IGNORED

Scott Twine

DaveF

7 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Are you @Robbored in disguise?

Curr Avon is spot on. Anything rumoured is only believable when it’s announced on the OS. 

Even now after all these years do I still find it confusing that others can’t accept what I’m saying…………:dunno:

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

14 hours ago, Slack said:

Heard a rumour he's injured, is this true?

14 hours ago, Slack said:

Ignore found the same apparently out for rest of season?!

Felt some discomfort in his Quad and was rested was what I was told. A long way from the scare stories that were on here and elsewhere. 

If there was anything more to it I think he wouldn't be anywhere near the grass. This current medical team seem very cautious in their approach.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Even now after all these years do I still find it confusing that others can’t accept what I’m saying…………:dunno:

Even now after all these years do I still find it comforting that RR can wheel out his "can't understand the difference between news and a rumour" routine and still raise a smile.

8 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

Even now after all these years do I still find it comforting that RR can wheel out his "can't understand the difference between news and a rumour" routine and still raise a smile.

You’ll never see me start a rumour RZ.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Curr Avon is spot on. Anything rumoured is only believable when it’s announced on the OS. 

If it announced on the official site it cannot be a rumour, so that argument is a clear non starter RR

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Felt some discomfort in his Quad and was rested was what I was told. A long way from the scare stories that were on here and elsewhere. 

If there was anything more to it I think he wouldn't be anywhere near the grass. This current medical team seem very cautious in their approach.

Well he couldn’t play last night anyway

27 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

There are a few words I'd use to describe it, I'm not sure "comforting" is one of them though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Having a scan early next week apparently 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

This current medical team seem very cautious in their approach.

I see your sly little dig here at the previous regime. 

Wasn't your mate Atkinson played in a 21s game and then a few days later in an 11 v 11 where he picked up another injury? That doesn't scream "very cautious in their approach" 

However this from SPH doesn't fit with what you're trying to suggest about the previous regime. 

Screenshot_20240128_100526_Facebook.jpg

15 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I see your sly little dig here at the previous regime. 

Wasn't your mate Atkinson played in a 21s game and then a few days later in an 11 v 11 where he picked up another injury? That doesn't scream "very cautious in their approach" 

However this from SPH doesn't fit with what you're trying to suggest about the previous regime. 

Screenshot_20240128_100526_Facebook.jpg

OK, two things.

1. Rob was actually pencilled in to play an U21 game the Monday after the Cardiff game. As soon as that team left he was told that no one else thought he was ready and he was pulled out of full training for two weeks to do further strengthening work on his knee. The hamstring injury could have been related to his recovery, but he has a history of hamstring injuries in both legs going back to his teens, this one was minor and he would have been back but for a completely unrelated personal issue.

2. The majority of Sebs recovery has been under the current team, how his schedule might have differed I don't know.

Personally I think that the previous team did a great job on the stamina and overall fitness of the players, Joe Williams and our overall ability to last 90+ minutes most of the time are testament to that.

I differ from @Davefevs view and clearly yours when it comes to players recovering from injury, there are obvious examples like the failed attempts to rush Naismith back, but there are other stories which I would be happy to share with you privately if you would like.

27 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

OK, two things.

1. Rob was actually pencilled in to play an U21 game the Monday after the Cardiff game. As soon as that team left he was told that no one else thought he was ready and he was pulled out of full training for two weeks to do further strengthening work on his knee. The hamstring injury could have been related to his recovery, but he has a history of hamstring injuries in both legs going back to his teens, this one was minor and he would have been back but for a completely unrelated personal issue.

2. The majority of Sebs recovery has been under the current team, how his schedule might have differed I don't know.

Personally I think that the previous team did a great job on the stamina and overall fitness of the players, Joe Williams and our overall ability to last 90+ minutes most of the time are testament to that.

I differ from @Davefevs view and clearly yours when it comes to players recovering from injury, there are obvious examples like the failed attempts to rush Naismith back, but there are other stories which I would be happy to share with you privately if you would like.

My view is that the medical team are professionals and trying to do what is right.  I never blamed Rolls like many did, shit happens.  And it’s a team, not one person. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

OK, two things.

We will never know if he would have played that 21s game. What we do know is he played a 21s game and then a few days later an 11 v 11 and got injured again under Manning. When Manning first came in there certainly seemed to be a rush to get players back. Naismith came back and got injured again. Benarous picked up another injury. 

I don't want to come accross as rude but I do have to challenge you here on you attempting to say that SPH words are aimed at the new team when clearly they were not. I know this doesn't fit with what you're trying to frame but these are the facts - 

29th August - SPH gets injured

29th October - Pearson and his team including Rennie leaves. 

7th November - Manning appointed. 

14th Nov - SPH returns to the match day squad at Newport and comes off the bench.

So I'm totally baffled how you have said "the majority of Sebs recovery has been under the current team" when actually it's very likely and probable that he was back at Newport before Manning was even here.  

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Anyone heard any more regarding Twine's fitness?

I was against the finances behind the deal and still am, but given he's here we need him tomorrow night.

If it's thought necessary for Twine to have a scan, as several on here have indicated, then unfortunately you'd imagine he has a problem that means he'll miss at least some games.

Even if, as we'd all hope, it shows up a far more minor problem than perhaps is feared.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If it's thought necessary for Twine to have a scan, as several on here have indicated, then unfortunately you'd imagine he has a problem that means he'll miss at least some games.

Even if, as we'd all hope, it shows up a far more minor problem than perhaps is feared.

Damaged goods, perhaps Burnley will let him go on the cheap now. Good work City .

:laughcont:

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I think you're right, but I'm holding out in the small hope that, as he's not our player we are being extra cautious. 
Maybe he reported a problem originally, but he's ok to play, the scan is to make sure there is no real damage.

Even as I typed that I started to lose hope.

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We need JL to cast his expert eye , yet again, over the medical team, as it would appear the changes he instigated have not worked. Or is it too much time on the grass?

Or is it just football? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

We need JL to cast his expert eye , yet again, over the medical team, as it would appear the changes he instigated have not worked. Or is it too much time on the grass?

Or is it just football? 

Or is it just a rumour ?

14 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

Or is it just football? 

A quick Google gives me this answer......

Quadriceps strains are typically caused by physical activity, although they can also occur if an object slams into the thigh. Athletes and runners are especially prone to quadriceps strains, although they can happen to anyone who is playing a sport, exercising in the gym, or simply stretching their legs.

Perhaps JL could buy some cotton wool for the medical team to wrap the players in? 

28 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

A quick Google gives me this answer......

Quadriceps strains are typically caused by physical activity, although they can also occur if an object slams into the thigh. Athletes and runners are especially prone to quadriceps strains, although they can happen to anyone who is playing a sport, exercising in the gym, or simply stretching their legs.

Perhaps JL could buy some cotton wool for the medical team to wrap the players in? 

JL will sack Manning for not giving them enough time off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I'm sure Bournemouth fans feel the same way about signing players from us.

Was desperate for a centre mid - signed Williams - out for most of the season

desperate for a RB - sign Mccrorie - out for half a season

Desperate for creativity - sign twine - apparently injured

sure there’s more 

1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Was desperate for a centre mid - signed Williams - out for most of the season

desperate for a RB - sign Mccrorie - out for half a season

Desperate for creativity - sign twine - apparently injured

sure there’s more 

Had anyone actually said he’s injured bar a poster a few days ago ? 

• Like 3