IGNORED

Scott Twine

DaveF

10 hours ago, Tim Monaghan said:

To be fair, I always take return date, times it by 8, add on an extra week, and then I find I'm normally within 6 months of the actual return date. 

I assumed he was gonna be out for quite a few t'weaks

27 minutes ago, Jose said:

No. Because if I see one more corner hit the front man again on Friday I’ll run on and take it my bloody self. 

I assumed last night it had to be tactical - we were playing far too many in that area and any professional footballer can at least hit the right area from a set piece. Whether we thought Dave Rennie had made a comeback and was going to flick the balls on, who knows!

51 minutes ago, Jose said:

No. Because if I see one more corner hit the front man again on Friday I’ll run on and take it my bloody self. 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

40 minutes ago, Ashtongreight said:

I actually can’t wait for Friday now, looking forward to a guy running on from the crowd, putting in a pin point corner, for Dickie to rise up and plant a header in the top corner. 😀

Is this you @Jose?

nice left foot!

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Legendary spreadsheetmanship!

I still can’t see the need for the 3rd CB, when….

IMG_9699.thumb.jpeg.a4f7ec189540858d9dbe2d6e6667d047.jpegIMG_9700.thumb.jpeg.32f7804541a8f92a8b3ec66f60614b94.jpeg

You can shuffle across the pitch as a four.

It was one of the things I liked in the earlier Manning games, where most of us were just crying out for Ross to return (in place of George) and give us the same option in the right (at RB) that Cam was giving us on the left (at LB).

I honestly think it’s a huge waste of ONE player that could be better utilised to create overloads anywhere else in the pitch.

I think he’s really constrained his attacking options by doing this.

+++++

Excel is dead, long live Notability and the Apple Pencil

In the past you could see why Pearson went for a 3/5 at the back and that was because we our defence was shite to put it bluntly and probably a portion of that was our weak mentality too. So we needed that extra body there. 

We now have a top 6 defence I believe so I totally agree with you, we don't need that extra body there. People are complaining that Conway is isolated so it makes no sense to forfeit a body in attack. 

I consider Liverpool to be the perfect example of front foot football. Soon as they get the ball, they want to get forward and make something happen. 

This is how they play when attacking generally. They get numbers forward. They potentially leave themselves exposed on the counter but its risk vs reward isn't it. 

That's what we need, numbers in attack. 

My worry since day 1 was that Manning was always going to go to a back 3/5. I think it's good that we can switch the formations up but playing 3/5 atb limits us imo. 

20240131_232536.jpg

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Thanks 1