloody love this kid, I had no idea he had been with us since he was 7.  That's pretty amazing really, makes you appreciate he must be City through and through.

Also, got to admire his confidence to think he can make the Scottish Euro squad, probably a bit too early for him to make the sort of step up, but loving the ambition.

Just hope we can hold onto him for a couple more seasons and watch him become a top striker playing for us!   Stay away Bournemouth!! 

I loved his interview where he said he was there as a fan when Korey Smith scored the winner against Manchester United.

• Like 6
  • Robin 2

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I think I'd be quite shocked if he didn't make that Euros squad if he carries on like this. Its definitely a realistic aim for him. He's certainly better than Lyndon Dykes. 

• Like 2

I'm not saying it's just words etc, but if he really held true fan qualities, he would sign a new deal which protects the club he so say loves. A release clause could be added or gentleman's agreement, so if the right offer comes he can leave, but at present he is out of contract at the end of next season, and in the summer, the world and it's wife will know he is in his final year, so offers will not be as lucrative, as he would move a year later for compensation. So if his feelings are true and it's not just words, he could repay that belief and faith shown in him, by signing a deal that benefits all parties. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Arsenal fan I believe, hence his “bants” with Alex a Spurs fan.

I’m sure he’s a City fan too 😉😉😉

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Arsenal fan I believe, hence his “bants” with Alex a Spurs fan.

I’m sure he’s a City fan too 😉😉😉

Dave any idea if he went under compensation at the end of his contract. How much that fee would be? Just looking at worst case scenario.

Just now, RedRoss said:

Dave any idea if he went under compensation at the end of his contract. How much that fee would be? Just looking at worst case scenario.

No idea, depends on 7/8 different parameters, inc things like wage amount in our contract offering, other club’s offering, etc.

Danny Ings was £6m to Liverpool with add-ons.  If he’s scoring lots it wouldn’t be a pittance.

I think his goal tally will improve with Twine feeding him. That said if he isn’t signing a new deal and we get a big offer in the summer I’d sell if we could reinvest………. Which we won’t so better keep actually. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

No idea, depends on 7/8 different parameters, inc things like wage amount in our contract offering, other club’s offering, etc.

Danny Ings was £6m to Liverpool with add-ons.  If he’s scoring lots it wouldn’t be a pittance.

If he keeps scoring atleast we have some precedent examples we can use to bat away low ball offers from clubs in the summer.

I posted this on the transfer forum where TC moving on or not was discussed (this was pre last night). My gut is that he’s not signing a contract as there has been one on the table for a while and we will cash in as opposed to letting him run down his deal. He has struggled for goals from open play recently and with luck Twine can unlock that more to season end - but regrettably I think he may be doing that to maximise TCs value as opposed to anything else. Love him to sign though!

I think to be fair it’s more about where Tommy sits relative to Alex/Antoine in the pecking order. The two AS’s both went to Bournemouth- Alex seemingly as first choice, Antoine took a while but is now a regular. The other side of the coin is a Massengo (with the caveat I’m not sure he’s Prem quality) - moved to Burnley and hasn’t kicked a ball. Now HNM may not care - and the bank balance is a real comfort - but he’s effectively wasting years of his career by making the wrong move.

And that’s probably where I see things with Tommy. Hes definitely got top level potential (probably lower half), but he’s not a definite starter at bigger teams at this level or the lower half at the level above currently. Making the wrong move now could lead to him having a very warm backside and his career having passed him by. 

So, a “better offer” financially and he may well be off. But I think it’s also down to game time and maybe taking not the best £ but the best fit which for me may be something like a Boro if they were interested. 

I do think he’s going, both because of the contract length and because I don’t think the current style suits him which will naturally make him less attractive as his goal return drops (think it’s 2 open play goals in 12?) - but I’m not sure it’s binary 

25 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I posted this on the transfer forum where TC moving on or not was discussed (this was pre last night). My gut is that he’s not signing a contract as there has been one on the table for a while and we will cash in as opposed to letting him run down his deal. He has struggled for goals from open play recently and with luck Twine can unlock that more to season end - but regrettably I think he may be doing that to maximise TCs value as opposed to anything else. Love him to sign though!

I think to be fair it’s more about where Tommy sits relative to Alex/Antoine in the pecking order. The two AS’s both went to Bournemouth- Alex seemingly as first choice, Antoine took a while but is now a regular. The other side of the coin is a Massengo (with the caveat I’m not sure he’s Prem quality) - moved to Burnley and hasn’t kicked a ball. Now HNM may not care - and the bank balance is a real comfort - but he’s effectively wasting years of his career by making the wrong move.

And that’s probably where I see things with Tommy. Hes definitely got top level potential (probably lower half), but he’s not a definite starter at bigger teams at this level or the lower half at the level above currently. Making the wrong move now could lead to him having a very warm backside and his career having passed him by. 

So, a “better offer” financially and he may well be off. But I think it’s also down to game time and maybe taking not the best £ but the best fit which for me may be something like a Boro if they were interested. 

I do think he’s going, both because of the contract length and because I don’t think the current style suits him which will naturally make him less attractive as his goal return drops (think it’s 2 open play goals in 12?) - but I’m not sure it’s binary 

You might be right but I don't think he'll share that view. If, say, Burnley came in for him, I'd imagine Tommy would back himself to break into their team and score goals. Or if Bournemouth sold Solanke etc etc.

Plus his agent will be saying, 'don't worry, if for any reason they don't start you, we'll get you a really good loan move.'

40 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Worst take on OTIB this year, on day 2, and unlikely to be topped!  Crown him now?  Bookies are paying out 😉

Your ability to see into the future is a gift! 😉

In all seriousness though a player like Twine playing behind him he should get more opportunities at goal in the league. 

Hopefully he can get into double figures this season. Although not too high or else he'll be off to the South Coast to join his mate Alex.

1 hour ago, Jose said:

I think his goal tally will improve with Twine feeding him. That said if he isn’t signing a new deal and we get a big offer in the summer I’d sell if we could reinvest………. Which we won’t so better keep actually. 

He would score more if we put crosses into the box, Mehmeti always cuts inside and never delivers a cross. His movement is good hopefully Twine can give him some decent service.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Worst take on OTIB this year, on day 2, and unlikely to be topped!  Crown him now?  Bookies are paying out 😉

…worst take by a country mile…..and to think, it didn’t come from me 

Edited by Andy082005
  • Haha 5

City fan , been with city since 7 , family all city fans 

prem team comes in for him with decent bucks all of the above irrelevant Im afraid that’s how it works and I don’t just mean the club cashing in he will want to go aswell , the only realistic way of keeping any talent we got is to get in those play off spots it then gives them hope of going to the prem where they are , but when knocking around mid table - there off I’m afraid 

• Like 7

If he’s got ambition to play for Scotland, he may well be better off playing regular 90 mins with us for another 18 months rather than being considered one for the future by a PL team and getting the occasional start in the league cup and some time off the bench in a PL relegation scrap.

• Like 2