IGNORED

Scott Twine

DaveF

Woz we think of his debut then?

Set pieces were very good, a refreshing change to see us get on the end of a few, at least one of which we probably should have scored from.

In open play he wasn't the best, seemed to be trying hard to impress with some difficult balls. He looks to have some vision and tries a lot of through balls.

All in all reasonably promising?

• Like 8

Really good set piece taker. Will bring chances. In open play he was what I thought we were signing. Decent on ball, with the odd bit off brilliance. 

Actually I didn’t think he could head the ball 😂. Had absolutely no right to win that and if I was their manager I’d ripping  Livermore a new one. 

• Like 1

If it wasn’t for him we would have lost that game today. What a leap of a header it was. Take a bow mate. We could have won it a stupid handball to give away. Watford didn’t look like they was go to score from open play to me. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Woz we think of his debut then?

Set pieces were very good, a refreshing change to see us get on the end of a few, at least one of which we probably should have scored from.

In open play he wasn't the best, seemed to be trying hard to impress with some difficult balls. He looks to have some vision and tries a lot of through balls.

All in all reasonably promising?

Good player. We signing him or what though ?

Not a chance we are going up, and he must be on a big wedge.

30 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I thought it looked as though he needs to adjust to new team mates. I agree the vision was good and he attempted some passes that, if they came off, would have been great. But some were too far behind or too far ahead of others. Maybe our players need to learn him as well? They've had half a season without someone (Scott) picking those passes out so maybe some adjustment in expectations is needed there.

I think with a bit of bedding in we might see more of those come off. We've seen Mehmeti become a bit more of a team player in the past few months and I hope Twine can gel in time.

That being said, it's a bit of a shame if we need a half season loanee to take time to gel...really he needs to slot in straight away. Hopefully he doesn't take much time to become effective.

Liked the look of him. Unlucky not to add an assist to his goal with one of those set-pieces. I just can’t see a world of where Burnley and us agree a fee in the summer, especially if they’re down. So a loan player I won’t let myself fall in love with. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I thought it looked as though he needs to adjust to new team mates. I agree the vision was good and he attempted some passes that, if they came off, would have been great. But some were too far behind or too far ahead of others. Maybe our players need to learn him as well? They've had half a season without someone (Scott) picking those passes out so maybe some adjustment in expectations is needed there.

I think with a bit of bedding in we might see more of those come off. We've seen Mehmeti become a bit more of a team player in the past few months and I hope Twine can gel in time.

That being said, it's a bit of a shame if we need a half season loanee to take time to gel...really he needs to slot in straight away. Hopefully he doesn't take much time to become effective.

There is bound to be a period of adjustment.  This is particularly so with a quality player, which I believe he is.  We have seen all this before.

He did score a good goal and we haven’t been scoring enough.  Hope we bring in another out and out striker, but I shan’t be holding my breath.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yep, this.

One I recall was back end of first half when he tried to play McCrorie in and got the weight wrong (based on what RM would do) and it was easily cleaned up. I posted at half time that he wasn’t on the same wavelength as his teammates (not saying he’s better or worse - he was just not in sync), and there is a real concern there that we’ve got him as stands for 4 months. If he takes time to slot in, then unless we buy permanently, then we’ve wasted 4 months which was one of my concerns over the loan.

Set pieces - absolutely excellent. Open play - less so but putting that down to bedding in currently. With the caveat he doesn’t have time to bed in!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Dickie and Atkinson should be licking their lips at the set piece delivery.

Would be good to see a back three that included Atkinson and Dickie. Vyner and Tanner on the right of defence is definitely a weakness coming out from the back.

As for Twine, good debut but needs to know when to play the simple ball rather than the speculative one and also understand his defensive role in the team. The one good thing with him in the team is that it should stop us wasting corners by playing them short. Great delivery and with him and TGH on the pitch we have 2 players who can really make the most of dead ball opportunities.

• Like 3

I think his position will be key for Manning next season. Whether it’s him or a “Twine type”, he found pockets of space centrally that we haven’t seen someone do for many years, even if not always threatening he was involved somehow. 

• Like 1

Good debut.

Great header & desire to win it.

Excellent new dimension to our attacking play with good quality deliveries into the box. A real shame Rob Atkinson isn't fit to capitalise.!

Good addition, who I'd hope will become more & more effective as he & teammates get to know each other more. 

• Like 2